Should Buffalo go after Tim Tebow?

Blackout

Not sure why anyone here should care.

We just released McElroy, who moved ahead of Tebow last year.

After kicking Tebow around for a year and then jettisoning him, if he goes to another team and becomes good why we're still playing Ring Around The Starting Quarterback this board is going to explode.

After kicking Tebow around for a year and then jettisoning him, if he goes to another team and becomes good why we're still playing Ring Around The Starting Quarterback this board is going to explode.

Tebow's not going somewhere and "becoming good." Really.

Tebow's not going somewhere and "becoming good." Really.

You can never be sure.

We saw Eli be lousy for several seasons before slowly putting it together and leading his team to two Super Bowl wins.

Phil Simms was completely mediocre for several years before he finally emerged, winning one Super Bowl and leading his team during the regular season for a second, (he was hurt for the playoffs).

After failing to produce, Jim Plunkett was traded by New England to San Francisco, cut by SF the next year, (by his college coach!), then came to the Raiders as a backup and ended up winning two Super Bowls.

Like Yogi Berra said, "Ya know, ya never know".

We have a new season starting, with 2 new QBs.  When Tim Tebow does something to warrant being on an NFL team - as a QB - and then show he deserves to be higher than 3rd string, and then shows he deserves to start, and then shows he is even an average-performing QB, and then etc....then you can say "I told you so" to all of us.

But even that has little to do with my comment, which questioned why any of us should have any opinion on the subject of whether or not the Buffalo Bills should add Tim Tebow (or anybody, frankly) to improve their team.

We have enough to discuss about the Jets at the start of the season to not play mini-draft GM for the Buffalo Bills and ponder how Tebow - who was cast off 3 teams from March 2012 to August 2013 - might be an asset worthy of conversation.

..But even that has little to do with my comment, which questioned why any of us should have any opinion on the subject of whether or not the Buffalo Bills should add Tim Tebow (or anybody, frankly) to improve their team.

We have enough to discuss about the Jets at the start of the season to not play mini-draft GM for the Buffalo Bills and ponder how Tebow - who was cast off 3 teams from March 2012 to August 2013 - might be an asset worthy of conversation.

He's in the national conversation.   He's probably the most known pro football player in the country.  He has people doing "The Tebow" all over the place.  Why even at the Coast Guard Academy graduation ceremony not far from here, one of the graduates did "The Tebow" upon receiving his diploma.

And we aren't supposed to talk about him?

tebowing-graduation.jpg

:face:

Can we please give up on this fantasy already?

We have a new season starting, with 2 new QBs. When Tim Tebow does something to warrant being on an NFL team - as a QB - and then show he deserves to be higher than 3rd string, and then shows he deserves to start, and then shows he is even an average-performing QB, and then etc....then you can say "I told you so" to all of us.

But even that has little to do with my comment, which questioned why any of us should have any opinion on the subject of whether or not the Buffalo Bills should add Tim Tebow (or anybody, frankly) to improve their team.

God bless you, sir.

He's in the national conversation.   He's probably the most known pro football player in the country.  He has people doing "The Tebow" all over the place.  Why even at the Coast Guard Academy graduation ceremony not far from here, one of the graduates did "The Tebow" upon receiving his diploma.

And we aren't supposed to talk about him?

tebowing-graduation.jpg

So I should put this thread in the lounge?

So I should put this thread in the lounge?

I can't stop you. 

But I believe this forum is for "Talk about Rex Ryan, John Idzik, the NY Jets and the NFL here."

Tim Tebow was a Jet last season who was signed with much fanfare-a press conference was held just for him.  And he is only days from being cut by a team in our division.    So I would think this is the forum for it.

I wasn't even Tebow fan when he was here, and I'm not a Tebow fan now.  It's just that after watching that preseason game they showed up here, it seemed to me that I have never seen a QB look so bad consistently, then when you seem to need it the most he marches the team down the field.   He was that way in Denver too. 

Never saw anyone like that.

i dont understand why we wouldnt talk about him

I bet we talk about sanchez when he leaves us. Tebow is a popular nfl player and was a jet. We talked bought favre after he left

its only as annoying as you make it

sperm edwards has always hated me, that's why he's being mean in this thread.

I can't stop you. 

But I believe this forum is for "Talk about Rex Ryan, John Idzik, the NY Jets and the NFL here."

Tim Tebow was a Jet last season who was signed with much fanfare-a press conference was held just for him.  And he is only days from being cut by a team in our division.    So I would think this is the forum for it.

I wasn't even Tebow fan when he was here, and I'm not a Tebow fan now.  It's just that after watching that preseason game they showed up here, it seemed to me that I have never seen a QB look so bad consistently, then when you seem to need it the most he marches the team down the field.   He was that way in Denver too. 

Never saw anyone like that.

We have cut lots of players.  Buffalo has cut lots of players.  It is hardly news.

No one wonders if ex-Jet _______ is a good fit for (non-Jets team) ________.

We have cut lots of players.  Buffalo has cut lots of players.  It is hardly news.

No one wonders if ex-Jet _______ is a good fit for (non-Jets team) ________.

I somehow get the impression that, considering how much trouble Tebow and his fans, (not Jets fans who like Tebow, but Tebow fans who come to the board excusively to post about him), have caused in the past here, the mod crew has decided that now Tebow's gone from the team, there's no particular reason for there to be threads about him on Jet Nation.

Just a hunch.

Archived