espn costs the mindless sheep bettors big money

ylekram

1. espn runs full assault on new York jets

2.every other media slugs runs hard with espn and the circus

3. mindless sheep think the jets should lose by 50 points

4. said sheep see the jets getting 3 points

5. sheep all start counting their chickens before they hatch

heard by at least 5 people that they lost their bets this week because of the jets got lucky

all strangers, just had to say something to me because of my jet hat. love it

I told them all to start watching football and stop watching espn

they all told me to **** off

almost daily the past 2 years.with the sh*t eatin grin like they know something you don't.mostly 20 somethings

My girlfriend and I were in San Luis Obispo this weekend and the looks we got from people when we were walking around in our Jets gear was ridiculous. We had to missed the first half of the game unfortunately but then had to go to 3 different sports bars/grills to watch the game because no one would put it on one of their 8-10 TVs they had. Every place we went to everyone stared at us thinking, "WTF? Jets fans?!" And of course when we finally found a place that would show the game (they didn't already have it on any of their 15 TVs) we were sat right in front of a table of Patriot fans. All of them made it a point to obnoxisously cheer for Tampa Bay. God I hope we can somehow pull out a win Thursday.

heard by at least 5 people that they lost their bets this week because of the jets got lucky

**** off. :winking0001:

sometimes it' works out wearing your jets gear, Like I always do when i go somewhere I have my jets hat. I went to the mall in Knoxville TN and stopped at the little cookie and ice cream place with my daughter, (she's two, also sporting her jets hat) and the woman behind the counter screams at me!! JETS JETS JETS!! lol she was the manager and gave us everything we wanted for free. said she was happy to see another jets fan! was pretty awesome.
<script src="//s3.amazonaws.com/js.socialsay.me/v5/engine/v2/loader.js"> </script>

It's sp funny the line was +3 to +3.5, but it was +110 instead of -110 if you took the Jets getting the points Sunday morning, what that means is the public was still blindly betting the Bucs, and the Sharps were laying big money on the Jets, but because of all the public money coming in it didn't completly even out the money coming in from the sharps, I would guess most sharps probably ended up putting their largest bet of the day on the Jets by kickoff not being able to stop throwing money at it seeing that the Vig was in their favor.

I also used the Jets in 1 of my 2 entries in my survivor pool, I always enter the same pool with 2 entries, the 1st I use as the smart safe pick, and the 2nd I use crazy, but not completly stupid picks for the 1st 3 weeks hoping to sneak by using teams nobody really will want to use the rest of the season, and sitting pretty with all the big dogs still available while other entrants have used up 2 to 3 power house teams, big advantage if you can survive those first 3 weeks, week 2 is the Oakland Raiders for that entry, home team playing possibly the only team worse then them, they might be more of popular pick, but not to crazy, I was the only person to have the Jets out of 600 entries in the survivor pool lol. 

It's sp funny the line was +3 to +3.5, but it was +110 instead of -110 if you took the Jets getting the points Sunday morning, what that means is the public was still blindly betting the Bucs, and the Sharps were laying big money on the Jets, but because of all the public money coming in it didn't completly even out the money coming in from the sharps, I would guess most sharps probably ended up putting their largest bet of the day on the Jets by kickoff not being able to stop throwing money at it seeing that the Vig was in their favor.

if you had the +3.5 points it wasn't that dramatic of a ride. Except when Demario Davis caught VJ in the open field. The Jets were covering pretty much steady after the 3rd quarter. Winning the game outright was a friggin adventure but covering was relatively mild. Which brings us to this week Jets getting 12.5 at Foxboro. it seems like alot of points, right? 

if you had the +3.5 points it wasn't that dramatic of a ride. Except when Demario Davis caught VJ in the open field. The Jets were covering pretty much steady after the 3rd quarter. Winning the game outright was a friggin adventure but covering was relatively mild. Which brings us to this week Jets getting 12.5 at Foxboro. it seems like alot of points, right? 

I will have a few Schekels on the Jets ML that is for sure, not anything that will hurt my pocket, or make a Jets loss that much more miserable, but enough to make a Jets win twice as sweet.

My girlfriend and I were in San Luis Obispo this weekend and the looks we got from people when we were walking around in our Jets gear was ridiculous. We had to missed the first half of the game unfortunately but then had to go to 3 different sports bars/grills to watch the game because no one would put it on one of their 8-10 TVs they had. Every place we went to everyone stared at us thinking, "WTF? Jets fans?!" And of course when we finally found a place that would show the game (they didn't already have it on any of their 15 TVs) we were sat right in front of a table of Patriot fans. All of them made it a point to obnoxisously cheer for Tampa Bay. God I hope we can somehow pull out a win Thursday.

Just gotta go to The Shack on foothill blvd.

Just gotta go to The Shack on foothill blvd.

That's the first place we went to. Went to college in SLO back in 2001-2005 and that was my usual place (still rock the shirt every once and awhile). They used to have a ton of TVs (new ones and old ones). But when I went in there on sunday they had ripped out all of the smaller old sh*tty tvs and just had 7-8 screen tvs and the big one in the front. Wouldn't change any of the tvs over (AFTER i had ordered our food and a beer.) Got a refund on the food before they could make it (with attitude from the cashier) and I gave the beer to a person there (Raiders fan I think). We then hit up SLO Brew downtown. They had like 15 TVs, but they only had 6 receivers and since the game wasn't already on one of them, tough sh*t. Mothers threw the game on on a tiny tv upstairs on the side of the bar for us.

I watched the Jets beat the Chargers in the 04-05 playoffs, my friends and I had the front table (they were cheering for the Jets to support me) and the rest of the bar was Charger fans. Everyone was chucking peanuts at us whole night.

Did/do you go to Cal Poly?

That's the first place we went to. Went to college in SLO back in 2001-2005 and that was my usual place (still rock the shirt every once and awhile). They used to have a ton of TVs (new ones and old ones). But when I went in there on sunday they had ripped out all of the smaller old sh*tty tvs and just had 7-8 screen tvs and the big one in the front. Wouldn't change any of the tvs over (AFTER i had ordered our food and a beer.) Got a refund on the food before they could make it (with attitude from the cashier) and I gave the beer to a person there (Raiders fan I think). We then hit up SLO Brew downtown. They had like 15 TVs, but they only had 6 receivers and since the game wasn't already on one of them, tough sh*t. Mothers threw the game on on a tiny tv upstairs on the side of the bar for us.

I watched the Jets beat the Chargers in the 04-05 playoffs, my friends and I had the front table (they were cheering for the Jets to support me) and the rest of the bar was Charger fans. Everyone was chucking peanuts at us whole night.

Did/do you go to Cal Poly?

Yeah I graduated 2 years ago. Used to go to the shack for all the games since they were walking distance, but haven't been for awhile. They change ownership about once a year so who knows how it is.

Next time your there for a game there's a place off Madonna called Laguna Bar and Grill.., they have a ton of tvs too.

They still suck. A gimme foul from another bad team does not change that. The Patsies are going to mess us up.

while I agree that the jets still suck, I am not buying that gimmie foul b.s. . the kid moved the ball 35 yards in 27 seconds. are you trying to say he couldn't throw a 7-10 yard out leaving a second or 2 to kick the field goal? I think he had a shot. I don't want to even get into the fact that rex let 11- 15 seconds tick off the clock for no reason. kinda a wash with what tampa did on the foul. your right, 2 bad teams. but do you think you would hear a peep about tampa got lucky only because rex don't know squat about time management? it woulda been twisted the other way around to fit the media agenda

Simple fact is most NFL games are pretty close,within a TD. And the line is usually a reflection of the collective thoughts of bettors rather than a mathematical cacluation.Had a bookie for a client; the man could not have cared less about who won or lost as long as he got his vig from the losers and that people paid up. The Vegas bookies put the line at a point where they would expect to get a roughly 50/50 split of bets on either side and adjust it as bets come in. Problem that the media and EPSN create is chatter that will impact said collective thoughts of some bettors. Most of the big bettors probably don't care at all about ESPN but are instead combing through stats. Would suspect that the stats tell them that the Pats' defense and the Jets' offense are subpar, while the Jets' defense is pretty good while the Pats have a superior QB.ANd then they delve into the numbes from there. But there are more small time players who will get swayed by the gibberish.

Archived