God I hate Holmes

Jetfan13

Jets' Santonio Holmes satisfied with his personal performance despite blowout loss

ORCHARD PARK — Jets wideout Santonio Holmes chose to look at the bright side of his team’s 37-14 loss to the Buffalo Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium on Sunday.

“I caught just about every ball that was thrown to me,” Holmes said.

Holmes returned for the first time in five games since hurting his hamstring, and caught two passes for 71 yards. He was targeted eight times.

One possible reception was overturned by officials after video review, and another ball thrown his way was intercepted. Holmes insisted that he performed his duty as Rex Ryan acknowledged that Holmes was limited on his play count as he continues his recovery.

“I went out and did what I was supposed to do today,” Holmes said. “That was to make plays and help this team try to win ballgames.”

Asked if he had to make many adjustments due to the constant pressure that Geno Smith faced from Buffalo’s defenses, Holmes focused on his role.

“We’ll let the coaches deal with that,” Holmes said. “My job is to run down field and get open and catch as many balls as I can.”

The two are not mutually exclusive, agenda whore.

if the Jets had a better QB, we'd like Holmes more. Tom BRady would have no problem producing with this player. HIstorically... really good WR act like divas it's kinda how the league works. Even Jerry Rice could be a bitch if he didn't get his targets.

if the Jets had a better QB, we'd like Holmes more. Tom BRady would have no problem producing with this player. HIstorically... really good WR act like divas it's kinda how the league works. Even Jerry Rice could be a bitch if he didn't get his targets.

But did Jerry Rice EVER say he was satisfied with his personal performance after the team got an ass whipping?

But did Jerry Rice EVER say he was satisfied with his personal performance after the team got an ass whipping?

honestly I don't know. But let's not pretend like Holmes' comments are the reasons why everyone's pissed off this morning. Holmes could have said nothing and we'd all still feel like crap. Holmes is very good at being a scapegoat but he's not what's wrong with this team. or even close to it. 

honestly I don't know. But let's not pretend like Holmes' comments are the reasons why everyone's pissed off this morning. Holmes could have said nothing and we'd all still feel like crap. Holmes is very good at being a scapegoat but he's not what's wrong with this team. or even close to it. 

Holmes just makes it easier to point at him for his selfishness. It is a good way to direct venom, because he won't be here

Holmes is a damn good football player but IMHO he is not very intelligent.  He got his payday with the Jets and has loafed and dogged it ever since.  He is clearly a frack you and hooray for me guy.  Not a good teammate.  I'll be glad when he's gone regardless of his talent.     

With the dumb sh*t he says, he makes himself a target. We can win just as many games without him as we can with him. Plus save $$$$$. Just assume cut his ass now then wait for him to have 2 good games and then EARN (and I use that term loosely) another big deal.

The entire offense is garbage save Ivory.

Ivory had what, 30 yards rushing on 15 carries yesterday.  If you watched the game and don't look at stats only, you'd know 98 yards rushing was 70 yards on one play.  You know, one of those pad your stats on some meaningless running out the clock end of game run.  That sure doesn't make him good. 

So far he's had one good game, which was against his former team,  all season long.     This entire offense has been pretty much a disaster this year.

But that's why stats are pointless sometimes.  At the end of the year people who don't watch the games will see (wow he rushed for 98 yards... but if you actually watched the game, the guy had about 30 yards rushing.)  This is why people who just use stats never see the entire picture.   It's also why people who think Matt Simms is the next great QB are fooling themselves.  Will he be good?  Who knows, but playing QB in a blowout loss in the 4th Quarter doesn't make him good.     Go ask Matt Flynn about padding stats in a meaningless mop up role.

Jets' Santonio Holmes satisfied with his personal performance despite blowout loss

ORCHARD PARK — Jets wideout Santonio Holmes chose to look at the bright side of his team’s 37-14 loss to the Buffalo Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium on Sunday.

“I caught just about every ball that was thrown to me,” Holmes said.

Holmes returned for the first time in five games since hurting his hamstring, and caught two passes for 71 yards. He was targeted eight times.

One possible reception was overturned by officials after video review, and another ball thrown his way was intercepted. Holmes insisted that he performed his duty as Rex Ryan acknowledged that Holmes was limited on his play count as he continues his recovery.

“I went out and did what I was supposed to do today,” Holmes said. “That was to make plays and help this team try to win ballgames.”

Asked if he had to make many adjustments due to the constant pressure that Geno Smith faced from Buffalo’s defenses, Holmes focused on his role.

“We’ll let the coaches deal with that,” Holmes said. “My job is to run down field and get open and catch as many balls as I can.”

your hate is misguided. 

is it too much to think that Holmes has a side deal with Geno to get him more targets?  Holmes knows he is getting cut after the year.  If he can produce it means more money for holmes.  Does more money for holmes mean more money for Geno????  #conspiracytheory

is it too much to think that Holmes has a side deal with Geno to get him more targets?  Holmes knows he is getting cut after the year.  If he can produce it means more money for holmes.  Does more money for holmes mean more money for Geno????  #conspiracytheory

LOL

Think it's a bit of a reach to think that a QB who is hanging onto his job, against an UDFA , by his finger nails, is cutting side deals.

Still I like the idea 

Something akin to quitting in the huddle, when the rest of the team is trying to move on and call a play. Then sitting on the bench, putting yourself apart from the team, being a distraction rather than contributing.

That's ok in your book?

Depends on the situation.  

Archived