Daniel Jeremiah does a whole podcast on Marcus mariota

Persiussa

For those of you who enjoy podcasts a great one is Daniel Jeremiah's move the sticks. 2 weeks ago he did a 40 minute podcast just on Jamies Winston alone and it was a great listen. This week he has an entire show dedicated to Marcus mariota. The show is basically a 40 minute scouting report with interviews from people who know Marcus such as coaches, scouts and everything. If you really want to go in depth with scouting and understanding who mariota is this is the best way to do it.

For those of you who enjoy podcasts a great one is Daniel Jeremiah's move the sticks. 2 weeks ago he did a 40 minute podcast just on Jamies Winston alone and it was a great listen. This week he has an entire show dedicated to Marcus mariota. The show is basically a 40 minute scouting report with interviews from people who know Marcus such as coaches, scouts and everything. If you really want to go in depth with scouting and understanding who mariota is this is the best way to do it.

He won't be there at 6 so whats the point... just kidding.  But seriously I am not getting myself all worked up over him because I really don't see him falling to us.  

I'm not so sure he'll be gone by 6. Over the offseason we've seen times that he's risen and fallen stock wise. We're still a month away from the draft and mariota has a lot of questions that can't be answered through film. You have to project what he will be and teams might opt for the sure thing that translates on film. Many of these abs have failed too.

I tend to lead towards thinking he won't succeed in the nfl but I'm not sure. I want to know more.

I'm not so sure he'll be gone by 6. Over the offseason we've seen times that he's risen and fallen stock wise. We're still a month away from the draft and mariota has a lot of questions that can't be answered through film. You have to project what he will be and teams might opt for the sure thing that translates on film. Many of these abs have failed too.

I tend to lead towards thinking he won't succeed in the nfl but I'm not sure. I want to know more.

It's a good possibility that he may be there for us at 6. Here's the question I have.. He's not going to be ready. Can we afford to wait 2 years, maybe even 3? This will allow him to fully develop, because he's not ready to contribute at all.

It's a good possibility that he may be there for us at 6. Here's the question I have.. He's not going to be ready. Can we afford to wait 2 years, maybe even 3? This will allow him to fully develop, because he's not ready to contribute at all.

The interesting thing is, teams like Tennessee and Washington can't afford to wait on a qb because they might be drafting a qb for the next head coach. Whisenhunt and gruden could both be in trouble if their team doesn't perform right now.

The jets on the other hand have a brand new head coach who isn't in trouble at all they have a 3rd year qb that they probably are interested in giving 1 more chance plus a veteran in Fitzpatrick incase Geno doesn't work out. Those 2 qbs can get us through 1 year while mariota learns and if geno pans out then having 2 qbs is an awesome problem to have. The team has done enough in free agency that a first round pick doesn't necesarily have to play this year.

Waste of time. "Hey, let's talk to a couple of Mariota's homies and David Shaw (who talks about Kevin Hogan like he's John Elway) and see what they say about my seventh ranked player! Let's have some yucks with his Pop Warner coach! OK, now let's talk about his issues! Is he quiet? Yes, but biiiiiig deeeeeal! Eli is quiet! OK, how about the scheme? Sure it's nutty, but biiiiiig deeeeal! And how about the huddle? He's never huddled but who cares?"

I would take him. The rookie scale doesn't debilitate your team if he sucks, just move.

Waste of time. "Hey, let's talk to a couple of Mariota's homies and David Shaw (who talks about Kevin Hogan like he's John Elway) and see what they say about my seventh ranked player! Let's have some yucks with his Pop Warner coach! OK, now let's talk about his issues! Is he quiet? Yes, but biiiiiig deeeeeal! Eli is quiet! OK, how about the scheme? Sure it's nutty, but biiiiiig deeeeal! And how about the huddle? He's never huddled but who cares?"

You make me want this guy ten times more.

Not gonna listen to somebody talk for an hour about a player. Don't care if it's Winston or Mariota. The scouting reports out there are pretty much all you need, there's nothing this Jeremiah guy will cover that the other scouts missed. Plus Mariota is not gonna end up playing for the Jets anyway. But if you have some time on your hands go knock yourself out I guess.

SOLD!  Trade up and get him!

The NFL Network draft show went to sh*t so in sure this isn't much better.

Daniel Jeremiah is part of why it went to sh*t. He's hosting that POS show now. And then you have Charles Davis on, another mumbling idiot who can't get that stupid smile of his face, and the other short bald guy, Charles' little brother, I don't know who he is, but he's just as stupid looking. I can't listen to these 3 idiots.

Gone are the days where you had entertainers like Rich Eisen on NFL Network along with real experts like Mike Mayock or insiders like Adam Schefter (not his wannabe twin who keeps making up stories & sources). Mayock pops up like once a month now for a couple minutes. Travesty what happened to that network. At least ESPN can keep their guys together. They're actually getting better.

Why not?

If you don't draft him, you have no one for this year anyway.  If the defense plays they way we think it will, the team will not be drafting top 6 next year, so we won't get an uber QB prospect next year either.  So, they can draft him, wait a year or 2 and have something good.  Or they can not, and in 2 years, we'll still be looking for a QB.

And..   I still believe most QB's need to sit a year.  Yes, Andrew Luck.   Blah blah blah.   Peyton Manning 20 years ago, and he almost set the rookie interceptino record.   Russell Wilson ran a run heavy, defense heavy team.  Big Ben was supposed to sit, someone got hurt, and the Steelers ran the ball over 60% of the time.   Everyone else sat for a year or 2.

I think it would have been pretty crazy for dj to go in and trash mariota since no one really knows what to think. He gave his honest opinions and provided you with interviews so you could make up your own mind.

Keep in mind that the interviews you heard were from the same people he would have talked to as a scout because you have to talk to people who know him. He said himself that if someone wanted to say something bad about him they would have and it's happened many times before while he was interviewing people about players.

For those that don't want to listen he said he expects mariota to have a career similar to ryan tannehill and he thinks he'll eventually rank as a 10-15 qb in the league but not really a top 10 qb in he league.

Why not?

If you don't draft him, you have no one for this year anyway. If the defense plays they way we think it will, the team will not be drafting top 6 next year, so we won't get an uber QB prospect next year either. So, they can draft him, wait a year or 2 and have something good. Or they can not, and in 2 years, we'll still be looking for a QB.

And.. I still believe most QB's need to sit a year. Yes, Andrew Luck. Blah blah blah. Peyton Manning 20 years ago, and he almost set the rookie interceptino record. Russell Wilson ran a run heavy, defense heavy team. Big Ben was supposed to sit, someone got hurt, and the Steelers ran the ball over 60% of the time. Everyone else sat for a year or 2.

The idea of drafting Mariota is growing on me, honestly. Personally, I think he's a product of that system. However, I'm also a believer of drafting a QB until we have one. If we pass on Mariota, and he ends up being a franchise QB, it will set us back another decade.

I don't know where I stand on Mariota at the moment. As a lifelong Duck fan, the idea of Mariota being the Jets savior has crossed my mind. But there is the reality and it would be terrible if he turned out like Mark Sanchez. I kind of hope another team makes that decision.

Mariota is right now a system QB based on what was asked of him at Oregon. Aaron Rodgers was a system QB at Cal. Alex Smith was a system QB at Utah. Cam Newton was a system QB at Auburn. Point is almost every one of the top QB prospects in recent years comes from a spread attack. The questions that need to be asked are: Can this player physically perform to expectations at the NFL level; Does this player have the football acumen to make the adjustments necessary to transition to the pro game? From what I have seen and heard, I think Mariota can be the guy for the Jets. It may take some time, but other than Luck almost no QB has come in and destroyed the league year one. This is a project worth developing.

Mariota is right now a system QB based on what was asked of him at Oregon. Aaron Rodgers was a system QB at Cal. Alex Smith was a system QB at Utah. Cam Newton was a system QB at Auburn. Point is almost every one of the top QB prospects in recent years comes from a spread attack. The questions that need to be asked are: Can this player physically perform to expectations at the NFL level; Does this player have the football acumen to make the adjustments necessary to transition to the pro game? From what I have seen and heard, I think Mariota can be the guy for the Jets. It may take some time, but other than Luck almost no QB has come in and destroyed the league year one. This is a project worth developing.

Well said, that makes me think.

Archived