Shane Ray Foot Surgery?

flgreen

I'd still hold off at drafting Ray at 37 because I'm not sure he's going to be good anyway.  He has so little strength that his battle is over once an offensive lineman gets his hands on him.  Speed is good, and his style of pass rush would be good for our team considering it opens up space for Sheldon and Mo.  He's just not strong enough though...

One guy who was injured last season that I would ABSOLUTELY DRAFT is Ifo Ekpre Olomu from Oregon.  Kid is a star...  HIs ACL injury kept him out and everyone can have an issue with an ACL at this point.  Would take him with our 3rd round pick without a doubt.  Wouldn't hate him with our 2nd pick because I firmly believe that he'll be a pro bowler, but I'd much rather 3rd round.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/04/nfl_draft_2015_edge_rusher_prospect_shane_ray_migh.html

Not good for the kid. Turf toe doesn't sound like much, but often even with surgery, can turn arthritic and become chronic.

Has ended more then a few NFL careers

It ended Deion Sanders career. Pass on Ray. He's the best pass rusher but this is way too scary.

Ray is a 1-dimensional player.  Other than rushing the QB with his hand in the dirt, I'm not sure if he is a "plus" player in any other category.  Not a top 10 pick IMO.  Having said that, he is very good at that one thing.

It's true that after Fowler, every edge guy has concerns.  Randy Gregory's are well documented.  Vic Beasley is a little undersized to set the edge, IMO.  Ray can't play standing up.  Dupree can play in space but he may get manhandled by NFL tackles.

I do not envy Maccagnan's position trying to decide between all these edge guys with weaknesses.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/04/nfl_draft_2015_edge_rusher_prospect_shane_ray_migh.html

Not good for the kid.  Turf toe doesn't sound like much, but often even with surgery, can turn arthritic and become chronic.

Turf toe ended Eddie George's career, it just took a couple of years to become evident.

The Saints and Rob Ryan are reportedly in love with Vic Beasley. I think he's going to be available for us at 6, but I'm extremely hesitant with him.

I'd love to get the Saints 13th pick, 44th pick, and a 2016 1st rounder. I'm hoping for a receiver in the 1st round so I hope Parker will still be available.

The Saints and Rob Ryan are reportedly in love with Vic Beasley. I think he's going to be available for us at 6, but I'm extremely hesitant with him.

I'd love to get the Saints 13th pick, 44th pick, and a 2016 1st rounder. I'm hoping for a receiver in the 1st round so I hope Parker will still be available.

I would love that  too but can Beasley really be loved like that to give up all those picks??

I'd be stunned if the Saints offer anything like that for Beasley

Not good for the kid.  Turf toe doesn't sound like much, but often even with surgery, can turn arthritic and become chronic.

Turf toe is an absolute bitch it takes you completely out of your game I hope he can recover from this because if its cronic it can ruin a career

hes not getting passed the second toe or no toe.

Eh, there's so many better pass rushing and front 7 prospects:

Williams

Dupree

Beasley

Gregory

Shelton

Carl Davis

Fowler Jr.

McKinney

Armstead

Hunter

Smith