fitz= worst qb maybe ever to start for a jets team

kmnj

You can't take one 12-game stretch of Fitzpatrick's career and assume its his new normal. 

Prior to last year, Fitzpatrick had 115 TDs  (passing and rushing) and 116 turnovers (INTs and lost fumbles) in 85 career games. 

Which Ryan Fitzpatrick is the real Ryan Fitzpatrick?

For comparison purposes: Fitz in his career turns the ball over at a rate of 1.36 time per game. Sanchez is at 1.45. Geno Smith - 1.29.

The only one of the three trending in the right direction was Geno.

Fitz is not better than Smith. At best he is just as bad. 

1.36 1.29 1.45

Geno Smith has the wonderful title Worst QB in the NFL the past 2 seasons Fitz has always been a middle of the road guy with a few seasons in the 90+ passer rating category. How you compare the 2 is a mystery to me.

Fitz will be running a ball control offense with a great Running game and two big possession type WR's if he can control the ball and move the chains this can work out very good for him and US. Lets see how it plays out the first 4 games of the season. With our Defense and a ball control offense we can win a lot of games. Mixing in some timely deep passes to keep teams honest will also go a long way.

No matter what one thing Im sure of is we are in much better shape without Geno behind center.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you been a fan of another team the past half decade or so?

Two starting Jets QBs perpetrated league worst QB play for 5+ seasons and you're up in arms about Fitzgerald ... who, with 2 preseason games and less snaps than Petty, is 15-22 with no turnovers?  Hasn't even played an extended preseason game yet. Maybe pipe down?

There's going to be times in the regular season, sooner or later - hopefully later, when we as Jet fans will have to seriously critique Fitzgerald. But when you're worked into an overheated lather at this point in the preseason over acceptable play all considered, how seriously should you be taken?  Not very.    

And by the way, to date our defense is making me far more nervous than quarterback play. 

I've been a fan of the Jets since birth and it wasnt by choice.

The 2 QB's you're referring to were young and in the very least gave me some hope for a franchise QB.  Fitz does not.  He's terrible, has been terrible for a long time and he looks like he literally cant even get the ball 15 yards down field.  If Fitzgerald (you dont even know how the starting QB is) excites you, then I'm happy for you. He doesnt excite me and since this a place to share your feelings, I dont think I'll pipe down.  K?

I dont give a **** if you take me seriously but I'm seriously very depressed about having to sit through a season of Fitzpatrick not Fitzgerald. 

OMG!?!?!?! You're nervous about the defense?  Have you been fan for the past half decade or so?  The starters havent even played an extended preseason game yet.  Maybe pipe down? 

Did you just quote me a message board poll ? Really ?

I'm not saying Fitz is going to be great and I'm not saying I want Fitz to be our solution for the next 5 years but I am saying he's going to be a vast improvement over Geno ******* Smith.

. Just a few short months ago most on these forums were pushing for a journeyman slouch to avoid Geno while we draft a QB who could develop on the sidelines for the next year or 2 because Geno is a turnover machine and a terrible QB. I would love for Petty to develop at a fast pace which he seems to be showing promise.  In Fitz we got a QB who has a brain and will be asked to LIMIT the turnovers he's not a gun slinger BUT he's not terrible like Geno.

I absolutely posted a message board poll.  Seen way too many people using Fitz's stats from last season as some reason why he's a good or even decent QB.  Figured it best to show that the fans there who witnessed those great stats really, really.... really didn't like Fitz.  Read through a couple other threads about Fitz on Texans boards. 

Geno is better than Fitz.  We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

The better question is, who's better, Fitz or Petty?  Sad but I honestly can't answer that.

that's why BOTH the QB and WR stayed after practice to work on timing. Just relax man, if you think 2 or 3 weeks is enough for QB /WR to get on the same page then you have not been paying much attention to the NFL for the past 30 years. If you don't like Fitzpatrick that's fine I don't fault you for that but don't make up sh*t to push you're point

What did I make up cutie pie?  Has Fitz played in the system before?  Or has BMarsh or Decker?  He should be coaching them, not the other way around.  Or maybe you havent been paying much attention to the NFL for the past 30 years? 

You can't take one 12-game stretch of Fitzpatrick's career and assume its his new normal. 

Prior to last year, Fitzpatrick had 115 TDs  (passing and rushing) and 116 turnovers (INTs and lost fumbles) in 85 career games. 

For comparison purposes: Fitz in his career turns the ball over at a rate of 1.36 time per game. Sanchez is at 1.45. Geno Smith - 1.29.

1.36 1.29 1.45

Where do you get your stats from?? Fitz total TD's rushing and passing is 123 passing and 11 rushing =134 

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00.htm

Not comparable at all.  Until you put them in a similar situation team wise.  As soon as Sanchez had to carry any of the load as a starter here he fell on his face.  He had far better teams behind him.  Fitzpatrick is no great shakes at all, the jets are weak at QB.  I also would not take sanchez back if you gave him to me for free.

he fell on his face when he had Chaz Schilens, Stephen hill and Clyde Gates as his main weapons.  any QB not named Brady or Rodgers would.

Sanchez on this team and we are a title contender.

1.36 1.29 1.45

not to mention his #s are skewed b/c of one game where he threw 6 TDs. 

No, he hasn't. He has ONE partial season with a 90+ rating. 

He is ******* terrible. 

again that one season is a little skewed based on one great game.

in that "great" season he led team to 6-6 record, his backups were 3-1 including the only win over a playoff bound team.

Try being fair in your evaluation..<_<

No one who is totally disappointed in our current QB situation will be fair in any respect.. If any QB we got in here which we know was going to be a stop gap until our young QB developed was going to be called SUCK no matter what. Fitzpatrick does not suck he's not great either but I think some Jets fans will never be satisfied until we find great and sadly great does not come around very often.

My position has been perfectly clear. I think both Geno and Fitzpatrick are bad quarterbacks. Geno presented the only possibility for this season that was in any way potentially better than mediocre. 

They may both suck but the question is who is better. This is the question the Jets coaching staff will be facing when Geno is ready. Granted by then Fitz will have some data behind him assuming the 4-6 week estimate is accurate.

Hey guys the bottom line right now is Fitzpatrick is our QB can we at least root for him to do good for christs sake/.

nah man we got some geniuses here who want to trade for Ryan Mallet instead - the guy who can't beat out a total scrub like Brian Hoyer

What did I make up cutie pie?  Has Fitz played in the system before?  Or has BMarsh or Decker?  He should be coaching them, not the other way around.  Or maybe you havent been paying much attention to the NFL for the past 30 years? 

Im sure Fitz has taken on a teaching role . I actually saw him doing it on the sidelines with Marshall going over plays on a tablet. He stayed over after practice to get timing better with this WR ...What more exactly would you want a QB to do ? Im sure Fitz will spend more time teaching his teammates and watching film than Idiot Geno or Sanchez don't you ? Im sure he will get more respect as a leader as well. lets see how it plays out.

Ratio of TD's to Ints:

Fitz 1.22, Sanchez 1.03, Geno 0.74

Int per game ratio:

Fitz 1.04, Sanchez 1.13, Geno 1.13

Sacks per game:

Fitz 1.92, Sanchez 2.10, Geno 2.37

lost fumbles per game:

Fitz 0.25, Sanchez 0.32, Geno 0.23

Comp %

Fitz 60.2, Sanchez 56.3, Geno 57.5

QB rating

Fitz 79.5, Sanchez 74.1, Geno 71.5

Fitzpatrick has better career stats in almost every meaningful category than frick and frack.  He also played on some terrible teams with bad olines, bad defenses and as poor weapons as at times as the others.

Is Fitzpatrick some saviour we should hang our hats on?  No, he's close to being done and is very limited.  Are either Sanchez or Geno an appreciable upgrade?  No way in hell.

nah man we got some geniuses here who want to trade for Ryan Mallet instead - the guy who can't beat out a total scrub like Brian Hoyer

Just like we all did when Geno Smith was our QB right ? 

Funny thing is I happen to agree.

Ratio of TD's to Ints:

Int per game ratio:

Sacks per game:

lost fumbles per game:

Comp %

QB rating

Fitzpatrick has better career stats in almost every meaningful category than frick and frack.  He also played on some terrible teams with bad olines, bad defenses and as poor weapons as at times as the others.

Is Fitzpatrick some saviour we should hang our hats on?  No, he's close to being done and is very limited.  Are either Sanchez or Geno an appreciable upgrade?  No way in hell.

awesome, let me know when he helps a team get to postseason and win in postseason like Mark has.  this is precisely why we don't evaluate based solely on stats.

Says the guy who wants to give up Sheldon Richardson and a third rounder for a guy who was benched for Josh McCown twice. 

way to delete and edit out your mistake of saying Glennon had 10 INT's last season.

you Glennon haters just dismissed him as garbage a couple years ago and stick to an unfounded opinion in spite of never or rarely ever seeing him play

Ratio of TD's to Ints:

Int per game ratio:

Sacks per game:

lost fumbles per game:

Comp %

QB rating

I take a sh*tty 24-year-old over a sh*tty 32-year-old any day of the week. 

way to delete and edit out your mistake of saying Glennon had 10 INT's last season.

you Glennon haters just dismissed him as garbage a couple years ago and stick to an unfounded opinion in spite of never or rarely ever seeing him play

I live in Florida. The Bucs are on here every week. I've seen more of Glennon than you. He's less than nothing special. He is mediocre. If he wasn't, he'd be competing for the Bucs starting job. 

Archived