fitz= worst qb maybe ever to start for a jets team

kmnj

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jets fans the day after the draft  "they didn't draft a running back to catch passes out of the backfield or sign vereen.  this offense is gonna suck"

jets fans the day after the QB completes 3 passes to a RB "we will never win with this noodle arm pussy playing QB"

23 pages. I can't bother, but to say Fitz is our worst starter we've ever had tells me the OP must be 10 years old. I mean for **** sakes did you people forget Brooks Bollinger already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10?  I thought he was 5.

ok, i've had enough of this stupid ******* sh*t

fitz spent all ******* off season with a ******* broken leg.  he was only cleared to start ******* practicing 3 weeks ago

then when he was cleared, he was playing with the 2's. and getting no ******* reps with the 1's

the rest of the team is' learning gailey's ******* offense for the first ******* time

oh, and its ******* pre-season, where they don't gameplan,they work on situations and match-ups

fitz throws to ivory 3 times and everybody loses their ******* minds

under these circumstances, what the **** were people expecting?

ugh, we go through this every ******* summer with the ******* chicken littles

fitz spent all ******* off season with a ******* broken leg.  he was only cleared to start ******* practicing 3 weeks ago

then when he was cleared, he was playing with the 2's. and getting no ******* reps with the 1's

the rest of the team is' learning gailey's ******* offense for the first ******* time

oh, and its ******* pre-season, where they don't gameplan,they work on situations and match-ups

So you're saying?..

Anyone watching the Titans-Rams game? Mettenberger is continuing to kill it. Just made some GREAT throws.

I wanted to draft him last offseason but Idzik had to sign the dog torturer instead for $5 million.

I love how people who hate Mettenberger call him a rapist.  All he did was grab a woman's ass at a bar - that's still bad and I'm not condoning it but no way is that even close to rape.

POTW!!!

That still happens, right?

common sense is not needed in this thread. please leave

the op is still here fitz is still a terrible qb-a bottom five starter in the league-and the worst jets qb to be a starter for them-the other scrubs mentioned were not starters for opening day but fill ins-fitz for all intensive purposes will be the starter for most if not all of the season. I hope I am proven wrong but having watched Fitz his entire career I know we are getting a journeyman back up jaq

the op also bashed letting cro go and supported him every step of the way and was disgusted by how jet fans treated a loyal player that wanted to stay with team because he had a rough year while playing hurt most of the season-instead they cheered the awful draft picks by our gm and bringing in a corner that went awol on the team

the op is still here fitz is still a terrible qb-a bottom five starter in the league-and the worst jets qb to be a starter for them-the other scrubs mentioned were not starters for opening day but fill ins-fitz for all intensive purposes will be the starter for most if not all of the season. I hope I am proven wrong but having watched Fitz his entire career I know we are getting a journeyman back up jaq

the op also bashed letting cro go and supported him every step of the way and was disgusted by how jet fans treated a loyal player that wanted to stay with team because he had a rough year while playing hurt most of the season-instead they cheered the awful draft picks by our gm and bringing in a corner that went awol on the team

It's clear to me you just hate smart Irish guys.

OP ... This thread is about Fitz ... Not Cro ... Not Moe ... And not Larry or Curley either ... You should Know that, Bro!

trying to muddy the waters discussing other players or trying to get into a squabble about ... Ohhh I meant opening day starter ... Not fill-in simply keeps the spotlight on your foolishness... See Tom Brady - Deflategate

you only need to look back to 2014 opening day to be proven wrong

It's clear to me you just hate smart Irish guys.

OP ... This thread is about Fitz ... Not Cro ... Not Moe ... And not Larry or Curley either ... You should Know that, Bro!

trying to muddy the waters discussing other players or trying to get into a squabble about ... Ohhh I meant opening day starter ... Not fill-in simply keeps the spotlight on your foolishness... See Tom Brady - Deflategate

you only need to look back to 2014 opening day to be proven wrong

Fitz will be the worst qb starting for the jets-he was so terrific his last team could not wait to throw him out the door for the next scrub in line-he had andre and foster at his disposal and was terrible

guys love to have hope -the same defending fitz are the same that defended our last gm to the bitter end instead of seeing garbage for what it is-garbage

Fitz will be the worst qb starting for the jets-he was so terrific his last team could not wait to throw him out the door for the next scrub in line-he had andre and foster at his disposal and was terrible

guys love to have hope -the same defending fitz are the same that defended our last gm to the bitter end instead of seeing garbage for what it is-garbage

Fitz is average (lower end of the middle third of the NFL or upper end of the bottom third) at worst, maybe a bit better than that if you look at last year.

Geno is the worst QB in the NFL by almost any measure.

And since almost no team will continue to hand the starting job off to a player who is as historically bad as Geno has been, you can actually make the case that Geno may be the very worst QB in the history of the league to have ever started for ANY NFL team for two years.  There may have been some QBs who are worse than Geno but none of them who would ever get that many NFL starts.

Fitz is average (lower end of the middle third of the NFL or upper end of the bottom third) at worst, maybe a bit better than that if you look at last year.

And since almost no team will continue to hand the starting job off to a player who is as historically bad as Geno has been, you can actually make the case that Geno may be the very worst QB in the history of the league to have ever started for ANY NFL team for two years.  There may have been some QBs who are worse than Geno but none of them who would ever get that many NFL starts.

Upper end sounds better than lower end.  Semantics.  :)

Fitz  is a serviceable QB. 

He will probably play well enough to keep you out of the Top 5 of the draft and away from the top QBs.

Statistically, I would probably agree with you on Geno. You bring in a rookie and give him Stephen Hill and Santonio Holmes as his starting WRs, both of whom stand together at the NFL unemployment line. The following year, you upgrade it with a hurt Decker and Nelson and you have a perfect recipe for the league worst starting QB. 

The thing that needs to be pointed out is, when Geno had two good healthy WRs, he didn't play like the league worst. In fact, he played anywhere from good to great in all those weeks. 

Its not not what he has done statistically. It's what he is capable of doing with a good group of WRs a young 2nd rounder should always be provided with. Sanchez was better than Geno. He too had sh*t at WR. I'd still take Sanchez in a heartbeat over half of the NFL (I may be biased cuz my Sanchez jersey is rotting for the last 3 years!)

Statistically, I would probably agree with you on Geno. You bring in a rookie and give him Stephen Hill and Santonio Holmes as his starting WRs, both of whom stand together at the NFL unemployment line. The following year, you upgrade it with a hurt Decker and Nelson and you have a perfect recipe for the league worst starting QB. 

The thing that needs to be pointed out is, when Geno had two good healthy WRs, he didn't play like the league worst. In fact, he played anywhere from good to great in all those weeks. 

Its not not what he has done statistically. It's what he is capable of doing with a good group of WRs a young 2nd rounder should always be provided with. Sanchez was better than Geno. He too had sh*t at WR. I'd still take Sanchez in a heartbeat over half of the NFL (I may be biased cuz my Sanchez jersey is rotting for the last 3 years!)

Sorry but the turnovers were not simply the result of indifferent receiving corpse.  Geno was just choosing the wrong guys to throw towards (mental game) and he was very inaccurate once he has made a decision about where to go with the ball (physical game),

All of this sounds like the same kinds of desperate reaching for reasons (excuses) that supporters of Vernon Gholston were using in years two and three of his career.  With Gholston it was a DC who was trying to make him look bad, it was Gholston playing out of position, it was changes to the defensive schemes or, <fill in the blank excuse>.  The excuses were nearly endless.  It was never the fact that Vernon Gholston sucked as a player no matter who the DC was or what scheme was currently in use.  Of course it became clear eventually that Gholston sucked because he sucked and not for any other reason.

Geno is not going to make better reads of defenses, nor is he going to suddenly be more careful with the ball unless he gets put into exactly the same kind of cocoon that we put Mark Sanchez into for two years.

In terms of this thread it means that even as a serviceable albeit pedestrian QB, Ryan Fitzpatrick is orders of magnitude (yes I know what that means)  better than Geno Smith IMO.  Unless the plan is to get a top-5 pick next year then Fitz is clearly the better choice. If the plan is to get a top-5 pick then that is a different discussion altogether.

Archived