fitz= worst qb maybe ever to start for a jets team

kmnj

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

team finally has a leathal tandem in place much like a walker toon combo I enjoyed watching and we have a guy that cant throw the ball and has no heart out there

start the petty watch

the fitz defenders probably loved our last gm too-"give him time it is early"

We have the worst starting qb in the league-I would much rather have McCown and that is very telling

Fitz had Foster and Andre and a great defense-could not get anything done there on offense

on the plus side I think Petty has some skills and think it is only a matter of time before Fitz gets hurt or quits due to his poor perfomance

We had the worst starting QB in the league last year, his jaw got broken so now the back up is in.  All of 2 weeks(?) with the 1's.  Give it a minute, see what happens.

Fitz was obviously on a specific game plan to test the short game. No doubt linked to easing him in both from a transition perspective and recovery from leg injury. Ir was no fun to watch, but I doubt Bowles cares about that. Good thing was seeing Ivory catching passes out of the backfield.

C'mon man, no need to bring logic into this. When someone wants to cry just join in to the hissy fit...like this;

Fitz SUUUUUUUUUCKS! WTF!!!!!!

Geno  Smith is the most hated QB to have ever worn the Jets Uniform. The kid is so hated, that this miserable Fan base is trying to make a scrub appear to be a savior. I ask myself this question, and laugh when I think about what would be written on this board if Geno Smith put up the putrid stats Fitzpatrick has put up in the 1st 2 preseason Games.

I understand why the Beard looks like he does, and am willing to ignore his performances.  How come nobody is willing to understand why a kid from a spread offense forced into a starting NFL QB role has struggled.

With the Jets it's always something. 

You really think O'Brien couldn't beat the Chiefs? I was at that game, the Jets would have beaten the Chiefs with you at QB. 

Had Kenny started it would have been a blood bath. 

did you see O'Brien late in 1986 then in the Browns playoff game?  I don't think there is any way we beat KC in the WC rd if Ken is starting.  we had lost 5 straight to choke away the division, the Ryan move gave the team a jolt of energy then Ryan actually played well.

last 5 games:

at 8-8 Miami: led O to 3 pts.  26th in pts allowed

vs. 10-6 LA Rams led O to 3 pts. 4th in PA

at 10-5-1 SF led O to 10 pts. 3rd in PA

vs. 6-10 Pitt led O to 17 pts. 17th in PA

at 10-6 Cincy led O to 14 pts. 23rd in PA

5 games, led O to an average of 9 PPG against D's that averaged 15 in PA.  KC was 10-6, was 13th in PA.  Ryan led O to 28 pts.

How was Kenny O overrated? Because he was drafted ahead of Marino?

Well yeah that sucked, but who KNEW what either QB would turn out accomplishing in their careers at the time of the draft. Maybe if the O-line could've protected Ken a bit more, the outcome could've been better.

Jet fans act like ken was great though if he played today he would be booed and bashed weekly.  ken was really good for about a year and half then it began to fall apart, the man was never part of a playoff win w/ some really talented teams in a weak AFC and his OLs were fine, it was more about Ken holding on the ball looking for the big play every play and having stone feet.

After calling Sanchez a top 10 QB, now you're calling KO overrated? :wacko:

mark was a top 10 QB in 2010 and Mark helped us win 4 road playoff games, ken never helped us win a single playoff game.

did you see O'Brien late in 1986 then in the Browns playoff game?  I don't think there is any way we beat KC in the WC rd if Ken is starting.  we had lost 5 straight to choke away the division, the Ryan move gave the team a jolt of energy then Ryan actually played well.

last 5 games:

at 8-8 Miami: led O to 3 pts.  26th in pts allowed

vs. 10-6 LA Rams led O to 3 pts. 4th in PA

at 10-5-1 SF led O to 10 pts. 3rd in PA

vs. 6-10 Pitt led O to 17 pts. 17th in PA

at 10-6 Cincy led O to 14 pts. 23rd in PA

5 games, led O to an average of 9 PPG against D's that averaged 15 in PA.  KC was 10-6, was 13th in PA.  Ryan led O to 28 pts.

Jet fans act like ken was great though if he played today he would be booed and bashed weekly.  ken was really good for about a year and half then it began to fall apart, the man was never part of a playoff win w/ some really talented teams in a weak AFC.

mark was a top 10 QB in 2010 and Mark helped us win 4 road playoff games, ken never helped us win a single playoff game.

Instead of giving me the stats and scores and the the ridiculous idea that Kenny couldn't beat any team that Ryan could.  You leave out that Kenny won 10 games that year and that the incompetent Walton panicked when they lost and led them into a free fall.  Obrien would have no problem beating that KC team and if not for Waltons bad coaching and bad luck would have beaten the much, much better and tougher Cleveland team in Cleveland.

Kenny was much, much, much better than Sanchez ever was.

Instead of giving me the stats and scores and the the ridiculous idea that Kenny couldn't beat any team that Ryan could.  You leave out that Kenny won 10 games that year and that the incompetent Walton panicked when they lost and led them into a free fall.  Obrien would have no problem beating that KC team and if not for Waltons bad coaching and bad luck would have beaten the much, much better and tougher Cleveland team in Cleveland.

Kenny was much, much, much better than Sanchez ever was.

actually he won 8 games as a starter in the regular season.  he was 8-6 as a starter in reg season, Ryan was 2-0.

and did you see what he did down the stretch in those final 5 games? he was great earlier in the year but that guy was gone by the time postseason rolled around and we'd never see that version of him again on a consistent basis.

Walton panicked?  I would hope he'd panic when a team goes from 10-1 to barely getting a WC.  NE was trailing us by 2 games w/ 5 to play.  NE lost 2 of those 5 games and STILL won the division.  yeah it was time to panic.

why would O'Brien have no problem w/ 10-6 KC when he had major problems w/ 8-8 Miami and 6-10 Pittsburgh?

Kenny put up better #s, Sanchez could play w/ the bright lights on.  despite playing in a much tougher era for AFC football w/ less talent around him he helped his team make 2 title games.  Ken inherited a team that was a year removed from an AFC title game and never got them close to one again.

IMHO the 45-3 beating he took from Miami broke Ken.  He was shell-shocked after that; in fact, that beat broke the whole team.

Was Mark better than Ken?  Who knows; they played in different times, Mark had a better team, Ken had better receivers; either way, does it matter at this point?

BTW, didn't Vick start a game last year for us?  How did that work out?  Mark was benched one game, no?  Who played for him? Sorry, but last year and the year before are just a faded blur at this point.

Didn't Clemmens start one game during our first year with Sanchez/Ryan? Sanchez hurt his knee or something.  How did he play?

Kenny O = overrated.  Mark Sanchez = just peachy.   The things I learned today...

Kenny is treated like he was great, mark is treated like he was the worst player in NFL history.  Kenny, despite more talent around him in a weak era of AFC football, never won a single playoff game in his entire career.  mark helped his team win 4 and is the only QB in Jets history that played in 2 title games for the Jets.

I hope you did learn.

Let's look at the 83 QBs in order from best to worst

• John Elway
  • Dan Marino (could be flip flopped with Kelly)
  • Jim Kelly (Did not play until 1987)
  • Ken O'Brien
  • Tony Eason
  • Todd Blackledge

2 of the ones higher were drafted before the Jets picked. And that leaves Marino.

I think Marino can be flip flopped w/ Elway not Kelly.  Kelly was nowhere near Marino. 

Eason did help NE reach a SB, that's more than Ken ever did so you have to flip flop those 2.

IMHO the 45-3 beating he took from Miami broke Ken.  He was shell-shocked after that; in fact, that beat broke the whole team.

Was Mark better than Ken?  Who knows; they played in different times, Mark had a better team, Ken had better receivers; either way, does it matter at this point?

BTW, didn't Vick start a game last year for us?  How did that work out?  Mark was benched one game, no?  Who played for him? Sorry, but last year and the year before are just a faded blur at this point.

Didn't Clemmens start one game during our first year with Sanchez/Ryan? Sanchez hurt his knee or something.  How did he play?

Mark didn't have a better team, when comparing era and conference Kenny had the better team around him plus no dynasty team in the division to make the div title impossible to win.

Vick did start, McElroy started a game, Clemens started a bunch in 2007(and 1 in 2009 when Mark was hurt).  we have had some bad QB seasons. 

Kenny is treated like he was great, mark is treated like he was the worst player in NFL history.  Kenny, despite more talent around him in a weak era of AFC football, never won a single playoff game in his entire career.  mark helped his team win 4 and is the only QB in Jets history that played in 2 title games for the Jets.

I hope you did learn.

Yep.  Learned that astrophysics isn't science, degrees don't matter and Sanchez was better than Kenny 0.  Facts

I think Marino can be flip flopped w/ Elway not Kelly.  Kelly was nowhere near Marino. 

Eason did help NE reach a SB, that's more than Ken ever did so you have to flip flop those 2.

Mark didn't have a better team, when comparing era and conference Kenny had the better team around him plus no dynasty team in the division to make the div title impossible to win.

Vick did start, McElroy started a game, Clemens started a bunch in 2007(and 1 in 2009 when Mark was hurt).  we have had some bad QB seasons. 

I think Mark had a better O-line, running game and overall those to AFC championship teams were pretty well stacked.  Yes, he also had to compete with a much better Pats team, but wasn't really talking about competition.

Certainly, Mark had more success with weaker receivers, but Ken gave us the 51-45 shoot out win against Miami - what a great game; Mark gave us the Playoff win against the Pats, a better win (and more important) for sure, but not nearly as exciting and Ken put that game on his shoulders; the fact the Jet's D couldn't slow down Miami might help make my case for Mark's better team (at least on D).

Either way; some great memories from the Jets.

I think Mark had a better O-line, running game and overall those to AFC championship teams were pretty well stacked.  Yes, he also had to compete with a much better Pats team, but wasn't really talking about competition.

Certainly, Mark had more success with weaker receivers, but Ken gave us the 51-45 shoot out win against Miami - what a great game; Mark gave us the Playoff win against the Pats, a better win (and more important) for sure, but not nearly as exciting and Ken put that game on his shoulders; the fact the Jet's D couldn't slow down Miami might help make my case for Mark's better team (at least on D).

Either way; some great memories from the Jets.

better OL yes, run games were comparable(Freeman was best RB on either team), mid 80s had better weapons to throw to and again a weaker AFC.

Ken was more exciting, he had a great arm and threw a beautiful deep ball but the man melted in big games.

Ken was one of my favorite players as a kid but I still have to talk about him realistically.  jet fans tend to overrated him and underrate Mark.

Nope. His horrific Super Bowl negates that. The worst Super Bowl performance of ALL TIME.

Nope. His horrific Super Bowl negates that. The worst Super Bowl performance of ALL TIME.

he helped his team reach a SB and then they lost to maybe the best team of all time.  I will not bash him for that.  Ken never helped us win a single playoff game.

he helped his team reach a SB and then they lost to maybe the best team of all time.  I will not bash him for that.  Ken never helped us win a single playoff game.

You think Eason is better than OBrien?  You watched him play football?  Talk about a weak arm.  Because his team took him to a SB?  So any number of horrible QBs with SB wins are better than Marino?  

Grogan only played in the SB so not sure how he was the real QB when eason started and helped them win the 3 AFC playoff games to get to the SB.

Interesting note.  Eason in 5 playoff starts threw 7 TDs and ZERO INTs. O'Brien in 3 playoff starts never had a positive TD to INT ratio.

I do that b/c if I wrote he "led" them then people get upset as if I was saying he carried them.

they had similar careers minus the playoff success.

they had similar talented teams, one was able to get his to a SB and the other never one a playoff game.  what does that have to do w/ Dan marino?  did Dan never win a playoff game?

Interesting note.  Eason in 5 playoff starts threw 7 TDs and ZERO INTs. O'Brien in 3 playoff starts never had a positive TD to INT ratio.

they had similar talented teams, one was able to get his to a SB and the other never one a playoff game.  what does that have to do w/ Dan marino?  did Dan never win a playoff game?

So you are basing your entire opinion of those two QB on 8 football games?

So you are basing your entire opinion of those two QB on 8 football games?

they had similar mediocre careers in the reg season, yes I'd give an edge to a guy who helped his team reach a SB(one that was probably less talented than the Jets) over a guy who never won a single playoff game.

they had similar mediocre careers in the reg season, yes I'd give an edge to a guy who helped his team reach a SB(one that was probably less talented than the Jets) over a guy who never won a single playoff game.

No, they absolutely did not. 

Kenny O'Brien was significantly better than Tony Eason. Blind people could see that. 

Bubbly Brister ('95) and Kliff Kingsbury ('05) were pretty spectacularly brutal for the Jets.

I had faith in Bubby as a backup until the original "butt fumble" against Carolina and my favorite Panther Sam Mills occurred. Fitzy is GREAT QB insurance, as I had thought Bubby was at the time, but hopefully Fitzy actually pans out to be a serviceable offensive conductor on the field.

Kenny was significantly more talented. he did not have a significantly better career.

Ummm, yeah... he did. 

He was a starter in the league twice as long, went to a couple of Pro-Bowls, threw more than twice as many TD passes. More than twice as many yards.

Kenny once had a 96.2 passer rating for a season in which he was sacked 62 times.

Kenny was so much better in fact that Eason finished his career as Kenny's backup.

I don't think you watch a lot of football. 

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OBriKe00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EasoTo00.htm

Archived