fitz= worst qb maybe ever to start for a jets team

kmnj

2)  Because he was the incumbent starter.  Also, why are they picking Fitz over geno now?

If the jets weer as committed to Geno as some people seem to think then the info we would be geting is 'Geno is our guy as soon as he is healthy he is the starter.'

In the end we are all arguing somewhat moot points because neither one of these guys is particularly good and the Qb that will do something with this team long term is either Petty if we are lucky or some guy not on the roster.

Geno can't play, that is why Fitz is playing.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, b/c Sanchez has never had to deal w/ late hits or illegal hits.  The OLs are bigger, faster, stronger too but the difference in athletes on D is much greater from that era to today than on the OL.

Bruce Smith was a rookie in 1985 which was O'Brien's best season.  by the time Bruce was one of the best in the game O'Brien's best days were behind him already.

the bottom line is Ken in his era could not win a playoff game w/ more talent around him in a weaker AFC and w/o an elite team in the division.  Ken could get WC home games, mark was unable to and yet mark still helped us win 4 playoff games and Ken helped us win zero.

Have no clue what youre talking about here.  Youre wrong on every level.  You don't know the players, you don't the division, you don't know the rules and you dont know the game .  You love Sanchez though and thats not good

Just who the hell declared the bolded part?  This whole season was premised on hoping a guy who was the worst starter two years running could suddenly become good and so the team broke the bank on both sides of the ball just to see if Geno could 'be the guy?'

The GM and the HC who anointed him the unchallenged starter. 

O'Brien vs Sanchez vs Geno vs Fitzpatrick.....

This whole thread is like an argument over which is more impressive, getting a handjob from your cousin or a BJ from your sister....in the end neither side winds up being a winner 

That's easy! BJ trumps HJ every time..... although my cousin is better looking than my sister and more my type....

The GM and the HC who anointed him the unchallenged starter. 

You just worded it 'properly' for them and added the 'committed' part right?

And the moment Geno went down they said it is Fitz's job to keep if he plays well.  That's commitment for ya.

Being committed and after getting punched not being committed is not logical and not believable, especially when in most cases starters, even if they suck hard are given the job far longer than they should have it.  They sure as hell were not committed if one incident suddenly changed it all.

The punch knocked Geno out for the first month of the season. Hard to remain committed to a guy who can't play. Bowles, very disappointed in Geno's role in getting his own jaw broken, is making it known that Geno will have to earn the job from here on out. Perfectly logical, believable, and true. 

You just worded it 'properly' for them and added the 'committed' part right?

And the moment Geno went down they said it is Fitz's job to keep if he plays well.  That's commitment for ya.

This is a ridiculous argument. Geno was chosen to be the starter prior to his jaw being broken. The only reason Fitz was elevated to starter is because Geno's jaw was broken. 

If Geno were a young pro-bowler and this happened, Fitz would simply be holding down the fort. Since Geno doesn't have a great track record it only makes sense to let Fitz play himself out of the job. 

I have confidence in Fitz though. I think Geno will be starting the second he's available. 

This is a ridiculous argument. Geno was chosen to be the starter prior to his jaw being broken. The only reason Fitz was elevated to starter is because Geno's jaw was broken. 

If Geno were a young pro-bowler and this happened, Fitz would simply be holding down the fort. Since Geno doesn't have a great track record it only makes sense to let Fitz play himself out of the job. 

I have confidence in Fitz though. I think Geno will be starting the second he's available. 

Unless the team is doing well per Todd Bowles..

Have no clue what youre talking about here.  Youre wrong on every level.  You don't know the players, you don't the division, you don't know the rules and you dont know the game .  You love Sanchez though and thats not good

just b/c you have nothing doesn't mean you have to come after me. I know exactly what I am talking about, I apologize that you don't like the reality of the situation.

I did like Mark, I appreciate all players who a)play for my team and try to win and b)win as much as he did.  I have been alive for 4 AFC Championship Games, mark was QVB for 2 of them and got us closer to a SB than at any time since SB III so I have an appreciation for that.

just b/c you have nothing doesn't mean you have to come after me. I know exactly what I am talking about, I apologize that you don't like the reality of the situation.

I did like Mark, I appreciate all players who a)play for my team and try to win and b)win as much as he did.  I have been alive for 4 AFC Championship Games, mark was QVB for 2 of them and got us closer to a SB than at any time since SB III so I have an appreciation for that.

I'm not coming after you.  But you're telling be some really silly shlt.  Kenny OBrien wouldn't last, he never scored more than 10, he had better teams in a weaker division than Sanchez, the running game is meaningless, ignoring the rule changes, etc, etc.  Its a waste of time.  done

The punch knocked Geno out for the first month of the season. Hard to remain committed to a guy who can't play. Bowles, very disappointed in Geno's role in getting his own jaw broken, is making it known that Geno will have to earn the job from here on out. Perfectly logical, believable, and true. 

Bowles basically said it was Genos job and when asked what if Fitz and the team are playing well and he said well if theyre 4, 5, 6, 7-0 yeah, hes the QB. Not quite Geno has to earn it back.  

Geno, while bad through the first 2 years, is still unknown  

I'd say he's quite known as an awful guy to have as our quarterback. Forget, momentarily, his crappy play and consider first there were many, many red flags re: character before the inevitable incident (IK's KO punch).  And since then Geno already disregarded his coach and was wearing eyeblack and throwing the ball around for all to take pictures of him.  

You really think a guy like this can go from underperformer to a superbowl contending quarterback just because he has a new, improved WR or two to throw to?   If there are a combination of WRs that can make even a middling QB into something special (and I really don't think the game works that way) the Jets don't have them.

And a serious LOL with Geno's wonderful play turning this team into a 10-game winner. Maybe 4-12 didn't happen and was just some kind of mirage.  

2)  Because he was the incumbent starter.  Also, why are they picking Fitz over geno now?

If the jets weer as committed to Geno as some people seem to think then the info we would be geting is 'Geno is our guy as soon as he is healthy he is the starter.'

In the end we are all arguing somewhat moot points because neither one of these guys is particularly good and the Qb that will do something with this team long term is either Petty if we are lucky or some guy not on the roster.

1) The coaching staff disagreed with you. I want to remind you of that one you ignored. 

2) But if Fitz is better then why not go with him?  Just because Geno was a terrible incumbent?  No.  And they're not picking Fitz, they're stuck with him because their choice is injured.

Sure, its a moot point because they all suck but this theory that they were always going with Fitz has popped up recently and its completely and utterly false.  Geno was the starter till he got injured.  Period. 

1) The coaching staff disagreed with you.

2) Then why did the coaching staff pick Geno over Fitz?

Because of the circumstances, it was the right call. Geno being 100% healthy (no broken leg to heal from) and existing Jets starter gets the first team reps into pre-season. They did not say Geno is starting QB for 2015 season - they said first string is his job to lose into training camp and beyond. The staff left more than enough wiggle room to do whatever they pleased.  

I'm not coming after you.  But you're telling be some really silly shlt.  Kenny OBrien wouldn't last, he never scored more than 10, he had better teams in a weaker division than Sanchez, the running game is meaningless, ignoring the rule changes, etc, etc.  Its a waste of time.  done

nothing personal, we all have our opinions and this stuff is all in fun.

Ken and his stone feet would get killed in today's game.

I was talking about postseason games he started, the most points he led an O to was 10 at Hou in the 1991 WC game.  it is true he led an O to 13 pts in relief at Cle BUT that was in FIVE qtrs. of play and again the lone TD was after an INT where Freeman ran 25 yds for the TD on the first play so really he led the O to 6 pts.

the run game is not meaningless but ken had an excellent run game w/ better backs.  mark had a good run game that is vastly overrated by those that just look at rankings.

it's hard to compare players from different eras, what we know is Ken never helped his team win a single playoff game despite inheriting a young, talented team that made the AFC Championship game a few months before he was drafted. 

the reality is all this stuff we discuss on here is a waste of time but we might as well have fun with it.

I'd say he's quite known as an awful guy to have as our quarterback. Forget, momentarily, his crappy play and consider first there were many, many red flags re: character before the inevitable incident (IK's KO punch).  And since then Geno already disregarded his coach and was wearing eyeblack and throwing the ball around for all to take pictures of him.  

You really think a guy like this can go from underperformer to a superbowl contending quarterback just because he has a new, improved WR or two to throw to?   If there are a combination of WRs that can make even a middling QB into something special (and I really don't think the game works that way) the Jets don't have them.

And a serious LOL with Geno's wonderful play turning this team into a 10-game winner. Maybe 4-12 didn't happen and was just some kind of mirage.  

where did I mention SB contending QB?  I think the ceiling is higher for Geno but the floor is also lower. 

let's not pretend 4-12 was all geno's fault, that was an incredibly flawed team set up for failure from the start.

I was talking about postseason games he started, the most points he led an O to was 10 at Hou in the 1991 WC game.  it is true he led an O to 13 pts in relief at Cle BUT that was in FIVE qtrs. of play and again the lone TD was after an INT where Freeman ran 25 yds for the TD on the first play so really he led the O to 6 pts.

the run game is not meaningless but ken had an excellent run game w/ better backs.  mark had a good run game that is vastly overrated by those that just look at rankings.

it's hard to compare players from different eras, what we know is Ken never helped his team win a single playoff game despite inheriting a young, talented team that made the AFC Championship game a few months before he was drafted. 

the reality is all this stuff we discuss on here is a waste of time but we might as well have fun with it.

On this we do agree, I love the back and forth.  And always remember I never, ever take it personal and don't ever mean it to be

Because of the circumstances, it was the right call. Geno being 100% healthy (no broken leg to heal from) and existing Jets starter gets the first team reps into pre-season. They did not say Geno is starting QB for 2015 season - they said first string is his job to lose into training camp and beyond. The staff left more than enough wiggle room to do whatever they pleased.  

Gailey technically did call him the starter and Bowles had to play damage control.  And the bold, is also technically calling him the starter.  lmfao.  I'm taking crazy pills or something because this is just a bizarro world conversation. 

I'm going to duck out of this conversation because I'm so confused at this point.  The coaching staff chose Geno.  Geno got injured.  Now the coaching staff is stuck with Fitzpatrick.  This is all fact but for some reason today its not.  Strange. 

Go Jets! 

The only thing you can point out is that I called Fitzpatrick "Fitzgerald", an Irish error of which I don't give a fitz****.  

Other than that, I stress two things:

1) Fitz > Geno - when picking between a proven journeyman vs a proven disaster, you select the journeyman. Every. Time.  

2) Neither I nor any one here I notice seems particularly excited by Fitz's very presence. He is, again, a journeyman who represents the best the Jets could do. And if he plays okay, non-disastrous football then that will be tapping into an "upside" that Geno is a stranger to.

Continuing with Geno, even pre-Knockout, would be an exercise in stupidity. 

Everyone, coaches, ex coaches, ex players and reporters all have commented that Geno was blowing away Fitz in their little competition at camp.  When Geno was popped the first thing reported was how badly Fitz was outplayed.  No matter how much this pisses you off its what happened.  If that makes us blind, stupid Geno fans in your eyes, fine.  In reality it just makes us realists who can at least hope he takes another step forward.  Until theres a better alternative calling people stupid is...stupid

Gailey technically did call him the starter and Bowles had to play damage control.  And the bold, is also technically calling him the starter.  lmfao.  I'm taking crazy pills or something because this is just a bizarro world conversation. 

I'm going to duck out of this conversation because I'm so confused at this point.  The coaching staff chose Geno.  Geno got injured.  Now the coaching staff is stuck with Fitzpatrick.  This is all fact but for some reason today its not.  Strange. 

Go Jets! 

When Geno gets back he doesn't autocratically get the starters job back. That is the point.  People are insisting that Geno was the guy and the team was committed to him.  If they were committed to him he would be coming back as the starter.  Nothing strange about that at all. 

When Geno gets back he doesn't autocratically get the starters job back. That is the point.  People are insisting that Geno was the guy and the team was committed to him.  If they were committed to him he would be coming back as the starter.  Nothing strange about that at all. 

Except that is what Bowles said.  Unless Fitz is lighting it up.  Which of course is the case with anyone.  

Totally disagree with a couple of your points.

First,  Ken O'Brien might actually excel in this era of football. With all of the rule changes that have come out to help the offenses an accurate passer like O'Brien could have excelled. 

Also, O'Brien's poor playoff record has many factors besides the QB's play.

Those Joe Walton teams that O'Brien went into the playoffs with in the 80's were decimated by injuries on the offensive and defensive lines each time. The team hobbled into the playoffs and you can't blame that on the QB.

Geno was the chosen beginning starter. Bowled hedged his wording at every opportunity when speaking about Geno. He was going to get the nod to start the season because there is still the outside change he could do a complete 180 and go from worst QB in the league to a serviceable starter. The chances of keeping his job more than 4 or 5 games was incredibly slim. 

Totally disagree with a couple of your points.

First,  Ken O'Brien might actually excel in this era of football. With all of the rule changes that have come out to help the offenses an accurate passer like O'Brien could have excelled. 

Also, O'Brien's poor playoff record has many factors besides the QB's play.

Those Joe Walton teams that O'Brien went into the playoffs with in the 80's were decimated by injuries on the offensive and defensive lines each time. The team hobbled into the playoffs and you can't blame that on the QB.

Except Pat Ryan won a playoff game..

O'Brien was hurt going into that game and it was the friggen Chiefs, anyway, TX's grandmother could have QB'ed us to a win in that game...

Kenny supporters always blame the O-line etc Go watch videos where QB's move in the pocket Kenny couldn't move the D always knew were he would be and could find him blindfolded..LOL 

Kenny supporters always blame the O-line etc Go watch videos where QB's move in the pocket Kenny couldn't move the D always knew were he would be and could find him blindfolded..LOL 

Don't need to watch the tapes, I remember it like it was yesterday.

I'm not an O'Brien supporter, didn't like him either...Just stating the facts, half the damn team got hurt in the second half of that season, including O'Brien

Archived