IMHO this is the worst week of sports radio

drsamuel84

A little off topic but it is the offseason.  I wanted to get other peoples opinions who are daily sports radio listeners like myself what their thoughts are on Super Bowl week.  To me, it's just boring and all you get is radio shows interviewing every ex player who's being paid to come on and talk for 15 minutes and endorse some product they're being paid for.  Some interviews are interesting but for the most part it's just boring radio.  Francesca could be a pompous a-hole but he hasn't gone out to the Super Bowl the last few years and I think his show is better for it.

Hockey and basketball aren't my sports. This is the worst possible time for me in general.  

I hate March madness time..it's the absolute worst for me.  couldn't care less about amateur basketball and it dominates the airwaves.  At least there's some football conversation right now.

Last week of May and first week of June is pretty horrible.   Just boring ass baseball... and a totally meaningless time of year too for baseball anyway.    NHL Playoffs are fun but only local markets discuss hockey.

Luckily this summer there are major international futbol tournaments.  Copa America on U.S. soil and Euro '16.

Luckily this summer there are major international futbol tournaments.  Copa America on U.S. soil and Euro '16.

Yep.  Shows just how little people here care about soccer though.  Copa America is like a Western Hemisphere World Cup, that WE are hosting, and no one knows or cares about it.

I hate March madness time..it's the absolute worst for me.  couldn't care less about amateur basketball and it dominates the airwaves.  At least there's some football conversation right now.

March Madness is the worst. I got zero interest in it and all my colleagues go crazy about brackets. I am desperately waiting for free agency to start.

I listened to Boomer and Carton for the first time in years this morning - caught them at the perfect time. They were making fun of Francesa and his love for snow blowing...Everything Francesa is so gd funny, he's just the best.

Francesacon 3 for you?

Usually when radio shows are on site somewhere there bad to begin with.  Sounds off, you hear the crowd in the background but then you factor in Super Bowl week and you have that plus a week of ex players that no one really cares about getting interviewed all so they can sell some product their promoting.

Archived