Breno Giacomini ~ ~ ~

kelly

A look at the winners and losers from the New York Jets' draft :

WINNERS

1. Breno Giacomini -- He might have been out of a job if the Jets had picked an offensive tackle in the first round. Oh, they tried. They had such a strong conviction about Laremy Tunsil, one of the highest-rated players on their board, that they tried to trade up for him during his controversial free-fall, as the New York Daily News reported. Apparently, the Jets weren't bothered by the video that surfaced on social media at the start of the draft. Previously, they traded for Ryan Clady to play left tackle, guaranteeing $1.5 million of his salary, so they probably would've started Tunsil at right tackle, Giacomini's spot. His $5 million salary isn't guaranteed, so he would've been in serious danger. They drafted tackle Brandon Shell in the fifth, but he's not an immediate threat to Giacomini.

rest of above article : 

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/60183/breno-giacomini-benefits-from-jets-failed-attempt-to-draft-laremy-tunsil

Come June, Breno is going to start sweeting . By then, the Jets will have a better idea if Qvale can handle the RT position full time . That's when I expect thing to heat up with Fitzpatrick if he's still in our plans . 

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Come June, Breno is going to start sweeting . By then, the Jets will have a better idea if Qvale can handle the RT position full time . That's when I expect thing to heat up with Fitzpatrick if he's still in our plans . 

Amazing with all the lineman we've brought in & drafted we can't find someone to take Brenos place. Breno does one thing great...pushing guys around after the play is over teetering on a PF call. 

• 2 months later...

@Connor_J_Hughes do you think breno will be starting RT? Or qvale or someone else?

HUGHES: Breno Giacomini did not have a good year a season ago. Most people know that, and it’s the reason so many wanted him cut/replaced entering 2016.

But guess what ? Breno knows that, too. He’s seen the film; he knows his struggles. More importantly, he knows the Jets were just a handful of draft spots away from taking his replacement (Laremy Tunsill) in the first round.

Nothing motivates a player more than hearing criticism and knowing his job was nearly someone else’s. Call me crazy, but I think Giacomini will not only start, but have a big bounce-back year. Call it a hunch.

>     http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2016/07/10/mailbag-will-revis-switch-to-safety-is-fitzpatrick-worth-the-drama/

breno never had a year to "bounce back" from. I remember when idzik signed him, I was telling folks here that breno was a bum. I was told I didn't know what I was talking about. their ammunition was that breno came from the seattle seahawks. how could he possibly be a bum? just impossible

It would be nice if one of these young guys we drafted last couple of years mid range could step up and replace him -maybe one of these developmental projects will work out but not counting on it

3 hours ago, faba said:

It would be nice if one of these young guys we drafted last couple of years mid range could step up and replace him -maybe one of these developmental projects will work out but not counting on it

Agree. Why do we require a 1st round draft pick - actually more than that, since we were trying to trade up nearly 10 slots - to displace Breno Giacomini, scheduled to collect some $5M this year, coming off a down year even for Breno Giacomini?  

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Agree. Why do we require a 1st round draft pick - actually more than that, since we were trying to trade up nearly 10 slots - to displace Breno Giacomini, scheduled to collect some $5M this year, coming off a down year even for Breno Giacomini?  

Our passing scheme was and is predicated on getting rid of the ball fast make quick decisions- this helps the O/L . Lets eee one of these guys like Qvale take the job

Archived