Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

2 hours ago, D P R said:

You know, I've been analyzing your tendency toward anger, your approval of violence and salty language, and if we can get the beer thing worked out, you'd make an excellent pirate.

No pls no pirate language

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I see good logic in this. King should post some kind of goofy continium thing clearly stating his top 3.  Then let the villagers toss them around.  This helps provide info about the king.  A census with scum in the mix without the accountability of reaching a lynch by consilidation and trains is pretty futile.  Looking for contridictions i in voting in voting and language is the only thing that gives clues.

Yeah, its by far the best way to go...but nooooooooooo lets follow 80 because he has sound logic. 

2 hours ago, Hallia said:

Here's how it went 

Calder -Hally isn't obvtown and that makes her scum!

Hally:What about this one game this just happened where I was town and mislynched D1?

Calder: I dunno, I wasn't in it, what game?

Hally: Uh...the one you're spectating?

Calder: well I wasssss, but I'm not anymore.

Convenient, eh?

This argument sucks and I wish it would stop

27 minutes ago, D P R said:

You do understand that this is still mafia, right? The setup has been altered to provide more distraction, but it's the same game. Putting the focus on watching the "king" just makes it easier for scum to evade notice.

If you give us choices then it "forces" people to take a real stance on one another.  At least it gives us a read on one another.  Might not matter Day 1 but as the game go's on a pattern should emerge.  Especially when a new king is elected. This set up makes it too easy for inactives to sit on a player and do nothing. Not being forced to consolidate votes changes the game drastically.  Give your top 3 or 5 and force people to make a stance so we have it on record. 

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No reason we can't force the king to provide rationale AND simultaneously play some regular Mafia.  That's the crux of the problem I have with that school of thought.  There's a lot of things we can do to get the most out of a day.  People who are just sitting back and looking only at what DPR has to say are either scum or lazy town and its not helpful.

^^

what have I come to??

4 minutes ago, Hallia said:

No, it doesn't bother me Nynners, and I will take that.  You know, putting your hands on my chest will help you tell of I'm telling the truth 

She's being dirty. She knows I can't handle her flirting LOL   omg

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If you give us choices then it "forces" people to take a real stance on one another.  At least it gives us a read on one another.  Might not matter Day 1 but as the game go's on a pattern should emerge.  Especially when a new king is elected. This set up makes it too easy for inactives to sit on a player and do nothing. Not being forced to consolidate votes changes the game drastically.  Give your top 3 or 5 and force people to make a stance so we have it on record. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Fine. Give your top three and make people pick among them before you do. OK?  Thanks!

I did, earlier, as I pointed out JiF.  I gave my reads for the record, just like everyone should.

The rest of this argument is moot - I can't make people play. I can only give the people who are playing the chance to put themselves on record.

Because this is mafia.

5 minutes ago, D P R said:

I did, earlier, as I pointed out JiF.  I gave my reads for the record, just like everyone should.

The rest of this argument is moot - I can't make people play. I can only give the people who are playing the chance to put themselves on record.

Because this is mafia.

So it didnt change since then?  Without being able to actually force people to consolidate and make a "real" choice to achieve a lynch the king offering up possibles narrows down the field a little and at least gives people a chance to see what each person thinks.  Without anything just too big a field to vote traditionally because once again nobody is really forced to consolidate or hammer.

2 minutes ago, D P R said:

Because this is mafia.

You just completely wasted an entire day and everyone's time.  What you did, provided nothing.  Asking someone to repeat their reads, when this is a game of changing opinions as the game evolves was not some insane request.  You ignored it, acted on your own and completely ignored the perfect logic/strategy I laid out for the town. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Actually she did that last game right after we were scum together with smoot, SMC and Hess the game before.  Did she actually do that this game as well? Because if she did its worth a look at.  @DPR

Here comes AssholeVM with a late comment (I thought I had a little more time, works busy) -- but no, she did not.  I think I referenced that in the post, but also noted that I don't think she'd do the same thing even as town considering how popular a lynch candidate she was most of last game simply for the fact that she came in and yelled she was town and excited lol

Final Vote Count

Calder (1) - DPR

The King made his decision, and announced Calder to be executed.  The villagers all crowded around Calder and strung him up to die.  Nobody noticed the shiny suit of armor in the corner with Calder's name on it.

Calder, Knight, has been lynched.  He was town.

It is now night.  This phase will end tomorrow at noon EST, or when I have all night actions and am online to end the phase.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So it didnt change since then?  Without being able to actually force people to consolidate and make a "real" choice to achieve a lynch the king offering up possibles narrows down the field a little and at least gives people a chance to see what each person thinks.  Without anything just too big a field to vote traditionally because once again nobody is really forced to consolidate or hammer.

If you want to quantify a vote count as the only official info, you can, but that's what I mean when I say that this game is the same as mafia with more distractions. What we do have is all of the day 1 commenting and movement along with some votes. That's enough to to start casing for anyone who wants to read thru.

The next king may choose to say "I'll only vote if we get a majority. Otherwise it's no information for the town." But I wanted the first day to play out, see what folks suggested and get a feel for who's playing and who's not.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

You just completely wasted an entire day and everyone's time.  What you did, provided nothing.  Asking someone to repeat their reads, when this is a game of changing opinions as the game evolves was not some insane request.  You ignored it, acted on your own and completely ignored the perfect logic/strategy I laid out for the town. 

He voted the consensus I believe. Its a fine lynch but moving forward I think the Kings need to put it out there and work for info a little more by providing updated reads and the such.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Final Vote Count

Calder (1) - DPR

The King made his decision, and announced Calder to be executed.  The villagers all crowded around Calder and strung him up to die.  Nobody noticed the shiny suit of armor in the corner with Calder's name on it.

Calder, Knight, has been lynched.  He was town.

It is now night.  This phase will end tomorrow at noon EST, or when I have all night actions and am online to end the phase.

DPR - "WELL, IT WASNT MY FAULT... I WENT WITH THE MAJORITY."

LOL.  DPR is scum or the worst player.

1 minute ago, D P R said:

If you want to quantify a vote count as the only official info, you can, but that's what I mean when I say that this game is the same as mafia with more distractions. What we do have is all of the day 1 commenting and movement along with some votes. That's enough to to start casing for anyone who wants to read thru.

The next king may choose to say "I'll only vote if we get a majority. Otherwise it's no information for the town." But I wanted the first day to play out, see what folks suggested and get a feel for who's playing and who's not.

Lets see how it go's.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Are you f*cking kidding me Calder?  You were the Doc and didn't claim when you were the leading vote-getter?  Unless you were prevented from revealing by that bastard Verbal that was awful, awful play.  Wtf.

Mock outrage blah blah blah

• Upvote 1