Sanchez NOT a lock to start.

Integrity28

Just now, Integrity28 said:

"Not about Sanchez."

Immediately begins posturing for the Sanchez argument.

LOL

I literally started this thread specifically to get you to respond and do exactly this... 

So. Easy.

my initial comment wasn't about him, it was about the stupidity of this topic.

you are literally an idiot, this is a discussion board.  I am here to discuss.  

Just now, nyjunc said:

my initial comment wasn't about him, it was about the stupidity of this topic.

you are literally an idiot, this is a discussion board.  I am here to discuss.  

I think you are splitting hairs.

This is a Sanchez thread, as indicated by the title and responses. You said the thread is not about Sanchez. That would make you wrong, or "literally an idiot". 

Also, if this topic is stupid, and the topic is the viability of Sanchez as a starting QB, then explain for us why you discuss that very subject in so many other threads. Wouldn't that make one of the things you discuss most a stupid topic.

Oh boy.

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What's the over-under on how many idiotic responses I get from this guy now, as he tries to save face and convince himself he won something today... 

save face? from some faceless idiot on the internet?  seriously?  you give yourself way too much credit.  I win every day b/c I am not you.

Just now, nyjunc said:

save face? from some faceless idiot on the internet?  seriously?  you give yourself way too much credit.  I win every day b/c I am not you.

Aaaand we're off... I'll start the count fresh, so this makes: 1

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Aaaand we're off... I'll start the count fresh, so this makes: 1

and how many responses is this for you?  I love nitwits like this that engage other posters then complain when other posters respond.  It takes a very special person to think like this.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

and how many responses is this for you?  I love nitwits like this that engage other posters then complain when other posters respond.  It takes a very special person to think like this.

I'm not complaining. You must have reading comprehension problems.

I'm encouraging you to respond. sh*t, I started this thread with you in mind... knowing full well you'd show up and do this...

giphy.gif

53 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not complaining. You must have reading comprehension problems.

I'm encouraging you to respond. sh*t, I started this thread with you in mind... knowing full well you'd show up and do this...

giphy.gif

you are a genius!  I am glad you think of me, I appreciate that.  the only time I ever think of you is when I see your silly responses to my posts.

It's great to have fans.

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you are a genius!  I am glad you think of me, I appreciate that.  the only time I ever think of you is when I see your silly responses to my posts.

It's great to have fans.

giphy.gif

You are in this thread, because you needed to respond to me.

Count: 3

Keep clawing for that last word... you almost got it... 

• 4 weeks later...

Updating... this buzz isn't going away. Not only may Sanchez not start, but Paxton Lynch (who many were pissed we didn't draft) isn't even in the conversation...

10622.jpg

Broncos.com's Andrew Mason believes Trevor Siemian has a "legitimate shot" to start.

The Broncos decision makers clearly agree, with coach Gary Kubiak saying Siemian is "neck and neck" with Mark Sanchez. We are still skeptical a seventh-round sophomore who completed less than 60 percent of his passes in college will show enough to win the starting job, but it sounds like he will be given every chance to prove us wrong. First-rounder Paxton Lynch could also be in the mix, but he finished the offseason program well behind both Siemian and Sanchez.

21 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't know if Mark has impressed the Broncos that much. But if they cut him they only pay him 1 mil for 2016 if before game 1. His salary for 2016 is 4.5 if he stays.

So theres a chance they cut him and sign Fitzpatrick :D

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

So theres a chance they cut him and sign Fitzpatrick :D

I believe that ship has sailed. Probably they wanted somebody to compete before training camp. And again that 7 mil one year figure is low. But if Mark has not picked up Kubiak's offense (and he usually is ok at OTAs etc) it would only cost the Broncos 3.5 mil to cut Mark and sign Fitz for that 7 mil contract. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Fitz signs with us. I know if Fitz does sign with us you and a few others will be really pissed. But if he signs for the lowest possible salary and worst contract you at least can be happy about something. ;)

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2016 at 5:32 PM, nyjunc said:

it's always comical when fans fall prey to media hype based on OTAs/minicamps.  we have access to so much more info than ever before yet the average fan just has no idea how to use that information.

Is it still comical how average fans like myself and @Integrity28 have no idea how to use all of this information but you do?  LOL

Siemian set to start for Broncos for week 3 dress rehearsal.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/08/22/trevor-siemian-broncos-starter-la-rams/

Make that two for Trevor Siemian.

Coach Gary Kubiak said the second-year quarterback will start again Saturday, when the Broncos are hosts to  the Los Angeles Rams in their third preseason game. Kubiak said he plans to give Siemian equal playing time with veteran Mark Sanchez and rookie Paxton Lynch. But the order behind Siemian and the division of repetitions with the first-team offense has yet to be settled.

Although the decision isn’t the last or the biggest Kubiak has to make, it is significant as the season-opener nears. Kubiak said he plans to select his starter for the Sept. 8 opener next week.

“I feel really good about a lot of things we’re doing,” Kubiak said. “I’ll say this: They’ve all done some really good things. They’ve all made mistakes.  I can say that about every player and coach in that room. That’s why we’re here. We’re trying to put this team together and trying to find the guys we think are best for our football team.”

In  Saturday’s loss to the 49ers, Siemian completed 10-of -14 pass attempts for 75 yards, but threw an interception early in the second quarter that 49ers safety Eric Reid returned 42 yards for a touchdown. Siemian landed on his throwing shoulder while trying to tackle Reid on the play and has dealt with soreness since, but it’s not believed to be serious and Kubiak said he expects him to be ready to go for practice Tuesday.

Sanchez, who started the Broncos’ preseason opener at Chicago, entered Saturday’s game with about 11 minutes left in the second quarter and completed 10-of-17 attempts for 120 yards. But he fumbled twice on subsequent drives in the waning seconds of the first half.

The turnovers and mistakes have been persistent issues for Sanchez throughout his seven-year career, and they’ve been ones he has yet to shake in his tenure as a Bronco.

“I just squandered a great opportunity to separate myself, and I put the team in a bad situation,” he said after the loss. “There’s no excuse for that. Poor, poor quarterback play.”

Lynch played the final 27 minutes Saturday, and despite taking three sacks and throwing an interception, impressed with some difficult throws and his first two touchdown passes of his pro career. He finished 15-of-26 for 113 yards. Kubiak said after that Lynch has “always been in the mix” for the starting job. But the leaders of the race throughout have been the two with more league experience and knowledge of Kubiak’s system.

After managing a difficult quarterback transition with Peyton Manning and Brock Osweiler last season, Kubiak’s first as the Broncos’ head coach, he leads arguably a more trying, if unprecedented, charge with the team this season. Manning’s retirement and Osweiler’s defection to Houston have given way to an muddled and open competition that has consumed the offseason, training camp and preseason.

“I expected it. We’ve got three quarterbacks, two of which weren’t on this team last year and one that had one regular-season snap. I knew this was going to take some time and I think (it’s) a credit to them in how well they’ve battled and pushed each other,” Kubiak said. “It’s down to the nitty-gritty here and we don’t have to, but I’m going to make a decision next week and we’re going to go to work. They’ve all put themselves in position to get the opportunity to go out there and compete.”

But as the Broncos inch closer to the start of their Super Bowl title defense, the state of the race is beginning to take shape.

Archived