Jets O-Line tops in pass protection

AFJF

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Of Course Fitz having best snap to pass time helps, but none of it will matter much if they keep turning it over.

Pressures Allowed.jpg

Love the Stat Man!!

And, yes, I'll avoid the "with the best pass blocking OLine FitzScatterGun can't even complete 56% of his passes" argument because, let's face it, if Smith were playing it wouldn't be the best pass blocking OLine...

Just now, phill1c said:

Love the Stat Man!!

And, yes, I'll avoid the "with the best pass blocking OLine FitzScatterGun can't even complete 56% of his passes" argument .

Yep, even with Fitz's quick release, I've been pleasantly surprised with the O-line...especially the right side.

Good job keeping it on topic.  Far too much to ask a few folks.

7 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Interesting that the Bills with a mobile QB are that high.

I think they do a decent job of moving him around back there at times so that probably limits the pressures.  They also ran quite a bit last week which would limit pressure as well.

Mangold (to the O-Line): "Alright guys, our priority this season is to keep Fitzy upright. If we're gonna win, we need to keep him healthy."

Fitz: "Don't worry guys, I've got a plan. When I snap the ball, I'm gonna quickly throw it to the other team. I've got this."

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Fitz: "Don't worry guys, I've got a plan. When I snap the ball, I'm gonna quickly throw it to the other team. I've got this."

LOL

c'mon!!

He's not THAT efficient. Plus, that would make him even MORE inaccurate. Or maybe he just intends to do that in the Red Zone.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

LOL

c'mon!!

He's not THAT efficient. Plus, that would make him even MORE inaccurate. Or maybe he just intends to do that in the Red Zone.

Pssht.

The concept of QB completion percentage was created by and for the New England Patriots in order to make Ryan Fitzpatrick non-competitive.

Interesting stat AFJF. Wasn't aware of that. O-Line has held up well. D-Line 1st week was scary. They need to return to their potential. Hoping the Jets turn it around this week especially since it's my first trip to the stadium this year.

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Maybe Fitz  should take a half a second more to actually look at who he is throwing the ball too. 

He can't.  Because if he waits any longer, he won't be able to reach them.  Most of his passes are "back shoulder" (lol) passes as it is.

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And yet we have a thread trying to blame the OL for allowing too many hits on Fitz as an explanation for why he's played poorly.

Tough to say if it's a fair argument or not.  Prior to last week's game, Fitz was number 1 in the NFL in getting rid of the ball in 2.08 seconds, so I'd like to see how the line does when he's holding on to the ball for 3-4 seconds.

Same as last season, their sack numbers are low because Fitz gets it out quick.  That being said, if he's getting it out quick to the other team, it doesn't do a whole hell of a lot.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I can hardly wait how bad our oline suddenly becomes when Geno or Petty get back there.

We saw a bit of that last season.  Leading up to the Oakland game I believe Fitz had been sacked twice, maybe three times, in the first 4-5 games of the season.  Geno came in for Fitz and was sacked 3 times in less than one game.  In fairness, few first team reps could have contributed....or it may have been Geno being Geno.

42 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Tough to say if it's a fair argument or not.  Prior to last week's game, Fitz was number 1 in the NFL in getting rid of the ball in 2.08 seconds, so I'd like to see how the line does when he's holding on to the ball for 3-4 seconds.

Same as last season, their sack numbers are low because Fitz gets it out quick.  That being said, if he's getting it out quick to the other team, it doesn't do a whole hell of a lot.

I was half kidding but it was said.  He was also the least hit QB last week, the one he used for his evaluation.  

Archived