Bryce Petty wants to play.

Patriot Killa

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Petty will play, sooner rather than later. Be really nice if the Jets became the next team that got lucky with a later round pick. That's the hope right now. Otherwise, all the eggs are in the Hackenberg basket in 2017. 

57 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I think character and leadership of our starting QB is relevant...one of those character traits is being able to "punch adversity in the face". Thats a sign of a leader. 

What you're talking about is stuff that you get from TMZ. It's irrelevant. 

Well he got the getting punched in the face part down. 

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Uninformed football fans and analysis would use this simple statistic to make an argument, and making arguments based of statistics is a fool's game.  

Geno Smith threw 98 TD's in 1465 attempts versus 62 TD's in 845 attempts for Bryce Petty.  That is a TD per attempt of 6.6% and 7.3% respectively.  Geno Smith threw 21 Picks to Petty's 10 Picks, or 1.4% and 1.2%.  So, based on that, Petty was significantly better.  Still making assumptions based on stats is foolish.  

They were vastly different players in college as Geno Smith threw more behind the line of scrimmage (Which are high percentage throws) and Byrce Petty threw down field (which is a lower percentage throw).  

What we have seen from Bryce Petty that we haven't seen from Geno Smith is his ability to put the ball in a favorable spot for the receiver, pocket awareness and movement, and most importantly, progression.   

2 minutes ago, hawk said:

Uninformed football fans and analysis would use this simple statistic to make an argument, and making arguments based of statistics is a fool's game.  

Geno Smith threw 98 TD's in 1465 attempts versus 62 TD's in 845 attempts for Bryce Petty.  That is a TD per attempt of 6.6% and 7.3% respectively.  Geno Smith threw 21 Picks to Petty's 10 Picks, or 1.4% and 1.2%.  So, based on that, Petty was significantly better.  Still making assumptions based on stats is foolish.  

They were vastly different players in college as Geno Smith threw more behind the line of scrimmage (Which are high percentage throws) and Byrce Petty threw down field (which is a lower percentage throw).  

What we have seen from Bryce Petty that we haven't seen from Geno Smith is his ability to put the ball in a favorable spot for the receiver, pocket awareness and movement, and most importantly, progression.   

Uninformed would be to use stats such as "6.6% yo 7.3%" as well as 1.4% to 1.2%" and consider that "significantly better. 

But I give you props for not talking about 71 year old men, penis pics and IK. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Petty is a fourth round draft choice for a reason but one thing I recall everyone saying when we drafted him that he may be, if given the time to develop, different.

Here someone else who thought the same thing......

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476322/article/jon-gruden-bryce-petty-might-have-the-best-arm-talent-in-draft

Petty, who measured 6-foot-2 7/8 and 230 pounds at the NFL Scouting Combine, threw for 8,055 yards and 61 TDs (against 10 interceptions) in his two seasons as Baylor's starter. Gruden calls him "a great passer."

Petty ran a spread offense at Baylor and there are questions about him transitioning to a pro-style attack, but Gruden doesn't seem to share those concerns. He says Petty has been "stereotyped in the Baylor offense, but he's different."

Dak Prescott got stereotyped the same way as a spread college QB, fell to the fourth round.

Let's hope Petty can show he's different as well.

20 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And smith also had more then  twice as many interceptions as petty, almost a 2 yard deficit in yards per throw as Petty  9.7 -8.0,  a lower QB rating, 166-153,  Petty had 21 rushing TD's, smith had 4, and as Cotchery pointed out Petty threw for a Cotton Bowl-record 550 yards and was named the game's offensive MVP.  Petty was a Heisman Candidate going into his Senior year

Smith looked like a clown in losing to Syracuse in the Pin Stripe Bowl.  

Petty was a Heisman Candidate going into his Senior year

Petty's stats were down  in his senior year a bit because he Suffered two cracked transverse processes in his back in the first game against SMU .    To say he is a poor man's Geno Smith is silly  

He was also 

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

And smith also had more then  twice as many interceptions as petty, almost a 2 yard deficit in yards per throw as Petty  9.7 -8.0,  a lower QB rating, 166-153,  Petty had 21 rushing TD's, smith had 4, and as Cotchery pointed out Petty threw for a Cotton Bowl-record 550 yards and was named the game's offensive MVP.  Petty was a Heisman Candidate going into his Senior year

Smith looked like a clown in losing to Syracuse in the Pin Stripe Bowl.  

Petty was a Heisman Candidate going into his Senior year

Petty's stats were down  in his senior year a bit because he Suffered two cracked transverse processes in his back in the first game against SMU .    To say he is a poor man's Geno Smith is silly  

He was also 

That's funny, you forgot to mention that Geno was a Heisman Candidate going into his final year as well. 

But let me finish this with Mr. Joe Caporoso. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's funny, you forgot to mention that Geno was a Heisman Candidate going into his final year as well. 

But let me finish this with Mr. Joe Caporoso. 

Mr Caporoso is nothing more then a fan with a blog.  Should I reply by posting quotes from the Ape

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sunday is going to be a very miserable day for you sadly as a Jets fan when the Jets beat the Ravens and you will be in misery because Geno Smith is the QB. 

Lol Sunday is the beginning of the end for Mac and Bowles. Jets will be fortunate to finish 4-12.  They will lose to the Ravens, Pats, Bills, Rams. Maybe beat the Fins 1 game, Browns, 49ers. Maybe. Geno will be benched sooner rather than later and will never be resigned so who really gives a flying duck either way. Flacco will throw for over 400 yards on this anemic defense. It will only get worse before better. 

3 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Lol Sunday is the beginning of the end for Mac and Bowles. Jets will be fortunate to finish 4-12.  They will lose to the Ravens, Pats, Bills, Rams. Maybe beat the Fins 1 game, Browns, 49ers. Maybe. Geno will be benched sooner rather than later and will never be resigned so who really gives a flying duck either way. Flacco will throw for over 400 yards on this anemic defense. It will only get worse before better. 

LOL yay team yay rah rah go team go. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, I'd punch Geno in the face if that meant we would trade for Mike Glennon! lol. 

I highly doubt I'd shatter his jaw though, IK is just a savage like that! lol.

Not to get off topic, but I think right now Glennon might be one of the leading candidates to be the Jets stating QB next season.  Depends on what his value will be

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Not to get off topic, but I think right now Glennon might be one of the leading candidates to be the Jets stating QB next season.  Depends on what his value will be

We're talking about Glennon, by all means get as far off topic as you like! lol. 

He reminds me of "the good" Eli Manning, just slightly more elusive in the pocket. You put this dude on the Jets and I think we'd be happy with the results. 

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Mr Caporoso is nothing more then a fan with a blog.  Should I reply by posting quotes from the Ape

Joe is a good guy, but he's been all in on Geno for some time now.  Not surprised to see him trashing Petty here.

6 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Media quote of the year "The temporary transition from Ryan Fitzpatrick to the erratic Smith is doomed to fail."

1-3 weeks? we need a pool or poll

Rams game we will see Petty vs Goff - looking for tickets

After the bye.

I hate to say it, but the worst thing that can happen is that smith plays just well enough to keep his job,  Bowles doesn't have the balls to bet on his future, and smith finishes the season.  Whether he plays well or not, odds are extremely high that he will be an ex-Jet next year.  Nothing is gained.  The season is already lost .

I want to see if Petty is worth bringing into next year, or even being the favorite to start next year.  

13 minutes ago, flgreen said:

After the bye.

I hate to say it, but the worst thing that can happen is that smith plays just well enough to keep his job,  Bowles doesn't have the balls to bet on his future, and smith finishes the season.  Whether he plays well or not, odds are extremely high that he will be an ex-Jet next year.  Nothing is gained.  The season is already lost .

I want to see if Petty is worth bringing into next year, or even being the favorite to start next year.  

I like the Rams game because BB is after the bye and he has a thing for rookie Qb's, plus I am not sure it will be Bowles decision, the Jets need to see Petty before the draft

now if Geno bombs at Ravens (possible) the Browns and Fins would be a good warm up

Why are we knocking Petty??????

Geno is Geno and now we can see what Petty can do, simple as that.

Stats aren't everything, mental make up matters!!!

Montana and Brady were and are NOT the most talented QBs in NFL history, but they may be the best.  Mental make up matters!!

Bad mental make up can destroy the best QBs...

As Gruden who watched and worked with Petty said...............

Jon Gruden: "Bryce Petty might have the best arm talent in draft!"

See Gruden's comments in this slightly annoying repetitive video loop.....

Archived