Which Quarterback under 30 would you choose...

Villain The Foe

Just since everyone is choosing the obvious right answers (Wilson, Newton,Carr etc.) I will go with not the popular choices.

Play Cousins
Drive Cousins
Game Winston
Years Wentz

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Not to mention the TD's and INT's. 

People claim Luck to be so great because of the hype coming out of school and 1 great year where he threw 40 TD's and almost 5,000 yards. He does indeed have the pedigree but it gets to the point here potential and Oline excuses are just that. 

Lets keep it 100 here. It's not like Russell Wilson has a stellar Oline. It may not be as bad as the Colts (and that's just to give the benefit of the doubt) but it surely isnt too far off. And sure, Wilson had a run game for most of his years but again, thats because Skittles was breaking 15-20 tackles a game and had to retire for a year just to freaking heal himself. It wasnt because of the Oline. 

Im not at all saying that Luck is trash. I'd take Luck in a second, but to see how a guy in Wilson is always criticized though he's produced and won a championship on a rookie deal, yet Luck is always praised based on potential, being a locker room guy and his pedigree is kinda outrageous because if Luck's potential ended up producing what Wilson has already achieved we'd call that an absolute success, now wouldnt we? 

Wilson's accuracy is superb. He is a better QB than Luck. The facts speak for themselves. I don't listen to the experts as most clearly don't know much and often have an overwhelming agenda regarding Luck's potential. Seattle had a lot of picks in the draft and may have retooled for another SB run.

I see they are also looking at Kaepernick as a backup QB to Wilson. That is what champion's do. They get better players to replace the under performers that they have. 

8 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The craziest thing to me is how I hear many people say that they dont think Wilson is as great a QB as everyone else thinks he is.

People who don't think Russell Wilson is great = 0 credibility

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

Wilson's accuracy is superb. He is a better QB than Luck. The facts speak for themselves. I don't listen to the experts as most clearly don't know much and often have an overwhelming agenda regarding Luck's potential. Seattle had a lot of picks in the draft and may have retooled for another SB run.

I see they are also looking at Kaepernick as a backup QB to Wilson. That is what champion's do. They get better players to replace the under performers that they have. 

I remember a year or two ago making a video on this very subject and giving my opinion on why Wilson is better. 

People underrate Wilson's arm and accuracy as well because it looks like he throws floaty lolipop passes down field (though accurate and in stride). I constantly see Wilson evade the pass rush and throw lasers to the back shoulder of receivers. Im talking about absolute gorgeous passes. Dude is the truth. 

If I had to make a team today and had to pick a QB  of every QB in the league today im picking Russell Wilson for sure. And im picking Mike Glennon as his back up. :-)

10 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I remember a year or two ago making a video on this very subject and giving my opinion on why Wilson is better. 

People underrate Wilson's arm and accuracy as well because it looks like he throws floaty lolipop passes down field (though accurate and in stride). I constantly see Wilson evade the pass rush and throw lasers to the back shoulder of receivers. Im talking about absolute gorgeous passes. Dude is the truth. 

If I had to make a team today and had to pick a QB  of every QB in the league today im picking Russell Wilson for sure. And im picking Mike Glennon as his back up. :-)

Didn't you also say Elway was overrated?  (or was that someone else?)

22 hours ago, King P said:

1 Play: Matthew Stafford

1 Drive: Cam Newton

1 Game: Russell Wilson

Next 10 Years: Jameis Winston

Ooooooh dang, you and I are close.

1 Play - Newton.  His physical abilities are through the roof and allow him to really get creative with his play style.  You need ten yards for the first?  Newton gives you the biggest bag of tricks to work with.

1 Drive - Stafford.  Dude showed UP this year and last year, proving that he can play without Megatron.  Also showed through those 2 seasons that he has cold blood in his veins.  4th Quarter in need of a game winning score?  Gimme the young gun outta Georgia.

1 Game - Wilson.  Cerebral.  Deadly Accurate.  Athletic.  Strong armed.  More than capable.  Nothing else really left to say.  Wilson was one of my favorite QBs in 2012 and I wanted him in the 4th.  Mocked him to us in drafts and everything.  I love the guy.  He can manage a gameplan with the best of them but he can rise to the occasion and win you one too.  

Next ten years - Winston.  Like Wilson, Jameis is another guy I screamed for.  Especially when everyone was having the "Winston versus Mariota" debate.  He is my favorite QB prospect to come out since Stafford.  Not Luck.  Winston.  That's not a knock on Luck, believe me.  It's close between those 2.  That's more of a compliment to Jameis.  I've seen something special in that kid since I started following his High School career in Hueytown. After him I have it ranked:

2. Luck.

3. Carr.

On 2017-05-20 at 0:47 PM, thadude said:

People who don't think Russell Wilson is great = 0 credibility

I wouldn't say Russell isn't good....But there are at least 2 QB's under 30 I would take before him, Andrew Luck being one of them.

On 2017-05-19 at 6:43 AM, Tinstar said:

One man's opinion .  I like Wilson as a player, but I don't think he's this great QB everyone thinks he is .

I agree with this.  Once seattles defense wavers and if they still have a suspect run game he will be put to the test.

15 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Obviously I would pick Wilson, but if I could have ANY QB in the league under 30, I would take Andrew Luck and Derek Carr before Wilson.

Carr and Wilson are kinda on-par with their first 3 seasons. Carr has more TD's, Wilson has less turnovers, Carr has more yards, Wilson has a higher completion %age. 

What separates them is post season performance. This is why I take Wilson. 

Wilson has won atleast 1 playoff game in every season he's been in the league and in 5 trips to the playoffs he has 2 SB appearances. That's impressive.

Carr is still waiting to throw a pass in a playoff game. To his credit, if not for the injury he would have certainly accomplished that this past year and probably would have beaten the Texans. 

With that said though, there are certainly QB's with higher potential, but when it comes to actual production, these QB's arent touching Wilson on a year by year basis. 

20 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Carr and Wilson are kinda on-par with their first 3 seasons. Carr has more TD's, Wilson has less turnovers, Carr has more yards, Wilson has a higher completion %age. 

What separates them is post season performance. This is why I take Wilson. 

Wilson has won atleast 1 playoff game in every season he's been in the league and in 5 trips to the playoffs he has 2 SB appearances. That's impressive.

Carr is still waiting to throw a pass in a playoff game. To his credit, if not for the injury he would have certainly accomplished that this past year and probably would have beaten the Texans. 

With that said though, there are certainly QB's with higher potential, but when it comes to actual production. These QB's arent touching Wilson on a year by year basis. 

True....Wilson has played in the playoffs, and has a ring even.  But I think I would still take Carr on potential.  I think Wilson is what he is....Not saying that isn't bad, but I think what has helped him is the team that surrounds him.  He is on Cleveland, Cleveland doesn't go to the playoffs BECAUSE of Wilson.

On the other hand, Carr did not have much early on in Oakland.  As that team is coming around, I believe he has elevated them. 

Again....moot point really.  IF I was allowed any QB under 30, it would be Andrew Luck.  OOOH baby, could you imagine him on this team with the defenses we have had since he was in the league?  Wow.....

15 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

True....Wilson has played in the playoffs, and has a ring even.  But I think I would still take Carr on potential.  I think Wilson is what he is....Not saying that isn't bad, but I think what has helped him is the team that surrounds him.  He is on Cleveland, Cleveland doesn't go to the playoffs BECAUSE of Wilson.

On the other hand, Carr did not have much early on in Oakland.  As that team is coming around, I believe he has elevated them. 

Again....moot point really.  IF I was allowed any QB under 30, it would be Andrew Luck.  OOOH baby, could you imagine him on this team with the defenses we have had since he was in the league?  Wow.....

This is my problem with this perspective, and I'll give an example in the form of a question. 

You put Carr on the Browns, is Cleveland making the playoffs last year BECAUSE of Derek Carr? 

There's no QB in the league that would guarantee a playoff birth for Cleveland. Drew Brees plays on a better team with the New Orleans Saints and HE cant even make it to the playoffs with that team and he's throwing for over 5,000 yards and 35TD's every single season. That's kinda how bad that Cleveland example was lol.

However, Carr isnt a bad choice at all. If I had a team and Carr was the QB and not Wilson I wouldnt be complaining. 

Wilson, Carr, Luck..  in that order.

Cam Newton is the most criminally overrated player in the game, and his team's O criminally underrated.  The guys passing is very suspect and he only really got hot for about 7 games during a brief stretch in his career, and the rest of the time has been quite average.

Wilson is a fantastic player, who has one of the most overrated Supporting casts in the game.  His Oline is probably the worst in the game, zero rushing attack  and his skill players are fringe talents.  Wilson, like Luck, is basically the entire O.

Carr imo is a fantastic player, but he is helped by an elite supporting cast...

The funny thing is the Wilson-haters acting like Andrew Luck has been at such a disadvantage because of his O-line.  Have any of these people seen Seattle's O-line the last two years?  It's been the worst in the NFL.

Archived