This is how far we are from the #1 Pick...

southtown24th

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

RIGHT. Jets fans know no other emotion but misery. Happiness makes them uncomfortable. So they will do anything to be comfortable

Happiness? Watching this team win games with Josh McCown makes you happy? Really?

What's more desirable...short-lived, temporary happiness that rises and falls?

or

Long-term, sustained, steady level of contentment that lasts 5-10-15 years?

Just now, DMan77 said:

My God I just don't get it... I for one would rather have some talent growing on this team than put my money on one pick next year.

There also like 6 QBs that could go in the 1st round next year...  

Would make sense if we pick #1 and can pick any of the six right? As opposed to pick at #8 or #10 and only be choosing from 2 or 3.  This is actually kind of mind-boggling.  You folks do realize you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure this out, right?

Just now, southtown24th said:

Would make sense if we pick #1 and can pick any of the six right? As opposed to pick at #8 or #10 and only be choosing from 2 or 3.  This is actually kind of mind-boggling.  You folks do realize you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure this out, right?

OH WOW. ONLY 2 OR 3 TO CHOOSE FROM? WE"RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED.

Idiot

10 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

You can say we are rooting for the team to lose and we can say we are rooting for the team to finally have a chance at a franchise quarterback.

There is no question that you're rooting for the team to lose, it's not something "I'm just saying".

You can try and justify rooting against the team you claim to root for, in the interest of some "chance" at a QB, and I'll counter that by saying "We have a chance at a QB no matter where we pick in the next draft, and fan rooting for the team has no effect on the result, so why not root for instead of against?".

It's almost like folks forget that you can trade up in the draft too.....

And as a reminder, Dan Marino was picked 27th is a similarly hyped draft.  The 6th QB taken.

Big Ben (the best QB of his draft) was picked 3rd in another "QB Heavy" class.  11th pick overall.

Lets not pretend we have to be #1/#1 or we have no shot at a QB.

QB fans should be rooting for Macc to be fired, HE is a far more present danger to drafting a bad QB than what pick we have.

Something the team hasn't had for over 40 years and something that will bring this team more wins and playoff appearances in a period of 10 years than the last 30 years combined.

And?  Sam Darnold is not a sure thing, neither is Rosen.  No one is.  Rooting against your team for some low-chance possibility of maybe drafting a guy who might be good, maybe?  sh*t, thats a ton of negativity for such a small odds chance.  We skipped on a number of good prospects last year (like Watson).  Doesn't make me root against my team.

If having a QB matters so much that you'll root against the Jets so aggressively, why not just go root for a team that HAS a QB already?  Clearly loyalty isn't a concern for you....you're rooting AGAINST the Jets after all, that's hardly being loyal.

You can keep reveling in extreme short-term success when it costs this team 10x more success in the long-term.

I "revel" whenever we crush our most hated rival.  That's what fans do, generally.

Sorry today was such a disappointing and difficult day for you.  It was a hard day for Phins fans too.  You guys have alot in common today.

Right and what if that QB doesn't work? And you're left with a team of nothing because you wished and hoped and boo'd any and all player development over the last few years? How do you not want a few good pieces on this team? THAT is mind boggling. 

Then what? Bitch and complain about how bad a job Mac did? Probably...

2 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

My God I just don't get it... I for one would rather have some talent growing on this team than put my money on one pick next year.

There also like 6 QBs that could go in the 1st round next year...  

Yeah. I mean who would want the choice of any of those 6 QBs when we can just leave it to the guy who picked Hackenberg to make the decision amongst the second tier guys? Sign me up!

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Are you ******* serious? If You think Sanchez is even a quarter of what Darnold is you need your damn head checked. You sound ridiculous. This one win as people THIS gassed up? Wow.

Tell me how long it has been since we drafted with a top 10 pick a great offensive player?  thought so...

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yeah. I mean who would want the choice of any of those 6 QBs when we can just leave it to the guy who picked Hackenberg to make the decision amongst the second tier guys? Sign me up!

So you're totally cool with not developing any players from the last 2-3 years? You'll sit back and not bash Mac or the Jets, right? Because you don't want any pieces to be in place at all ya? If so cool, just back that up. Lets hear ya applaud Mac. 

My "happiness" doesn't come from sports (anymore)...my "happiness" is no longer linked to the Jets.  I used to be one of those guys who was cheering for a win in every game, wow! What a great day! What a great Sunday! Happy Happy! I did that for 10-20 years.  It got me nowhere.  It got this franchise nowhere.  We would have temporary "happiness" only to be disappointed and driven back to reality with mediocre to subpar results season in and season out.  I no longer connect my "happiness" to single game outcomes...with that being said, the entire BODY OF WORK this year needs to be bad enough so that we can pick at the top of the first round so that we are able to make an educated decision with our (special ed) GM and try to find a QB who can take us to long term contentment for the next 10 years.  That's what we need.  One win, one loss--sure, it does not matter. But with every single win that we stack up this year, we are one step away from 10 years of contentment with this franchise because we are giving our GM less options to choose from come Draft Day 2018. Is it that hard to process?  Is it really that complicated for some of you? Wow.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Bullsh*t. It's worth it to the players. It's worth it to Adams

Waht if instead of #1 we pick #4 and get a CB instead of a QB? The fans might not likr it but if were picking 4 and not 1 it proves that were not asbad as the other teams to begin with, so we dont necessarily need a QB

My "happiness" doesn't come from sports (anymore)...my "happiness" is no longer linked to the Jets.  I used to be one of those guys who was cheering for a win in every game, wow! What a great day! What a great Sunday! Happy Happy! I did that for 10-20 years.  It got me nowhere.  It got this franchise nowhere.  We would have temporary "happiness" only to be disappointed and driven back to reality with mediocre to subpar results season in and season out.  I no longer connect my "happiness" to single game outcomes...with that being said, the entire BODY OF WORK this year needs to be bad enough so that we can pick at the top of the first round so that we are able to make an educated decision with our (special ed) GM and try to find a QB who can take us to long term contentment for the next 10 years.  That's what we need.  One win, one loss--sure, it does not matter. But with every single win that we stack up this year, we are one step away from 10 years of contentment with this franchise because we are giving our GM less options to choose from come Draft Day 2018. Is it that hard to process?  Is it really that complicated for some of you? Wow.

And you've obviously decided that the Jets wont go 1-15 and get the top draft pick? WOW

3 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Right and what if that QB doesn't work? And you're left with a team of nothing because you wished and hoped and boo'd any and all player development over the last few years? How do you not want a few good pieces on this team? THAT is mind boggling. 

Then what? Bitch and complain about how bad a job Mac did? Probably...

You have to take your chances...it's a risk, for sure but the risk lessens as you get closer to the #1 pick...it's a game of probability.  The probability of getting us out of the basement year in and year out goes up (again, NO GUARANTEES) as you get closer to the #1 pick.  This is not organic chemistry kids.

Just now, dbatesman said:

Waht if instead of #1 we pick #4 and get a CB instead of a QB? The fans might not likr it but if were picking 4 and not 1 it proves that were not asbad as the other teams to begin with, so we dont necessarily need a QB

Dude shut the **** up. You're the worst of the lot. You live to whine

Sooo... Why are you here at all? I'm sure there's something that does make you happy that you could be doing instead.

And I'm honestly not trying to be a d-bag about that. I mean it. Why spend your well deserved free time paying attention to something you don't like? Go do something else! Watch a movie, cook some food, play a game, build a tree fort, whatever! 

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

What is instead of picking Ryan Leaf at #1/#1, instead we pick Dan Marino at #27 or Big Ben at #11 overall?

If Macc skips at QB (regardless of where we pick) he was skipping regardless.

Just now, DMan77 said:

Sooo... Why are you here at all? I'm sure there's something that does make you happy that you could be doing instead.

And I'm honestly not trying to be a d-bag about that. I mean it. Why spend your well deserved free time paying attention to something you don't like? Go do something else! Watch a movie, cook some food, play a game, build a tree fort, whatever! 

My happiness came from the Jets when I lived in NJ...all I did was sit around, watch football, eat bagels and pizza, house Italian subs, drive around in the pouring rain and snow, go to 8 Jets games a year, my life was miserable...I NEEDED those temporary spikes of "happiness" to get through the long Fall/Winters of the Northeast.  Having relocated to Southern California 4.5 years ago, those temporary spikes in "happiness" are no longer important...I want a decent to good team to root for and observe season in and season out...sorry.

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

You have to take your chances...it's a risk, for sure but the risk lessens as you get closer to the #1 pick...it's a game of probability.  The probability of getting us out of the basement year in and year out goes up (again, NO GUARANTEES) as you get closer to the #1 pick.  This is not organic chemistry kids.

Okay but that means you're rooting against any development at all. You're asking for the Jets to esentially have 0 talent on this team for the next few years outside of a QB... I just don't think that adds up. Ya a QB a ton of the battle... But you need other pieces in place. You just do. And to root against that is asking for many more years of watching the team struggle and HOPE to hit in the draft.

In fact I would argue getting a stud QB while you have nothing around him is just as dangerous... Maybe he gets you to 8-9 wins every year, and you're stuck with a middle pick and no great talents around him at all. 

That is just as probable as your theory... 

My happiness came from the Jets when I lived in NJ...all I did was sit around, watch football, eat bagels and pizza, house Italian subs, drive around in the pouring rain and snow, go to 8 Jets games a year, my life was miserable...I NEEDED those temporary spikes of "happiness" to get through the long Fall/Winters of the Northeast.  Having relocated to Southern California 4.5 years ago, those temporary spikes in "happiness" are no longer important...I want a decent to good team to root for and observe season in and season out...sorry.

No that's fine, I just mean why are you even browsing this board then if it's not enjoyable for you? Seems weird... Like I don't enjoy the dentist, so I don't go hang around the office...

Archived