Sign in to follow this  
AFJF

Maybe we didn't give the Jets their due for beating Jacksonville

12 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

You can't have a franchise statement game when your starting QB is 38 years old playing for the team for the first time, and is a career loser on a 1 year contract.  Now if Petty was starting, AND the Jets were 3-2 under his watch, and won next week with him that could constitute a franchise statement game.

Spot on... I'd even stop calling Bowles DumbA$$ if he would have the guts to play Petty. Then playing Stewart and Hansen more as well would make this 3-2 even better...  

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Just now, 68JET11 said:

Spot on... I'd even stop calling Bowles DumbA$$ if he would have the guts to play Petty. Then playing Stewart and Hansen more as well would make this 3-2 even better...  

I'm ok with slowly bringing Stewart, and Hansen along, Kearse is 27, and has another year left, and Kerley is 28 so it's not like he is 35, I remember the days when 27 was the magic number age wise for a WR to break out back in the early to mid 2000's besides the very very very elite guys.

5 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

So you want him to bench the whole offense...lol...

What upside is there for this? Also nothing is holding Stewart and Hansen back... In fact they wanted them to be the guys but had to make late moves to get WRs who can play now.

Don't give me the "won't play young guys" crap either... Two starting rookie safetys

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

I'm ok with slowly bringing Stewart, and Hansen along, Kearse is 27, and has another year left, and Kerley is 28 so it's not like he is 35, I remember the days when 27 was the magic number age wise for a WR to break out back in the early to mid 2000's besides the very very very elite guys.

Get what you're saying and while I've got nothing against Kearse and Kerley, If you're going to rebuild and jetison almost every VET on this team, then why would you play most all rookies and young guys on one side of the ball, and not give the offensive side the same chance at growing and learning. I'm sure they are just as hungry to prove themselves as Adam and Maye are.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

It doesn't have anything to do with beating Jacksonville it has to do with your quote.

Not so sure that constitutes a "soft" team.

Rewatch the 1st half that was some of the worst football I've seen played in these parts since the Sanchez 2012 end of season.

The Browns sold out against the run and the short pass. McCown isn't taking any shots until they are behind. 

The 2nd half Morton started adjusting to beat their tendencies. Then surprisingly the run started to open up a little. 

I'd love to see Petty get thrown in there for a half just to see what he can do with a well designed offence. 

We do have some weapons on offense. ASJ looks great. We have Robbie, and Stewart. McGuire, and Kearse is a great possession receiver. They just need a QB to get them the ball downfield instead of consistently at the line of scrimmage.    

1 minute ago, ECURB said:

What upside is there for this? Also nothing is holding Stewart and Hansen back... In fact they wanted them to be the guys but had to make late moves to get WRs who can play now.

Don't give me the "won't play young guys" crap either... Two starting rookie safetys

Never said bench the entire offense... The upside to this season is we're seeing guy flying around and playing hard. I'll give Bowles a lot of credit for that. I also have no problem with some Vet presence on this team. It's a good thing, however they dumped a ton of them in the off season. The Vet presence on this team should be as teachers and backup's to the young guys since that's the direction this team decided to take in the offseason. That's my only point. 

2 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Those safeties do not touch the ball. Bowles has no problems starting young players that do not touch the ball. 

Same way he will sell out on a blitz but will not throw on 4th and 1. 

They did try to get in field goal range at the end of the half which gives me hope. That's a start. 

12 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, I saw the headlines. Anything going on with the Steelers? Any significant injuries? Did they lose any important players during the offseason?

The NFL is ****in' crazy this season. It's like Twin Peaks up in here.

Yeah. Roethlisberger is done. Just like Eli. All of a sudden these guys get old. I know, Brady and Brees. We all get old at different points.

16 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

The Browns sold out against the run and the short pass. McCown isn't taking any shots until they are behind. 

The 2nd half Morton started adjusting to beat their tendencies. Then surprisingly the run started to open up a little. 

I'd love to see Petty get thrown in there for a half just to see what he can do with a well designed offence. 

We do have some weapons on offense. ASJ looks great. We have Robbie, and Stewart. McGuire, and Kearse is a great possession receiver. They just need a QB to get them the ball downfield instead of consistently at the line of scrimmage.    

Couldn't agree more

13 hours ago, Larz said:

Agree

I think the character of this team is strong and that is helping as well 

I remain most impressed by Morton. It took him longer to adjust today, but that was Gregg Williams on the other side. The play design on Kerleys TD was sweet and the play call with 6 seconds to go in the 1st half was perfect. 

Why do people always credit the coaches when things go good or bad? It's the players that execute , they should get the praise or backlash

14 hours ago, AFJF said:

Jax hung 29 on a tough Houston defense in the opener.

Scored 44 against Balt on the road

Beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh 30-9 today.

Not so sure that constitutes a "soft" team.

Just a thought.

I have to give you your due for using "their" correctly in the subject line.

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I haven't really watched them but it's certainly possible that the Steelers might not be good anymore.  

Considering Ben was mumbling " maybe I don't have it anymore" during his post game presser you might be on to something. 

the only thing due is that McCown will get12 mil next year as the Jets bid against themselves and they draft a CB in round one

My life as a Jet fan

Kearse and Kerley are young players. It isn't like they're 30+ years old. I don't see the problem with them playing. 

14 minutes ago, sciond said:

the only thing due is that McCown will get12 mil next year as the Jets bid against themselves and they draft a CB in round one

My life as a Jet fan

Only way McCown will start again next year is if we make the playoffs (in other words, not very likely).