As Per Shefter, He Anticipates Holmes Signing With Jets by End of Today

lawngnome o-line

Let's hope so..... I hope we can keep Braylon as well....

I hope so too. I like Braylon's all around game better than Holmesand would be bummed to see someone who really wants to be here get let go. If we can keep them both it would be really fantastic.

Shut some people up it would... - yoda

I hope so too. I like Braylon's all around game better than Holmesand would be bummed to see someone who really wants to be here get let go. If we can keep them both it would be really fantastic.

With the exception of the Jets spending an excessive amount of money on their #2 CB, I really do think it's completely feasible that they can pull this off. Here's hoping.

Braylon blocks down field which is great for the running game. I agree with you in that Braylon appears to want to be a Jet...Those are they type of players you want to have on the roster.

With the exception of the Jets spending an excessive amount of money on their #2 CB, I really do think it's completely feasible that they can pull this off. Here's hoping.

They should not spend a whole bunch. Offer Cromoartie a reasonable deal, if he wants too much let him walk, and let the Kid Kyle do his thing. He has been working with Revis during the lockout. Give him a shot.

Right? i have been quiet on my feelings on this. Partly because I'm superstitious/ridiculous and don't want to jinx anything and partly because I don't feel like arguing about it. But I feel confident that they want both of our top 2 WR's back. If we lock them up we have our starting skill positions in place for a couple of years which could really mean great things. When was the last time we had our Qb RB, C, LT and two/three starting WR's together for more than a year or two? I like the guys we have right now and want badly for them to stay.

Brad smith? I like him too, but the obvious odd man out in my head.

Braylon blocks down field which is great for the running game. I agree with you in that Braylon appears to want to be a Jet...Those are they type of players you want to have on the roster.

Exactly. I love the way he blocks. He's big, strong and takes pride in leveling people. He even drew a couple of nonsense penalties last season while crushing defenders on running plays. I will take a penalty every once in a while if it shows the guy is trying to kill someone over watching a LB run through a WR en route to a tackle in the backfield.

Nothing I hate more than a walking vagina out on the field. That's why I hated Rhodes and where my difficulty lies with Cro.

Hope this happens soon, can't wait to tell the Fin fans to shut up.

I'd be happy as **** if we could keep Edwards as well but I just don't see how the money is going to be there for him and then a CB.

Doesn't this thread need at least one anticipatory "Suck it, Snyder!" comment? Oh wait, there it is :)

Exactly. I love the way he blocks. He's big, strong and takes pride in leveling people. He even drew a couple of nonsense penalties last season while crushing defenders on running plays. I will take a penalty every once in a while if it shows the guy is trying to kill someone over watching a LB run through a WR en route to a tackle in the backfield.

Nothing I hate more than a walking vagina out on the field. That's why I hated Rhodes and where my difficulty lies with Cro.

Just to be completely clear here, does that mean you are not a fan of:

20090903_sha_cs9_912.jpg

If the only reason people like BE is because he blocks down field, then deploy Ben Hartstock at WR.

I want BE too, but Randy Moss would be a fine repalcement if we cant sign him. :P

If the only reason people like BE is because he blocks down field, then deploy Ben Hartstock at WR.

I want BE too, but Randy Moss would be a fine repalcement if we cant sign him. :P

Randy, Santonio and Ellis on the same team. If that's not asking for trouble... :)

That is not my only reason, but given we deploy the ground and pound, a WR must be able to block and Edwards can. You can keep Moss, he is a one trick pony whose time is up.

It's obviously not the only reason. it's one of the overlooked positives of BE.

That is not my only reason, but given we deploy the ground and pound, a WR must be able to block and Edwards can. You can keep Moss, he is a one trick pony whose time is up.

It's obviously not the only reason. it's one of the overlooked positives of BE.

I know, I'm just busting balls...but my point is, we telegraph the run anyway...so whats the difference?

Archived