New York Jets vs Cincinnati Bengals: The Official Gameday Thread

JetsFanFromQueens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5zRcHVqwE4

Out for Tonight's Game: Bart Scott is replaced by Josh Mauga. Brandon Moore is replaced by Vlad Ducasse. Sione Pouha is being replaced by Kenrick Ellis and Martin Tevaseua. Shonn Greene is replaced by LaDainian Tomlinson. Marcus Dixon is listed as being out. Mark Brunell (reported by Manish Mehta at the Daily News) is being replaced by rookie Greg McElroy.

Questionable for tonight's game are Calvin Pace and Derrick Mason.

Returning from injury: Our All-Pro Center Nick Mangold and our highly anticipated WR in Plaxico Burress finally takes the field for a live game for the fist time since 11/16/2008.

Rex Ryan has recently went on record saying that our starters will play the entire first quarter and may even play into the 2nd Q.

I honestly can't wait to see Plaxico Burress take the field tonight. Preseason game or not, it'll become a breath of fresh air watching Plaxico physically dominate opposing CB's. I'm not expecting a turn around performance out of Vladimir Ducasse, but it better happen, because I've never seen a RT play as horrendous as Vlad played on Monday night. His horrible lack of foot movement made Adrian Clarke look like a pro bowler. I'm not as worried about our offensive line as some around here have been. Yes, we allowed seven sacks last week, but the Jets didn't have two-fifths of their starting line, and none of the sacks were allowed by starters. We'll be just fine on the O-Line.

J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets!!!

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be interesting watching how our first string defense performs/responds without both Pouha and Scott clogging the middle of our front seven. If we can not only stuff the run, but also generate a pass rush without both Scott and Pouha tonight, Ill take it as a good defensive sign heading into the regular season. On a side note, did anyone get a chance to pay close attention to Dwight Lowery on Monday night? If so, how's he making the transition from CB to Free Safety?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5zRcHVqwE4

Out for Tonight's Game: Bart Scott is replaced by Josh Mauga. Brandon Moore is replaced by Vlad Ducasse. Sione Pouha is being replaced by Kenrick Ellis and Martin Tevaseua. Shonn Greene is replaced by LaDainian Tomlinson. Marcus Dixon is listed as being out. Mark Brunell (reported by Manish Mehta at the Daily News) is being replaced by rookie Greg McElroy.

Questionable for tonight's game are Calvin Pace and Derrick Mason.

Returning from injury: Our All-Pro Center Nick Mangold and our highly anticipated WR in Plaxico Burress finally takes the field for a live game for the fist time since 11/16/2008.

Rex Ryan has recently went on record saying that our starters will play the entire first quarter and may even play into the 2nd Q.

I honestly can't wait to see Plaxico Burress take the field tonight. Preseason game or not, it'll become a breath of fresh air watching Plaxico physically dominate opposing CB's. I'm not expecting a turn around performance out of Vladimir Ducasse, but it better happen, because I've never seen a RT play as horrendous as Vlad played on Monday night. His horrible lack of foot movement made Adrian Clarke look like a pro bowler. I'm not as worried about our offensive line as some around here have been. Yes, we allowed seven sacks last week, but the Jets didn't have two-fifths of their starting line, and none of the sacks were allowed by starters. We'll be just fine on the O-Line.

J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets!!!

Great Vid/ patriot game highlights awesome

This game is being played at JetLife stadium... Just sayin'.

Looking forward to watching:

1. Josh Mauga, getting the start over Scott...

2. K.Ellis/Tevesau, getting the starting time with Pouha out...

3. Vlad Ducasse, can he prove to be at least serviceable with Mangold next to him...

4. Joe McKnight, Jamaal Westermann, can they rebound from sub-par games on monday and be productive?

5. Bilal Powell, Pat Turner, McElroy, all these guys had solid outings on Monday...Can they carry that into the game tonight and continue to impress?

Go JETS!!!

Hopefully Westerman can show production tonight, but in regards to Joe McKnight, I'll have to agree to disagree with you on this one gangreenman. McKnight may have been limited in opportunities, but I'm not sure which sub-par performance you're speaking of. McKnight impressed with the limited amount of reps that he was given to work with. He put up 24 rushing yards with only 5 rushing attempts, which was good enough for an average of 4.8 yards per carry. He played with excellent patience following his blockers, showed very nice field vision and had a strong burst of quickness/speed on his long rush of 9 yards. Powell did a fine job of catching out of the backfield followed by gaining yardage after the catch, but as a running back, in terms of picking up yards and following his blocks? Powell was less than impressive. McKnight also had 1 reception for 4 yards catching out of the backfield (a productive play). Lets not forget, that McKnight also returned a kickoff for 26 yards, which was impressive, considering the fact that he returned the kickoff from 6-8 yards deep in the end zone. I was very much so pleased with the overall performance of our 2nd year back out of USC on Monday night, and with Shonn Greene being out for tonight's game and Tomlinson up there in age? I'm amped for the reps we'll see both McKnight and Powell earn tonight.

I started another thread on this but just so everyone sees it:

Any feedback on our chat room is appreciated. We have a 250 user license, we want to know if some people prefer this to the game day thread. Thanks.

I was very pleased with the accuracy of Mark Sanchez on Monday Night. Hopefully we'll see our young developing Franchise QB take another step in the right dirrection against the Bengals tonight. A completion % of 60+ must be the goal from here on out. One thing is for sure, nothing against Broadway Joe... He won our franchise our first and only Championship, but I'm not sure we've ever had a QB as clutch as Mark Sanchez himself. This kid was born for the big moment. We've all seen ice water run through this kids veins during pressure situations. It's just about game time, but until then? Enjoy this video. J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets!!

Archived