LOL @ Bill Belichick and anyone that dare call him humble

Integrity28

Bill Belichick: “We’re a long way from being good”

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 13, 2011, 6:32 AM EDT

belichickaug27getty-e1314653552691.jpg?w=230 Getty Images

After the Patriots cruised to a 38-24 victory on Monday night, Patriots coach Bill Belichick stood up at his press conference and showed how different he is from Jets coach Rex Ryan.

Instead of boldly proclaiming that his team is a powerhouse, Belichick talked about how much the Patriots still need to improve.

“I thought it was competitive tonight, but there’s still a lot of things that we need to do better, that’s obvious,” Belichick said. “We’ve got to go back to work, it’s the first game of the season, we’ve got 15 more in the regular season, and hopefully we can improve on a weekly basis. I mean that’s what we need to do. We’re a long way from being a good football team right now.”

Tom Brady racked up 517 passing yards, but Belichick doesn’t want anyone calling his performance a masterpiece.

“We’ve certainly got a long way to go,” Belichick said. “That was certainly no Rembrandt performance, but fortunately it was good enough.”

Yes, I’d say the Patriots looked good enough on Monday night.

This isn't humble, as the talking heads at ESPN would have you believe.

This is an arrogant man, being disingenuous.

I'm also pretty sure that Rex proclaimed that the Jets need to be better in every phase, but he'd take a win no matter how they get it any day. To me, THAT is more humble than this charade BB puts on.

I'm also pretty sure that Rex proclaimed that the Jets need to be better in every phase, but he'd take a win no matter how they get it any day. To me, THAT is more humble than this charade BB puts on.

Humble? No. But he learned from Bill Parcells. You speak to your team through the media. They are flying high after last night, but they still have a long way to go and a lot to improve on. Thats how he motivates his team. Thats how he gets them prepared for week 2 and beyond. Its not about being humble, its about improving week to week and getting your players to buy into that belief. Rex doesnt preach that way. His ways are different.

Humble? No. But he learned from Bill Parcells. You speak to your team through the media. They are flying high after last night, but they still have a long way to go and a lot to improve on. Thats how he motivates his team. Thats how he gets them prepared for week 2 and beyond. Its not about being humble, its about improving week to week and getting your players to buy into that belief. Rex doesnt preach that way. His ways are different.

Actually, they arent different. Rex uses the media to instill confidence in his team. I guarantee Rex doensnt sit around at practice saying they are perfect and great and headed for the SB (see the snack speech). I'm sure he does what any coach does, tries to make the team better in the areas that need improvement.

Meanwhile, the team hears everyone saying this that and the other about how the Jets will fail and Pats are the greatest, so Rex instills confidence in the his team by putting himself out there, putting the pressure on his shoulders and off his players.

Its the same method of using the media to motivate your team, but just a different approach.

Actually, they arent different. Rex uses the media to instill confidence in his team. I guarantee Rex doensnt sit around at practice saying they are perfect and great and headed for the SB (see the snack speech). I'm sure he does what any coach does, tries to make the team better in the areas that need improvement.

Meanwhile, the team hears everyone saying this that and the other about how the Jets will fail and Pats are the greatest, so Rex instills confidence in the his team by putting himself out there, putting the pressure on his shoulders and off his players.

Its the same method of using the media to motivate your team, but just a different approach.

Thanks for writing what i cant put into coherent sentences! I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.

It's likely I'm not reading it right, but I'm not sure I see anything out of place in his comments. The dolphins looked like they suck monkey butt. Maybe they do suck monkey butt. Maybe Bill knows his team rolled over a poop instead of a football team.

If so, he doesn't want his players sleeping thru practice next week. If I were him, I'd be inclined to say something similar.

Dolphins were a Pop warner team last night. That defense had the wind sucked out of it when Henne over threw the fade pass on 4th and 1/2 a yard on the goal line...next play BOOM 99 yard TD and it was over.

The Phins got A$$ Raped last night and that is why you saw Brady with a smile. Don't you know he loves the Mangina?

LL

Dolphins were a Pop warner team last night. That defense had the wind sucked out of it when Henne over threw the fade pass on 4th and 1/2 a yard on the goal line...next play BOOM 99 yard TD and it was over.

The Phins got A$$ Raped last night and that is why you saw Brady with a smile. Don't you know he loves the Mangina?

LL

That's it. That game was a lot closer then the score indicated. Daboll got cute on the 1 yard line. They punch that in, and it could be a different game.

I've been watching the Fish's O all summer, Daboll has done a great job installing his "Left Lane" offense. it fits Henne's skills very well. They are going to score some points this year, and be a tough out. Their D is much better then it showed last night

Rex walk in your house kisses your wife on the cheek and winks at you to let you know he thinks she's lovely. Belli walk in shakes her hand tells you she's lovely then offers her a Nike box of cash to blow him in the downstairs washroom when you go get him a drink.

Thats the difference.

Rex walk in your house kisses your wife on the cheek and winks at you to let you know he thinks she's lovely. Belli walk in shakes her hand tells you she's lovely then offers her a Nike box of cash to blow him in the downstairs washroom when you go get him a drink.

Thats the difference.

Where do you come up with this stuff? :lol:

That's it. That game was a lot closer then the score indicated. Daboll got cute on the 1 yard line. They punch that in, and it could be a different game.

I've been watching the Fish's O all summer, Daboll has done a great job installing his "Left Lane" offense. it fits Henne's skills very well. They are going to score some points this year, and be a tough out. Their D is much better then it showed last night

Honestly, I think the score was a lot closer than the actual game. I must have been watching something different.

Thats the difference.

You mean kisses his wife on her well manicured feet...c'mon now, get it right.

He is right, his defense sucks. His teams have gotten smacked out of the playoffs the past two years. They seemingly have not addressed that.

But hey leaving Tom Brady in at the 2nd of a 4th quarter game with a 14 point lead so he can set some records, that is just totally cool (and humble).

He is right, his defense sucks. His teams have gotten smacked out of the playoffs the past two years. They seemingly have not addressed that.

But hey leaving Tom Brady in at the 2nd of a 4th quarter game with a 14 point lead so he can set some records, that is just totally cool (and humble).

if the defense sucks, well then, one could assume that a 14 point lead is far from secure, correct?

You guys hate him. I don't blame yah. I'm not a fan of your coach either.

Oooop, my bad, Cheesburger. Still, I'm pretty sure that given the opportunity, Rex would kiss a ladies feet rather than her cheek. His brother Rob even said he was a kinky bastard.

BTW, although the Pats secondary bugs me, the safties suck and the linebackers - ugh.....interestingly enough, the Pats defense let up as many points as the Jets did on Sunday night.

Oooop, my bad, Cheesburger. Still, I'm pretty sure that given the opportunity, Rex would kiss a ladies feet rather than her cheek. His brother Rob even said he was a kinky bastard.

BTW, although the Pats secondary bugs me, the safties suck and the linebackers - ugh.....interestingly enough, the Pats defense let up as many points as the Jets did on Sunday night.

Foot jokes. Meh, bringing your A game I see...

They gave up a lot of yards to a sub par offense . Brady is not going to throw for 500 yards vs the elite teams in this league you can bet on that and Belichick knows this. What made his SB teams great was a solid defense and I still dont see that type of Defense in NE neither does Bill

Dolphags did not have a DeMarcus Ware as well.

We will see what happens head to head! Can't wait!

Thank God...Ware scares me. :) They will be meeting up with him soon enough. Hopefully Romo acts like his usual self. Never seen a QB so over-rated. Wait, nope, I've seen a few before.

Speaking of beasts....I thought Cameron Wake was supposed to be one.

Didn't read the quote, but if you honestly thing a defenisve guy is happy watching Chad ******* Henne shred his defense you are crazy...

With that defense, I wouldn't consider 14 pts secure.. lol

I mean they were putrid... They weren't playing a good offensive team remember... If the two times miami was down there they just ran the ball or threw screens rather then forcing it to Marshall, that game is a lot closer then it ended up

Humble pie.

if the defense sucks, well then, one could assume that a 14 point lead is far from secure, correct?

You guys hate him. I don't blame yah. I'm not a fan of your coach either.

Thats your fault, we have the coolest coach possibly in the history of sports. You have the devil.

Archived