if Curtis Granderson does NOT win the AL MVP.....

Blackout

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said Verlander a month ago and I am going to stay with him. I know alot of folks don't consider a pitcher to be an MVP candidate but to me without Verlander the Tigers probably don't make the post season.

10-0 in his last 10 starts

24 wins this season

ERA under 2.30

Teams are hitting 190 against him this year.

He should get Cy Young and MVP

I said Verlander a month ago and I am going to stay with him. I know alot of folks don't consider a pitcher to be an MVP candidate but to me without Verlander the Tigers probably don't make the post season.

24 wins this season

ERA under 2.30

They don't make the post season without Cabrera either.

24 wins this season

ERA under 2.30

As good as Verlander's been, he's not close to being as dominant as Pedro was in 1999 and nobody even suggested Pedro should be MVP that year.

As good as Verlander's been, he's not close to being as dominant as Pedro was in 1999 and nobody even suggested Pedro should be MVP that year.

So Bautista is ruled out because he is on a bad team even though he has the best numbers, but Verlander is discounted because his numbers don't rival someone from 1999? Do you mean to contradict yourself or are you accidentally wrong?

So Bautista is ruled out because he is on a bad team even though he has the best numbers, but Verlander is discounted because his numbers don't rival someone from 1999? Do you mean to contradict yourself or are you accidentally wrong?

How is that a contradiction?

They are two separate issues.

And you should be on my side because I defended a Red Sox.

How is that a contradiction?

They are two separate issues.

And you should be on my side because I defended a Red Sox.

True, but I am not on your side in this one. You argued Bautista's numbers didn't matter because his team was awful. I would argue it doesn't matter how historically great Verlander's numbers are because of how valuable he has actually been to his team. When Pedroia won he didn't have the best numbers that season or historically, but he meant so much to his team, he was the choice.

True, but I am not on your side in this one. You argued Bautista's numbers didn't matter because his team was awful. I would argue it doesn't matter how historically great Verlander's numbers are because of how valuable he has actually been to his team. When Pedroia won he didn't have the best numbers that season or historically, but he meant so much to his team, he was the choice.

Pedrioa had great numbers from a position that generally doesn't carry great offensive production. That's why he won...not because he "meant so much to his team."

You just made my argument for Granderson, thank you.

I'm philosophically opposed to starting pitchers winning the MVP. Only appearing in 33-36 games can't make you nearly as impactful as an everyday player. Plus they have the Cy Young, which is pretty much the MVP for pitchers (which is why CC got robbed last year, I don't give a rats a$$ what Hernandez's ERA was.)

If a pitcher is going to win it, it should be a closer. Closing out half or more of your team's wins is unquestionable more valuable to me than winning as many as 25 games. I hate Dennis Eckersly but his MVP was well deserved. Without him, that A's team wouldn't have gone anywhere.

they have the Cy Young, which is pretty much the MVP for pitchers (which is why CC got robbed last year, I don't give a rats a$$ what Hernandez's ERA was..

No, the Cy Young award is for the best pitcher. If you want to penalize pitchers for only affecting the outcome of 1/5 of their team's games with respect to MVP consideration, then you can't penalize them for lack of run support or what happens during the 4/5 of games when they sit on the bench and eat sunflower seeds.

No, the Cy Young award is for the best pitcher. If you want to penalize pitchers for only affecting the outcome of 1/5 of their team's games with respect to MVP consideration, then you can't penalize them for lack of run support or what happens during the 4/5 of games when they sit on the bench and eat sunflower seeds.

Who said you could? Hernandez had a .500 record.

Then Verlander getting 25 wins is meaningless and should have no impact on the MVP race.

GRANDERSON IS THE MVP!!!

There isnt a pitcher this year that should win the MVP. Verlander would have won the Cy Young with 15 wins(although Weaver is close)

Bautista is the MVP because he's having easily the best season...but we've been over this already.

There isnt a pitcher this year that should win the MVP. Verlander would have won the Cy Young with 15 wins(although Weaver is close)

Bautista is the MVP because he's having easily the best season...but we've been over this already.

WRONG!!!!

Bautista is the Hank Aaron Award winner. Curtis Granderson is the MVP.

A .270 hitter who ranks 4th in Offensive WAR and 5th in OPS while batting 2nd for a team that ranks 2nd in the league in runs and OBP.... not impressed.

Throw all of your nerd stats out the window. Granderson has produced 212 runs this year. Is anyone even close? Runs win games my friend.

Sabremetric this MFer!

Archived