Calm Down, You Can't Win 'Em All

SoFlaJets

It's not possible to kill Sanchez in this loss. Outside of his lone INT he fought through his oline offering him NO time and him scrambling around trying to make defenders miss. The defense was really underwhelming this week after the monster game they had last year. I think we had 1 sack the whole game and that was it. Defense was really quiet against a very average QB.

I hope we bounce back next week. Ravens are coming off a very lopsided win. It would be nice to go in there and upset them.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raiders were 0-8 on third down conversions. Good job defense GREAT GAME!!. .....there's a stat for all you stat guys who are in love with Sanchez' 50% completion and 300+ yards. Stats mean nothing, lack of confidence in Sanchez' game is a huge problem on this team and it will show more in the coming weeks when Baltimore and New England stack the box and leave a spy on Sanchez to read his eyes. You shall see.... I hope I'm wrong.

You are wrong, theyre gonna come out these next two games and show the team they really are. Theres no lack of confidence in him if he's throwing the ball 43 times. Maybe if he didnt have to peel himself off the turf every other play he would have time to find receivers instead of being forced to check down.

Don't worry, jets will always be also rans with Senor Manuel and Sexy Rexy. You'll never be in the Show. never win it. Barring injuries, some of the best teams i see out there are Detroit, Baltimore and Green Bay. Jets wont go deep this year. Sanchez is a scrapper, i'll concede, but can be had and mistake prone. Sanchez wont take you to the show.

Thanks for your trolling insight

we got killed by the officials too today Vic-McFadden's 70 yarder? It was like a WWF tag team of holds and takedowns-2 dropped TDs by our scrub TE's also didn't help-where was the PI calls by Oakland-they were raping Plax and Tone out there today-I saw this one coming-this was a little gift to Al Davis from the league

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed all those potential holding penalties on that play. Watching that replay made me realize the refs were never gonna call a fair game. BTW, how did Cro get so many calls, but that strickland TD pass try that wasn't a penatly? I don't understand what the refs are watching sometimes.

we got killed by the officials too today Vic-McFadden's 70 yarder? It was like a WWF tag team of holds and takedowns-2 dropped TDs by our scrub TE's also didn't help-where was the PI calls by Oakland-they were raping Plax and Tone out there today-I saw this one coming-this was a little gift to Al Davis from the league

Look, I don't like to blame officials. It feels cheap. We did enough to beat ourselves, from coaching on down. The officials made it tougher, but they weren't even a major reason.

No those dropped passes by the TE's that hit them in the chest were Sanchez's fault :rolleyes: lol Ridiculous.

Don't worry, jets will always be also rans with Senor Manuel and Sexy Rexy. You'll never be in the Show. never win it. Barring injuries, some of the best teams i see out there are Detroit, Baltimore and Green Bay. Jets wont go deep this year. Sanchez is a scrapper, i'll concede, but can be had and mistake prone. Sanchez wont take you to the show.

Bye.

Hey MIKE didnt a team that hasnt been in the playoffs in over a decade just whip Brady's azz today? Nuff said. NE cant win a sb with 10, 5 ft tall whiteboys on offense, it doesnt quite get it done in todays game. ;)

It's not that we can't win them all. It's that we can't win when the defense has a bad game.

There's some truth to this, with a few exceptions here and there. I think the problem is that every loss in the Rex era always seems to be geared more around disorganization and ruhtardedness, rather than just having a bad game or getting beaten by a better team.

Warmest greetings, jets fans. Wow, it takes the edge of the pats loss that you guys choked in Oak. Glad to take advantage of your long west coast trip and Mangold abscence. Would have been tough if you guys took it but you saved the day. I'm hoping that Haynes'y gets his sh*t together in time to give senor Manny sanchez a nice warm bear hug in two weeks.....

What a dick, now go back to mommy's basement.

I think the big issue with the loss is that the defense was again smoked against a competent NFL offense. This is two games where they have been completely ineffective. That worries me and if they do it again next week (win or lose) the alarm should go off. The Jets have big money invested in a few key players and they need to step up in these games. I think Cro was picked on unfairly by the officials, but there is no excuse for Harris and Scott to be so bad today. The Jets proably have more money invested in the ILB position than any team in the NFL and they were nowhere to be found.

I think the big issue with the loss is that the defense was again smoked against a competent NFL offense. This is two games where they have been completely ineffective. That worries me and if they do it again next week (win or lose) the alarm should go off. The Jets have big money invested in a few key players and they need to step up in these games. I think Cro was picked on unfairly by the officials, but there is no excuse for Harris and Scott to be so bad today. The Jets proably have more money invested in the ILB position than any team in the NFL and they were nowhere to be found.

I blame Wayne Hunter. A simple switch at RT fixes everything, including the offensive play calling. :)

I'll tell ya, the thing that I keep thinking about was that LR interview with Matt Slauson on SNY post game live. Did anybody else see that? He said they "KNEW" they were gonna have trouble with the way that group of officials were going to call that game ane they were sure as hell right there.

mikepatriot? Funny how you share the same first name of another Pats douche troll who is banned from this football board.....

It's not that we can't win them all. It's that we can't win when the defense has a bad game.

Saying the defense had a bad game is like saying Sanchez has thrown a bad pass or two in his career. Outside of a handful of drives in the first half, the Jets D looked like the single worst unit in the league, it was pathetic. Of course, that's not to say they're solely to blame. This is one of those where everyone earned their own share, from Rex, Schotty and Pettine down to pretty much every single player on the active roster for the game outside of maybe Mark Brunell, TJ Conley and Nick Folk, who just weren't given enough opportunities to **** something up.

Saying the defense had a bad game is like saying Sanchez has thrown a bad pass or two in his career. Outside of a handful of drives in the first half, the Jets D looked like the single worst unit in the league, it was pathetic. Of course, that's not to say they're solely to blame. This is one of those where everyone earned their own share, from Rex, Schotty and Pettine down to pretty much every single player on the active roster for the game outside of maybe Mark Brunell, TJ Conley and Nick Folk, who just weren't given enough opportunities to **** something up.

and add to that perhaps the single most blatantly one-sided job of officiating since that 2005 Pittsburgh RS game...we had NO chance

Meh...both teams had ticky tack calls.

It was the exact opposite of the Dallas game.

Also, 2 dropped TD's by back-up TE's and that Sanchez pick was the 1st time since he got here that I was questioning Sanchez' decision making ability. He's got to do what Vinny was made to do by Parcells in '98 THROW THE BALL AWAY and live to play another play

That one play with the offsetting penalties was probably the single worst job of officiating I have ever seen in my entire life. There was sure as hell nothing close to roughing the passer and let's be honest, it's even idiotic to call that intentional grounding. The only thing that made it somewhat tolerable is that at least they ****ed up on both sides so that it was offsetting, but it basically summed up how god awful those officials were yesterday.

That said, as horrible as it was, that's nowhere near the top of the list for the reasons the Jets lost. There's an entire coaching staff and pretty much everyone on the active roster who all have a big chunk of blame to share around.

Ticky tack calls don't matter. The holding on the DMC run doesn't matter. The Refs were awful yesterday. Rex even needed to throw a challenge flag on a ball that clearly skipped across the ground.

BUT, the NFL has emphasised the blow to the QB helmet calls this offseason, and Sanchez was punched in the helmet and face multiple times (led to possible proken nose) and not one roughing the passer call. That's a problem. Sanchez is getting the Vick treatment.

Ticky tack calls don't matter. The holding on the DMC run doesn't matter. The Refs were awful yesterday. Rex even needed to throw a challenge flag on a ball that clearly skipped across the ground.

BUT, the NFL has emphasised the blow to the QB helmet calls this offseason, and Sanchez was punched in the helmet and face multiple times (led to possible proken nose) and not one roughing the passer call. That's a problem. Sanchez is getting the Vick treatment.

The NFL obviously hates minorities.

Saying the defense had a bad game is like saying Sanchez has thrown a bad pass or two in his career.

No. It's like saying the defense had a bad game. It happens to everybody. Steelers looked like crap against the Ravens, Ravens looked like crap against the Titans. It's not like they literally forgot how to tackle. We didn't get up for a 4:00 game on the West coast and wound up giving up the most rushing yards we'd allowed in god knows how long. Fluke. Happens. The problem is that as long as Sanchez is the quarterback we simply can't afford to have anything else go wrong, and things are going to go wrong. The defense isn't going to be lights out every time. Our ridiculous good fortune in maintaining offensive line continuity and avoiding key injuries was never going to hold out. Of course, try explaining regression to the mean and luck around here when everything is actually going according to plan. You have to overcome adversity to win the Super Bowl and you can't do that when the quarterback is always part of the problem.

Archived