The Irony, brought to you by Peter King!

JetsFanInDenver

1. Green Bay (3-0). Jermichael Finley told everyone he was ready to take his place among the Gonzalez/Witten/Gates elite of NFL tight ends. Guess we should have listened.

2. Baltimore (2-1). Just when it seemed like the Ravens might have enough offense without him, Torrey Smith appears. Explosively.

3. New England (2-1). At some point, the Patriots are going to put some draft emphasis on finding a pass-rush. In the last four seasons, in average passing yards per game, New England allowed 190.1, 201.4, 209.7 and 258.5. Who would have thought the Pats would be allowing 377 passing yards per week, through three weeks?

4. New Orleans (2-1). How fun is it to watch Drew Brees take a team on his back and win a game it has little business winning?

5. Detroit (3-0). Schwartz for Mayor! Do you have any doubt he could win?

6. Houston (2-1). Hard to say you're making progress when you surrender 40 points and 370 passing yards, but if you watched the game, you know there was a lot of good about Houston's defensive effort. And James Casey too. The local kid -- Casey went to Rice -- looks like a long-term keeper, an offensive tight end with good athleticism.

7. Buffalo (3-0). On the last two Sundays, you can't tell me there hasn't been a spike in visits to western New York cardiac units.

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz1Z5JEKacv

Thought an update would be a lot better than starting a new thread:

So i came across this prediction on this weeks Pats vs Jets game from who else...

Pats: 30 Jets: 16

New York Jets (2-2) at New England Patriots (3-1)

I'm not good at tabloid headlines. But let me guess at the Boston Herald's back page Monday: "PATS BLOW OUT BLOWHARDS."

I am glad he doesn't just cop out and put the teams with the best records first. If Buffalo and the Ravens were playing on a neutral field tomorrow, you taking the Bills? He ranks them by who he thinks is the strongest team and not who happens to have played the most favorable schedule to date. His Pats love is out of control, but no way should the Bills be much higher than they are on his list. They have beaten one decent team and it was a home game.

I am glad he doesn't just cop out and put the teams with the best records first. If Buffalo and the Ravens were playing on a neutral field tomorrow, you taking the Bills? He ranks them by who he thinks is the strongest team and not who happens to have played the most favorable schedule to date. His Pats love is out of control, but no way should the Bills be much higher than they are on his list. They have beaten one decent team and it was a home game.

and the #3 team has to at least have a defense capable of stopping a high school team

and the #3 team has to at least have a defense capable of stopping a high school team

....or a nose bleed.

The pats' offense can score enough points to win - usually (in the regular season). If Brady has a "bad" game (and yesterday wasn't all that bad - 4 picks aside - and yes, I know that sounds weird) the defense can't hold. The run defense is "okay" - it's the pass defense that - for the love of G-d, what is it??? Was bend but don't break...now it's bend and shatters into a million pieces?

I'd be okay with it if I actually saw improvement from week one, but I don't.

Tom Brady and the offense may be good enough to put them at the #10 spot. No better than that.

Personally I agree, but you can make a case for his view due to the number of losses the team has had over the last two years versus everyone else. King is a Pats lover, he's going to give them every benefit of the doubt.

....or a nose bleed.

The pats' offense can score enough points to win - usually (in the regular season). If Brady has a "bad" game (and yesterday wasn't all that bad - 4 picks aside - and yes, I know that sounds weird) the defense can't hold. The run defense is "okay" - it's the pass defense that - for the love of G-d, what is it??? Was bend but don't break...now it's bend and shatters into a million pieces?

I'd be okay with it if I actually saw improvement from week one, but I don't.

Tom Brady and the offense may be good enough to put them at the #10 spot. No better than that.

only way for NE to win is for their offense to be on. not even tom brady can have a good day every day, unless we're talking about his hair.

meh, if the bills and pats are playing tomorrow, no matter where the venue, I'm betting on the Pats...

They SHOULD be ranked ahead of them

I took the bills outright and won. So there is that. At this point, I think the bills matchup well against the pats and are playing well.

meh, if the bills and pats are playing tomorrow, no matter where the venue, I'm betting on the Pats...

They SHOULD be ranked ahead of them

Brady threw 4 INTS and still it was a 3 point game that the Bills won in the final seconds.

The Bills are a nice story, but I doubt they will be there at the end,

Interesting stat- Brady has thrown the least amount of passes over 20 yards of any QB in the league.

Not surprising, they seem to have gone back to the approach where dumpoffs to Welker replace running plays.... Great for Welker owners in fantasy, but good defenses can game plan for it.

Not surprising, they seem to have gone back to the approach where dumpoffs to Welker replace running plays.... Great for Welker owners in fantasy, but good defenses can game plan for it.

They were also without Hernandez. As I say, two tight end sets or die.

Archived