Should Pool Start?

TNJet

Should Brodney Pool start at safety instead of E. Smith? I noticed the lack of speed in our secondary yesterday, as McFadden blazed past us on a regular basis. Also is Leonhard really our best option? I know he's a tough guy but...Well answer me this: Would Rhodes and Pool have played better than Leonard and Smith? I wonder sometimes. Speed kills.

Should Brodney Pool start at safety instead of E. Smith? I noticed the lack of speed in our secondary yesterday, as McFadden blazed past us on a regular basis. Also is Leonhard really our best option? I know he's a tough guy but...Well answer me this: Would Rhodes and Pool have played better than Leonard and Smith? I wonder sometimes. Speed kills.

Rhodes is now the anchor for one of the leagues worst defenses. Lets not forget.

Smith got caught inside and manhandled by one of Oakland's OL. Holding would have been questionable. That said I don't fault him too much for that one play as the Raiders to advantage of the Jets seemingly off balanced look. Was the right call at the right time and DMC took care of the rest. With that said Smith appears to have been the guy supposed to set the corner but he got caught flat foooted and eaten up.

No. He's been having a pretty good season. However, if you want to replace someone I have an offensive coordinator to talk to you about.

I think Pool should start because his coverage numbers are just much better. The thing is Rex likes to kick down into the 46 from either side, so platooning the position with one guy who's better deep but not a good blitzer and another who can blitz but not cover is sort of an unsatisfactory compromise. I guess Rex can live with Smith in coverage better than with Pool coming off the edge.

+1 if pool is to play it's at the expense of Leonard not Smith. Jim Leonard is the weakest link right now.

2010. Leonhard gets hurt. Jets lose 45-3. Leonhard returns to health. Jets end up in AFC Title game. He's the QB of our defense, and your irrational hatred of him and stubborn nature in general is one of many reasons why I never visit your draft site.

2010. Leonhard gets hurt. Jets lose 45-3. Leonhard returns to health. Jets end up in AFC Title game. He's the QB of our defense, and your irrational hatred of him and stubborn nature in general is one of many reasons why I never visit your draft site.

Sorry dude but again, you make a correlation that is flawed and hold it up as proof. Smith was a monster in the playoffs last year while Leonard was in a cast. The Jets won against top-notch teams without Leonard. As far as losing 45-3, our offense put up 3 points and never moved the ball an inch. How does leonard help that?. Leonard is not as good as we all pretend. He is the little engine that could--but no team accounts for him especially. Smith is the banger WR's keep in the corner of their eye.

I blame Ducasse .If he didn't wiff on a block that got turner hurt ,which in turn forced us to trade a 7th round draft pick for a guard that was going to get cut from the Packers , which in turn forces us to trade Dwight Lowery to Jacksonville to recover our 7th round pick Lowery would have been our best safety , and probably starting by now. He should kill himself

YES! Thank you for this thread,.been screaming all year so far. Smith sucks.

I was saying the same thing, then he had a great game against JAX (then again, who on this defense didn't play well against them) so I tried to give him another chance....back to my original thought....Bring in Pool!

I blame Ducasse .If he didn't wiff on a block that got turner hurt

watch that play again very closely Rob turner got pushed back at point of attack... something that happens alot to Rob Turner by the way, he's not as big as the Jets front office wants their OL to be... so arguably if Rob Turner holds his ground his legs don't get rolled up on

it should also be noted that Sanchez stepped up, again if Mark threw it away or sidestepped or anything else, that also doesn't happen.

finally JJ Watt is an absolute beast and he's the one that broke Turner's leg, not Ducasse.

about 100 variables are in place for that unfortunate play to occur it wasn't just as simple as Vlad injured Rob Turner. it's not even an accurate statement.

Archived