Anybody watching the Giants-Bills?

#27TheDominator

This game is insane. Two LONG touchdowns for the Bills. Cmon Giants.

Yeah. It's the first time I'm rooting for them since the super bowl. So far the Bills style seems like it might be trouble for the Jets. They have been (mostly) stopping the run and their offense has been predicated on big speed plays. Sounds like the Raiders game all over again

#23 on the Giants look like when I would play Madden and then accidentally take control of a defensive player near the ball. It's like he had a good line to tackle the receiver and then just inexplicably ran the wrong way and ended up taking out his own guy.

BTW, another miracle TD for Stafford. It wasn't even Johnson. Throws into double coverage and Pettigrew bails him out

Don't you know? That obviously makes him a great QB. I really don't get the hype with that guy. Not that he's bad, but most other QBs in the league make these same throws and it would be pick after pick and they would be crucified for it. Just because something works out doesn't mean it's a good decision. If he keeps it up, it's only going to be a matter of time before a team makes him pay and these Lions start looking like the one's we've been used to seeing for years now.

If he keeps it up, it's only going to be a matter of time before a team makes him pay and these Lions start looking like the one's we've been used to seeing for years now.

I wasn't a believer in this Lions team, but they're serious contenders out of the NFC. They have a stout defense, for the first time in forever. This Detroit defense plays tough. As far as their offense? Very talented. Best is an explosive talent coming out of the backfield, Calvin Johnson is the best thing since Randy Moss of his prime years, and Pettigrew is one of the best pass catching TE's around. It'll be hard for Stafford to fail. This Lions team, will NOT start to look like Detroit teams of years past, it just won't happen.

As opposed to sanchez's non-costly league leading turnovers??

This is only Mark's 3rd year in the league. Fitz? He's a 6th year veteran. He's not very good. Career rating of 76.0. If Sanchez is heading into his 6th year, with a career QB ratinf of 76.0... He would have been a complete failure. I have a very strong feeling, Sanchez will finish with a QB rating of 90+ this season and won't look back from there.

What happened to this career JAG in Fitzpatrick being "better" than Mark Sanchez? Fitz has thrown two costly INT's today, and I mean costly.

Laugh. Out. Loud. I'd put some hard, hard coin down that if Sanchez even puts up close to the statline that Fitzpatrick has today, even if they lose, we can expect a Monday morning thesis on how it's proof positive of his potential.

Well it's a good thing I really don't care seeing the Bills lose. It's actually rather hysterical watching the kind of things the Bills' got constantly called for PI on and then some of the raping the Giants DBs pulled, and definitely on that last drive, against the Bills and yet not a thing was called. NFL officiating is quickly becoming the biggest joke in pro sports.

The main thing anyone should be taking from this game is what the hell Buffalo was thinking in assuming they had the luxury of taking Spiller last year. They have the worst defensive line in the league and it's not even close. They are good enough to get to the playoffs but with issues like they have up front I can't imagine them being able to do much.

Laugh. Out. Loud. I'd put some hard, hard coin down that if Sanchez even puts up close to the statline that Fitzpatrick has today, even if they lose, we can expect a Monday morning thesis on how it's proof positive of his potential.

DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO PUT UP 244 YARDS AGAINST THAT DOLPHINS DEFENSE? No? Well, let me spell it out for you !!

yeah Thanks, Tanny.

I was positive that trading two 20-something WR for two guys in their twilight was an unnecessary blunder that has badly hurt the chemistry and the athleticism of the offense, but now watching the Buffalo game and seeing Brad Smith.....a dimension of our offense that we stripped away and gave to Buffalo!!!

Yes, since we are hell bent on blaming one guy for this year's woes, Tanny wins, hands down. Throw out everything he has done to this point. He fell asleep this year and as a result has mangled our offense.....and as a bonus, gave it to BUFFALO!!! Nice job, bonehead!!

A Fire Tanny! thread is needed long before schotty. Tanny didn't do his job, and we suck because of it.

Muhammad Wilkerson? For two years we are teetering on the brink of greatness, missing ONE element, and in year three of this problem, we get MW as our answer. Oh and Buffalo's version of Vernon Gholston. huh

Boy, Buffalo put a skirt on us and took us to prom this year!! lol Tanny Sucks!! lol

This is only Mark's 3rd year in the league. Fitz? He's a 6th year veteran. He's not very good. Career rating of 76.0. If Sanchez is heading into his 6th year, with a career QB ratinf of 76.0... He would have been a complete failure. I have a very strong feeling, Sanchez will finish with a QB rating of 90+ this season and won't look back from there.

You really have to learn that past previous year performances have absolutely no baring on the current season's play and stop bringing that up in your arguments to make a point. Right now fitzpatrick is playing the quarterback position better than sanchez; how long they've been in the league or how good they will be in the future is irrelevant when discussing how good they currently are.

yeah Thanks, Tanny.

I was positive that trading two 20-something WR for two guys in their twilight was an unnecessary blunder that has badly hurt the chemistry and the athleticism of the offense, but now watching the Buffalo game and seeing Brad Smith.....a dimension of our offense that we stripped away and gave to Buffalo!!!

Yes, since we are hell bent on blaming one guy for this year's woes, Tanny wins, hands down. Throw out everything he has done to this point. He fell asleep this year and as a result has mangled our offense.....and as a bonus, gave it to BUFFALO!!! Nice job, bonehead!!

A Fire Tanny! thread is needed long before schotty. Tanny didn't do his job, and we suck because of it.

Muhammad Wilkerson? For two years we are teetering on the brink of greatness, missing ONE element, and in year three of this problem, we get MW as our answer. Oh and Buffalo's version of Vernon Gholston. huh

Boy, Buffalo put a skirt on us and took us to prom this year!! lol Tanny Sucks!! lol

I'll agree that Tanny may have dropped the ball this season, but citing brad smith as an example is the best you can come up with?? Really? And Wilkerson has been a very solid rookie thus far. I agree with the premise in Tanny not performing up to par, but the examples you gave aren't the best.

I'll agree that Tanny may have dropped the ball this season, but citing brad smith as an example is the best you can come up with?? Really? And Wilkerson has been a very solid rookie thus far. I agree with the premise in Tanny not performing up to par, but the examples you gave aren't the best.

Forget not the best, those examples are far more of a positive evaluation of Tanny than they are a negative.

yeah Thanks, Tanny.

Brad Smith had 4 carries for 26 yards today and didn't catch a single pass... so...

Braylon Edwards is injured and didn't produce before the injury, so....

What are you talking about?

Also, why are we throwing out everything he has done until this point? WTF?

Fitzpatrick blew that game outright along with questionable play calling.

What would be the thesis if Sanchez underthrows two wide open receivers that badly?

Brad Smith had 4 carries for 26 yards today and didn't catch a single pass... so...

What exactly has Tanny done to get a pass?

We have blundered more draft picks than scored with. We have made questionable personnel moves throughout his tenure as plus we have had some kind of player drama every off season. Are we going to give him an indefinite pass because he drafted Mangold and Revis since 2006. I don't even need to go over how many misses he has had over those years in top draft picks as well as poor free agent selections. I put this seasons blame all on his shoulders. We had the nerve to go after Asomugha when our team was paper thin and our O-line was going with a career backup thrust into a starting role.

Our linebackers are slow as a$$, we need a real safety, and our O-line has needed serious help knowing Woody was coming off injury/wouldn't be back. None of that was addressed this offseason and that is on Tanny's head.

I wasn't a believer in this Lions team, but they're serious contenders out of the NFC. They have a stout defense, for the first time in forever. This Detroit defense plays tough. As far as their offense? Very talented. Best is an explosive talent coming out of the backfield, Calvin Johnson is the best thing since Randy Moss of his prime years, and Pettigrew is one of the best pass catching TE's around. It'll be hard for Stafford to fail. This Lions team, will NOT start to look like Detroit teams of years past, it just won't happen.

Did they just lose to the Niners? FWIW, I don't believe that San Francisco is for real either. I wonder what the Lions will look like against the Packers.

I will say that heaving the ball up to Calvin Johnson in triple coverage is probably safer than throwing quick slants to Holmes and Burress.

So Sanchez gets a pass because of his inexperience? He only played 16 games in college! Meanwhile Fitzpatrick is supposed to have been completely adjusted to the speed of the NFL from his long career at that NCAA powerhouse, Harvard?

I think he was being facetious. 4 for 26 is pretty good.

What exactly has Tanny done to get a pass?

We have blundered more draft picks than scored with. We have made questionable personnel moves throughout his tenure as plus we have had some kind of player drama every off season. Are we going to give him an indefinite pass because he drafted Mangold and Revis since 2006. I don't even need to go over how many misses he has had over those years in top draft picks as well as poor free agent selections. I put this seasons blame all on his shoulders. We had the nerve to go after Asomugha when our team was paper thin and our O-line was going with a career backup thrust into a starting role.

Our linebackers are slow as a$$, we need a real safety, and our O-line has needed serious help knowing Woody was coming off injury/wouldn't be back. None of that was addressed this offseason and that is on Tanny's head.

So you only get credit for draft picks if they are the undisputed best players at their position?

So you only get credit for draft picks if they are the undisputed best players at their position?

No not at all there have been a few good position pickups, but there have been some real stinkers plus he went through a period where he was giving away our draft picks PLUS making some really bad picks. This leads to the depth problem we are having.

I'm not sold on Sanchez at all, which really will define him anyway either way. I just think he gets a little too much credit around here and people seem to give him a pass on the poor draft picks/management too much.

No not at all there have been a few good position pickups, but there have been some real stinkers plus he went through a period where he was giving away our draft picks PLUS making some really bad picks. This leads to the depth problem we are having.

I'm not sold on Sanchez at all, which really will define him anyway either way. I just think he gets a little too much credit around here and people seem to give him a pass on the poor draft picks/management too much.

I don't think he deserves a pass, but I also don't think we can kill him for his drafts the past couple of years. The team has been very good and even the top picks have been depth related. We'll have to see how they pan out in a year or two, but I'm not surprised that guys have struggled to make the rotation. Guys like Wilson and McKnight may be good picks or may actually be dogs. Same with Ducasse, though he seems to be leaning pretty far towards bust already.

I don't think he deserves a pass, but I also don't think we can kill him for his drafts the past couple of years. The team has been very good and even the top picks have been depth related. We'll have to see how they pan out in a year or two, but I'm not surprised that guys have struggled to make the rotation. Guys like Wilson and McKnight may be good picks or may actually be dogs. Same with Ducasse, though he seems to be leaning pretty far towards bust already.

Ducasse is probably going to just continue to suck, but the difference in Wilson from last year to this is staggering, the guy is having one hell of a season. And McKnight has shown at the very least he's got a hell of a lot of ability, and it's just a matter of him getting properly worked into the offense, but he's already proved his worth at least on special teams. Not that Tanny hasn't made some bad picks in recent years, but because of past years mistakes like Gholston and others, people are in this great rush to start declaring guys who are still developing as crappy picks and those 2 are the perfect examples of that. We'll see how it turns out, but while it hasn't been all great, it's also not been as bad as some are trying to paint it either.

Archived