We All Know What We Are Seeing This Year

SoFlaJets

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per espn this morning that they would consider it. Rememeber he is look for a new deal. Lots of ways to aquired him...could be a difference maker. Shonn Green is not an every down back and I still think he should be on the team, but push comes to shove I trade him in a package for Forte.

Seems to depend on the source. I read an article this morning that said they had received calls from at least 2 teams but told them they weren't interested in making a deal, so who the hell knows.

Dude, I live in Jacksonville. No one in this town was crying over this dude leaving.

Your proximity to the situation doesn't mean you know what you are talking about. He just resigned with the team that supposedly dumped him and where no one was sad to see him go. Thanks for the good laugh.

Your proximity to the situation doesn't mean you know what you are talking about. He just resigned with the team that supposedly dumped him and where no one was sad to see him go. Thanks for the good laugh.

He want from one bad WR group to another. Not to mention he's going to back to play with an even worse QB than what he had in St Louis. He's not that good.

Have you seen the Jags receiving corps? Me and Crusher would be a huge upgrade over what they currently have.

Just did a quick poll of my Jaguar fan co-workers about them re-signing Sims-Walker. The most positive response I got was a shoulder shrug combined with a "well I guess he's better than what we have."

Yeah, I saw that snap count in one of the articles you posted and that's really amazing if you think about it. It really boggles the mind that this guy isn't getting more opportunities just to be on the field if nothing else, even if the play isn't designed to go to him.

As SFJ said, "Changes are coming".

Think they are trying to give Plax every chance they can. The 50 yard pass in garbage time was evidence of that. As time goes on McKnight will get more reps.

He's shown on KO returns that he is trouble in space. They threw to him over the middle last night. Think they were just seeing if he had the nerve for it.

He seems to

Spiller lined out a ton for the Bills against the Giants. No reason the Jets cant do the same with McKnight....he's not a guy that's going to do well taking hand offs, but he obviously has some skills that we need to take advantage of.

Why not?

I understand the guy is very small, but seems perfect to keep D's spread by testing the edges. They ran wide twice with Greene who has no outside speed. Why not give McKnight that job?

Once in awhile let him hit inside if D's start to spread to much. Think the guys earned a shot.

Certainly a different player then we saw last year. Some players get it, some don't

Why not?

I understand the guy is very small, but seems perfect to keep D's spread by testing the edges. They ran wide twice with Greene who has no outside speed. Why not give McKnight that job?

Once in awhile let him hit inside if D's start to spread to much. Think the guys earned a shot.

Certainly a different player then we saw last year. Some players get it, some don't

Joe McKnight and Cris Johnson are the same size with Joe being a little heavier...just saying

As much as we all love this team we know that this is maybe an 8-8, 9-7 team at best. Changes are going to have to be made.

I think that is the plan. I think they have someone in mind for next year, maybe super mario, or just want to keep cap room in general

SB in 2014 baby !!! first home team eva !!!

As much as we all love this team we know that this is maybe an 8-8, 9-7 team at best. Changes are going to have to be made.

To be honest I think we were that same team record wise in 2009 and 2010. We caught huge breaks and got hot down the stretch each of those seasons.

Same can happen with this team but with the running game and defense not looking as good as past two seasons it will be a tall order.

To be honest I think we were that same team record wise in 2009 and 2010. We caught huge breaks and got hot down the stretch each of those seasons.

Same can happen with this team but with the running game and defense not looking as good as past two seasons it will be a tall order.

Pretty much...with mediocre up and down QB play, this is the life of the NFL. Sometimes you catch breaks and sometimes you dont. Maybe this is the Bills year they catch those breaks.

Sigh.

The Jets don't develop their younger players. The Jets didn't maintain continuity from last year. The Jets go after the "big splash", they ignore depth. WHY DON'T THE JETS DO SOMETHING AT THE TRADE DEADLINE! Without it they are barely better than a 500 team.

I'm not trying to bash Jimmy or anybody else, but I don't think they are a bad team. I think they are still trying different things on defense. I know that it is convenient to claim they are "declining" (**** you Steve Young) or not as good, I honestly think that they have made an effort to get more turnovers. That is happening and that it comes at the expense of yards and scores can't be a surprise. The offense hasn't found itself yet, but there is no reason to think this team can't put it together. That doesn't mean they are favorites or a slam dunk even to make the playoffs, but I certainly wouldn't count them out and I wouldn't want to be playing them if I were a top contender either. Enjoy the ride.

yea Dom I'm not taking anything personally here, I'm just calling it the way i see it. Who knows maybe we win out and go 13-3-it could happen, I HOPE it happens. It was good to see the OLine get back on track and say what they will about Santonio Holmes' leadership or lack there of, his words did seem to light a fire under the unit.

All I know is I'd much rather be a Jets fan today than a Dolphins fan, they are frigging miserable right now with half the fanbase hoping they lose out and it's not even Halloween yet. We went through that a few years ago and there isn't a worst way to be a football fan than that.

yea Dom I'm not taking anything personally here, I'm just calling it the way i see it. Who knows maybe we win out and go 13-3-it could happen, I HOPE it happens. It was good to see the OLine get back on track and say what they will about Santonio Holmes' leadership or lack there of, his words did seem to light a fire under the unit.

All I know is I'd much rather be a Jets fan today than a Dolphins fan, they are frigging miserable right now with half the fanbase hoping they lose out and it's not even Halloween yet. We went through that a few years ago and there isn't a worst way to be a football fan than that.

KICK 'EM WHEN THEY'RE DOWN! KICK 'EM WHEN THEY'RE DOWN!

KICK 'EM WHEN THEY'RE DOWN! KICK 'EM WHEN THEY'RE DOWN!

It's a little different when you live down here among them Dom, a lot of people you really like and who support you are Fins fans and you just can't be a dick to them because they're your friends

This very well could be a lull year and we come back strong next year. Its happened a lot to some very good teams . The key is we have a good core and a few changes can turn this team around in a hurry like getting some serious skill players on Offense in here.

This very well could be a lull year and we come back strong next year. Its happened a lot to some very good teams . The key is we have a good core and a few changes can turn this team around in a hurry like getting some serious skill players on Offense in here.

Stability is the key word for me there Smash. Get Sanchez weapons that he can gel with over a few years time. Look at how Manning, Brady, Brees and Rivers have had 3 or 4 guys that you can figure on being there every year and let them build some chemistry together. Sanchez has never had that. Here's what he's had to work with since he got here:

Sanchez would be so much better if we'd only have kept Chansi Stuckey around for 3 years.

As I think about this more and more I'm convinced that this is perhaps the biggest problem. Look, on defense there has been continuity, it's virtually been the same defense since Rex got here with the exception of a few slots. Fifteen of the the 19 names listed above are gone, how is the offense ever going to get on track when guys are shuttled in and out every week it seems?

Someone started a thread about Rex being a 1 dimensional coach and they are right. He needs to take more interest into the personell on THAT side of the ball and not leave it all up to the offensive coaches.

Have you seen the Jags receiving corps? Me and Crusher would be a huge upgrade over what they currently have.

Just did a quick poll of my Jaguar fan co-workers about them re-signing Sims-Walker. The most positive response I got was a shoulder shrug combined with a "well I guess he's better than what we have."

Is Matt Jones available?

SoFla, I just don't think the problem is changeover of receivers. Sanchez was perfectly comfortable with Cotchery, then Jerricho suddenly had the worst season of his pro career. Dustin Keller has been here as long as Sanchez has, and has done the same thing every year (3 or 4 excellent games, then he disappears).

The biggest problems are: 1) Systematic failure of the entire offensive unit (Schottenheimer) and 2) Inability of the quarterback to process NFL defenses quickly and make the proper decisions on a consistent basis (Sanchez).

If the problem was simply Sanchez being comfortable with receivers, we'd see improvement over the course of the season as he gets into a rhythm with Holmes and Burress. But we aren't seeing that. Nor have we ever seen growth in his relationship with Keller. This is because, for whatever the reason, Sanchez hasn't improved.

In short, Schottenheimer sucks, and Sanchez probably sucks too. That's never a good combination. The Saints have Sean Payton-Drew Brees. The Packers have Mike McCarthy-Aaron Rodgers. Hell, even Jason Garrett-Tony Romo are a pretty solid duo.

Meanwhile, we get a couple of retards. It's like the blind leading the blind. It's time to stop looking for inconsequential scapegoats and realize that our issues on offense run deep.

What we need are a great offensive mind who has been around the league for a while and, at some point, we may need a change at quarterback. I hope the former makes the latter unnecessary, but it can't be ruled out.

It's a combination of all those things but again, I'm starting to put the blame right where it always belongs bro, on the head Coach of the New York jets Rex Ryan. How can he NOT see how much better the offense performs when the go hurry up and not DEMAND to see more? It's on Ryan, he just delegates too much authority to a many times inept and very mediocre OC without holding him accountable or putting some of his own ideas in there. This is on Ryan 8-0

It's a combination of all those things but again, I'm starting to put the blame right where it always belongs bro, on the head Coach of the New York jets Rex Ryan. How can he NOT see how much better the offense performs when the go hurry up and not DEMAND to see more? It's on Ryan, he just delegates too much authority to a many times inept and very mediocre OC without holding him accountable or putting some of his own ideas in there. This is on Ryan 8-0

Its on Rex insofar as he may have hitched his horse to the wrong wagon. He's put stock into Schottenheimer, who wasn't his hire, for 3 years, and was a huge proponent to drafting Sanchez in the first place. So absolutely Rex deserves criticism in that respect.

Ultimately, I think most coaches start out as experts on one side of the ball and gradually learn how to manage the whole team. What Rex needs is not another young guy who has no clue what he's doing. He wins games on defense and special teams....what's going to happen when Westhoff finally retires and the offense will need to shoulder more of the load? He needs SOLID people on the offensive side of the ball who HE can learn from. He doesn't have that right now.

But seeing as Rex has won 26 games, including 4 in the postseason, he deserves the benefit of the doubt. At least at the moment. We all know how quickly a coach can fall out of favor in this league. Not too long ago we used to be saying things like "You play to win the game!" and "Mangenius!"

Its on Rex insofar as he may have hitched his horse to the wrong wagon. He's put stock into Schottenheimer, who wasn't his hire, for 3 years, and was a huge proponent to drafting Sanchez in the first place. So absolutely Rex deserves criticism in that respect.

Ultimately, I think most coaches start out as experts on one side of the ball and gradually learn how to manage the whole team. What Rex needs is not another young guy who has no clue what he's doing. He wins games on defense and special teams....what's going to happen when Westhoff finally retires and the offense will need to shoulder more of the load? He needs SOLID people on the offensive side of the ball who HE can learn from. He doesn't have that right now.

But seeing as Rex has won 26 games, including 4 in the postseason, he deserves the benefit of the doubt. At least at the moment. We all know how quickly a coach can fall out of favor in this league. Not too long ago we used to be saying things like "You play to win the game!" and "Mangenius!"

Agree with this for the most part, but I'll be completely honest, if another season comes and goes with no change in OC, I'm going to start wondering if it's time for Tanny to take things into his own hands and clear out every coach not named Westhoff.

Stability is the key word for me there Smash. Get Sanchez weapons that he can gel with over a few years time. Look at how Manning, Brady, Brees and Rivers have had 3 or 4 guys that you can figure on being there every year and let them build some chemistry together. Sanchez has never had that. Here's what he's had to work with since he got here:

Exactly 100 % correct.... some of us have been calling for stability for years with this team especially on Offense which seems like a revolving door lately.

Some good young talent for Sanchez to work with is something that should have been done in his rookie year and last year and he should now have been working with guys for two going on a thrid year and really all we have is Greene (cant catch), Santonio (can be Inconsistent) Keller (inconsistent) and hopefully Kerley and McKnight (?) . LT did a fine job here but we know deep down he probably wont be here too much longer . Plax looks lost and finished Mason was a mistake from day one.

In all honesty do we have any real consistent perfromers on offense ? or is it all the usual wildly inconsistent crap. Keller teases us from time to time as does Santonio but we need a stud on offense that teams have to worry about like a Calvin Johnson or a Andre Johnson or a Roddy White or a top notch RB that teams fear to take some pressure off the entire offense. Last time we had that was Curtis Martin and he was just a consistent runner not a tremendous threat but a solid runner and Keyshwan/Chrebet so we're talkin 11/12 years ago when all three of them were together. Then we were stupid enough to break up that trio and think Chrebet could be a true WR which he was not he was a terror in the slot but just a decent Wideout. There is a reason why Vinny Testaverde did well here and did it with limited mistakes it was because we surrounded him with talent. What have we surrounded Sanchez with ? Castoffs and ageing vets ? Really ? and an O-Line that we all knew lacked depth but went into the season regardless ? Chemistry is what wins in the NFL .

I personally think Sanchez has superstar written all over him but look at what he has had to deal with ..... OC, Diff. WR's each year, and now O-Line Issues that were not taken care of in the offseason. We watched him get hammered game after game yet put the blame on him when he tried to make something happen. Its really pretty sad to be honest.

Exactly 100 % correct.... some of us have been calling for stability for years with this team especially on Offense which seems like a revolving door lately.

Some good young talent for Sanchez to work with is something that should have been done in his rookie year and last year and he should now have been working with guys for two going on a thrid year and really all we have is Greene (cant catch), Santonio (can be Inconsistent) Keller (inconsistent) and hopefully Kerley and McKnight (?) . LT did a fine job here but we know deep down he probably wont be here too much longer . Plax looks lost and finished Mason was a mistake from day one.

In all honesty do we have any real consistent perfromers on offense ? or is it all the usual wildly inconsistent crap. Keller teases us from time to time as does Santonio but we need a stud on offense that teams have to worry about like a Calvin Johnson or a Andre Johnson or a Roddy White or a top notch RB that teams fear to take some pressure off the entire offense. Last time we had that was Curtis Martin and he was just a consistent runner not a tremendous threat but a solid runner and Keyshwan/Chrebet so we're talkin 11/12 years ago when all three of them were together. Then we were stupid enough to break up that trio and think Chrebet could be a true WR which he was not he was a terror in the slot but just a decent Wideout. There is a reason why Vinny Testaverde did well here and did it with limited mistakes it was because we surrounded him with talent. What have we surrounded Sanchez with ? Castoffs and ageing vets ? Really ? and an O-Line that we all knew lacked depth but went into the season regardless ? Chemistry is what wins in the NFL .

I personally think Sanchez has superstar written all over him but look at what he has had to deal with ..... OC, Diff. WR's each year, and now O-Line Issues that were not taken care of in the offseason. We watched him get hammered game after game yet put the blame on him when he tried to make something happen. Its really pretty sad to be honest.

This could be the result of defensive minded coaching. 3 straight here.

Truth is, WR is probably the biggest hit or miss in the draft. Unless its a Calvin Johnson type prospect. Probably why this team has largely ignored it when it comes to drafting one. If they can resign Keller and add another X/Y receiver in the draft to develop with Sanchez, the offense will find stability. I think Kerley is going to make a fine little slot WR.

Yes and yes to both posts. I like 8-0's idea to bring in a more experienced OC that can teach Rex, like Westhoff does. I swear Dan Henning almost seems like a better alternative at this point for me.

I wonder if Bruce Coslett is available.

This could be the result of defensive minded coaching. 3 straight here.

Truth is, WR is probably the biggest hit or miss in the draft. Unless its a Calvin Johnson type prospect. Probably why this team has largely ignored it when it comes to drafting one. If they can resign Keller and add another X/Y receiver in the draft to develop with Sanchez, the offense will find stability. I think Kerley is going to make a fine little slot WR.

I agree that I think the Jets are in good shape with Kerley in the slot and Holmes and Keller at their positions, but I think ideally you're looking for a legit starter to bring in as a #2 and beyond that, another legitimate TE option. I'm not talking another sh*tty blocking TE or a big WR pretending to be a TE, but a real solid, all-around TE who can play and contribute on all downs. The Jets don't even have one of those, meanwhile most teams around the league are sporting 2 these days.

Archived