Brian Schottenheimer...

Ghost

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the key is the Oline is starting to gel. Don't know what was Hunter's problem early on, but he seems to have figured it out. Maybe shortened preseason.

Still hate Schotty, but he wasn't as bad as it looked the first couple of games. The Oline just made it immpossible to do anything.

the key is the Oline is starting to gel. Don't know what was Hunter's problem early on, but he seems to have figured it out. Maybe shortened preseason.

Still hate Schotty, but he wasn't as bad as it looked the first couple of games. The Oline just made it immpossible to do anything.

This. You cant run an effective offense with an OL playing as poorly as the Jets were at the beginning of the season. Hunter has been great the last 3 games. I really think that the Aliens from Space Jam paid him a visit for the first 4 games.

The unit needs to cut down on penalities though. While some of the calls were bogus, they seemed to have their penalities timed at the worst spots in the game.

I like him when we win and I hate him when we lose.

What?

I hate him when we lose, and I wait around for him to **** everything up again when we win. If this were 2006 it might be a different story, but after 6 years we should all know better. Just because he occasionally shows himself to be somewhat competent at his job (although as someone pointed out earlier, I wanted to throw something through my TV after a 2nd and 25 draw play) doesn't mean that he won't continue to make moronic decisions throughout the remainder of the season, because he will. There's mistakes he clearly never learned from through his first 5 years on the job, why the hell would year 6 be any different?

I hate him when we lose, and I wait around for him to **** everything up again when we win. If this were 2006 it might be a different story, but after 6 years we should all know better. Just because he occasionally shows himself to be somewhat competent at his job (although as someone pointed out earlier, I wanted to throw something through my TV after a 2nd and 25 draw play) doesn't mean that he won't continue to make moronic decisions throughout the remainder of the season, because he will. There's mistakes he clearly never learned from through his first 5 years on the job, why the hell would year 6 be any different?

This - word for word.

Yick....

1 - Players get paid more for a reason...well maybe a reason...you know it as "excuses" in this situation.

2 - So is he lazy or is he bad? Both?

1 - It's funny that you're still too slow to grasp the very simple concept that players being more important doesn't suddenly excuse a coaches incompetence or dismiss his importance.

2 - I don't know, you tell me, but it must be one of the two. After all, you've said yourself he essentially sits around and does absolutely nothing, right? I'm just basing it on your expert analysis. We all know they provide absolutely no value whatsoever, but just get paid all of that money for sh*ts and giggles. I have no doubt he still sucks at his job, but I guess it doesn't really matter since nothing he does means anything. Maybe he should stop wasting his energy on play-calling and just put one play in the playbook. If only those stupid players would just execute it perfectly over and over again, while using their powers of persuasion over the defense to make sure they don't use their numbers advantage to counter that by having one of their unblocked players make a tackle, there would be no problem. They should score a touchdown every time, and if they don't, it certianly isn't his fault.

There was a girl visiting during the game and she actually said "Second and 25 - watch them run it here ...." Now what does that tell you????

It really is bad. As they lined up I just had this really bad feeling and thought to myself "oh god, they're going to run a draw aren't they?" Shocking to think the D wasn't surprised by it when so many fans weren't. They had it sniffed out to the point that it was one of the worst rushes of the day.

It really is bad. As they lined up I just had this really bad feeling and thought to myself "oh god, they're going to run a draw aren't they?" Shocking to think the D wasn't surprised by it when so many fans weren't. They had it sniffed out to the point that it was one of the worst rushes of the day.

I thought the same thing. You could see the draw play from a mile away. I understand our philosophy is to limit mistakes in that situation and let the defense do the work, but if everyone can see the draw coming, you need to get a LITTLE more creative than that.

there really aren't alot of good play calls for 2nd and 25

Doesn't mean you can't make a better attempt to find one. Any kind of short throw to create a manageable 3rd down would have sufficed.

I was pretty pleased with the play-calling all game - this was one of the first games of the year where you could actually see a gameplan and it didn't look like they were lining up and running random plays.

On the sanchez 1st half interception I really think that someone ran the wrong route (Kerley) or it was just a terribly designed play. Someone had to occupy the safety in the middle of the field or you were basically guaranteed double coverage on the outside and Kerley just kind of stopped running around the LB's.

I thought the same thing. You could see the draw play from a mile away. I understand our philosophy is to limit mistakes in that situation and let the defense do the work, but if everyone can see the draw coming, you need to get a LITTLE more creative than that.

Doesn't mean you can't make a better attempt to find one. Any kind of short throw to create a manageable 3rd down would have sufficed.

Exactly. It certainly was a crappy situation to be in and I don't blame that on Schotty, but to essentially already give up on a drive on second down, regardless of the distance, is just pathetic. You can't tell me the Jets wouldn't been able to have a rather easy time getting an underneath completion and picking up 10+ yards in the process on that 2nd down. Still probably not a great 3rd down situation, but certainly a lot better than what they did, and not to mention with multiple receiving options on back to back plays you're increasing the chances that somebody will shake free of their coverage and provide an open option down the field. In the end is it very possible the results would have been exactly the same? Absolutely, but at least you're giving a chance for another outcome.

This. You cant run an effective offense with an OL playing as poorly as the Jets were at the beginning of the season. Hunter has been great the last 3 games. I really think that the Aliens from Space Jam paid him a visit for the first 4 games.

The unit needs to cut down on penalities though. While some of the calls were bogus, they seemed to have their penalities timed at the worst spots in the game.

Maybe the 3 losses in a row was the perfect storm for the Jets...our OL, no running game etc.... Maybe and hopefully with the running game picking up steam and the OL finally coming together we can see the team putting together the wins. At 4-3 and a bye this week.....nothing would be better than erasing the 3 losses with winning the next three games against the Bills, Pats and Denver....if we do that we are back.

Maybe the 3 losses in a row was the perfect storm for the Jets...our OL, no running game etc.... Maybe and hopefully with the running game picking up steam and the OL finally coming together we can see the team putting together the wins. At 4-3 and a bye this week.....nothing would be better than erasing the 3 losses with winning the next three games against the Bills, Pats and Denver....if we do that we are back.

Honestly bro, I dont think we were ever "gone". The Jets just hit the toughest stretch of the schedule at the wrong time with key injuries to an under peforming unit. The reality is, nobody has had a tougher stretch of games thus far. Thats why I liked the Jets yesterday. San Diego has been squeaking out wins vs. the dregs of the NFL.

I'm not saying they are back or they dont have areas of improvement and that at one point in yesterdays game I lost all hope, but I really didnt think this team was dead in the water after that slide. I predicted 4-3 going into the bye because I thought coming off of those 3 games, that the Jets were battled tested and the Chargers werent.

The one thing you have to give these Rex Ryan teams is that they are resilient.

Just curious what were some of the calls you didn't like?

At least one pass interference on Holmes was BS. On one of the offsides Moore flinched first. In general they called a ticky tack game.

I'm pretty sure that on the third quarter run to the goal where Greene stepped out at the 2 they marked it at the 4. Sanchez run for the first was borderline and they didn't even call for a measurement. Just bad all around.

Honestly bro, I dont think we were ever "gone". The Jets just hit the toughest stretch of the schedule at the wrong time with key injuries to an under peforming unit. The reality is, nobody has had a tougher stretch of games thus far. Thats why I liked the Jets yesterday. San Diego has been squeaking out wins vs. the dregs of the NFL.

I'm not saying they are back or they dont have areas of improvement and that at one point in yesterdays game I lost all hope, but I really didnt think this team was dead in the water after that slide. I predicted 4-3 going into the bye because I thought coming off of those 3 games, that the Jets were battled tested and the Chargers werent.

The one thing you have to give these Rex Ryan teams is that they are resilient.

Battle-tested is right on...what I liked was and give credit to Rex is that the team held together yesterday. But I love the fact that Greene run hias butt off...we will need that moving forward. And if he does run like that against the Bills, Pats and Denver that will be 3 in a row...

At least one pass interference on Holmes was BS. On one of the offsides Moore flinched first. In general they called a ticky tack game.

I'm pretty sure that on the third quarter run to the goal where Greene stepped out at the 2 they marked it at the 4. Sanchez run for the first was borderline and they didn't even call for a measurement. Just bad all around.

That Sanchez run surprised me too. It was within the 2 minutes, and it was close enough to get a measurement. The ref immediately after the play called it a 1st down.

Just curious what were some of the calls you didn't like?

I'm pretty s

ure that on the third quarter run to the goal where Greene stepped out at the 2 they marked it at the 4. Sanchez run for the first was borderline and they didn't even call for a measurement. Just bad all around.

Screw you android!!!!!!!!!

1 - It's funny that you're still too slow to grasp the very simple concept that players being more important doesn't suddenly excuse a coaches incompetence or dismiss his importance.

2 - I don't know, you tell me, but it must be one of the two. After all, you've said yourself he essentially sits around and does absolutely nothing, right? I'm just basing it on your expert analysis. We all know they provide absolutely no value whatsoever, but just get paid all of that money for sh*ts and giggles. I have no doubt he still sucks at his job, but I guess it doesn't really matter since nothing he does means anything. Maybe he should stop wasting his energy on play-calling and just put one play in the playbook. If only those stupid players would just execute it perfectly over and over again, while using their powers of persuasion over the defense to make sure they don't use their numbers advantage to counter that by having one of their unblocked players make a tackle, there would be no problem. They should score a touchdown every time, and if they don't, it certianly isn't his fault.

Perfect execution.

brianschottenheimer.gif

there really aren't alot of good play calls for 2nd and 25

Ridiculous. It's the PERFECT time for a pass. What defense would expect that? With our Secret Weapon, Mark Sanchez, gaining those 25 yards in two plays is a walk in the park. Schitty just don't trust Sanchez when it should. E the other way around.

Ridiculous. It's the PERFECT time for a pass. What defense would expect that? With our Secret Weapon, Mark Sanchez, gaining those 25 yards in two plays is a walk in the park. Schitty just don't trust Sanchez when it should. E the other way around.

These posts are getting old. Your use of stale humor is just covering the fact that you're running out of excuses and think you just know better.

Seems to me you think this is a "either Sanchez or Schottenheimer sucks" argument. I think they both suck at this point. It's the blind leading the blind out there, and whenever the offense has a moderately good game, like the one this past Sunday, we rejoice. It's quite sad.

Perfect execution.

brianschottenheimer.gif

Obviously not perfect, I mean what the hell is Kerley's problem, allowing himself to get tackled? If he would just shake off the first tackler, and then of course the guy right behind him, and then outrun everyone to the endzone, just as the play was designed, things would have been fine.

These posts are getting old. Your use of stale humor is just covering the fact that you're running out of excuses and think you just know better.

Seems to me you think this is a "either Sanchez or Schottenheimer sucks" argument. I think they both suck at this point. It's the blind leading the blind out there, and whenever the offense has a moderately good game, like the one this past Sunday, we rejoice. It's quite sad.

I think it's mostly Sanchez, since he's the guy who's job it is to actually get the job done.

Archived