Priceless New York - Win Breakfast with Mike Tannenbaum

Maxman

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Hey Mike, it'd be really cool if we could meet some other people from the team....... No, we actually had a very specific list in mind. Let's just start off with Brian Schottenheimer, Mark Sanchez, and Eric Smith if you don't mind........ Why? Oh no reason, we just um, want to say hi. Yeah, that's it........ These baseball bats? Well um, we were just hoping to get them signed is all."

"Hey Mike, it'd be really cool if we could meet some other people from the team....... No, we actually had a very specific list in mind. Let's just start off with Brian Schottenheimer, Mark Sanchez, and Eric Smith if you don't mind........ Why? Oh no reason, we just um, want to say hi. Yeah, that's it........ These baseball bats? Well um, we were just hoping to get them signed is all."

:lol:

"Hey Schotty, can you sign my bat?.. Great, but can you sign it in blood?.." *thump*

I would just like to state that I am looking forward to the Mastercard event on Saturday. And that I know it isn't an interview with Tannenbaum but we are happy to watch his presentation and learn from it.

I think I worded that all right, lol. It should be a good time though.

Awesome, Phil! A big thanks to the Jets for giving us the chance to interview the great Mike Tannenbaum! Here are the questions I'm gonna ask!!

1. In retrospect, would you just go ahead and hang on to Chansi Stuckey?

2. Did Nnamdi at least leave a few bucks on the nightstand before he left?

3. Fill in the blank: "I deal with the humiliation of drafting Vernon Gholston by _______ violently while sobbing."

4. What algorithm does one use to measure levels of grit, and what "grit score" does a player need to offset a poor 40 time?

5. If Johnny has two apples and Billy has three apples, why does it cost Mikey multiple draft choices to make one first round pick?

Can you confirm the rumor that Bleedin Green tried to start a prayer circle to ask God for more positive press coverage of the Jets?

I can confirm that Bleedin and Sperm were both very quiet, they didn't ask Tanny any questions. JoeC and Rob asked Tanny several very good questions. That much I can indeed confirm.

Also there were no pancakes at the breakfast buffet. French toast, eggs, cereal, breakfast potatoes but no pancakes. In 2011 you would think such a thing would not be possible.

I can confirm that Bleedin and Sperm were both very quiet, they didn't ask Tanny any questions. JoeC and Rob asked Tanny several very good questions. That much I can indeed confirm.

Also there were no pancakes at the breakfast buffet. French toast, eggs, cereal, breakfast potatoes but no pancakes. In 2011 you would think such a thing would not be possible.

Any Bacon? Sausage? Biscuits and Gravy?

I didnt know you had an account here. Too funny

Me either, until I tried to sign up. Totally forgot. Couldn't have done too good of a job. Signed up when I was 16, haven't posted since I was 17 (I'm 21 now). And I have a -660 rating. People must have loved me.

Me either, until I tried to sign up. Totally forgot. Couldn't have done too good of a job. Signed up when I was 16, haven't posted since I was 17 (I'm 21 now). And I have a -660 rating. People must have loved me.

That is HYSTERICAL. I actually remember you from when you signed up...

This dude is good peoples. Always makes good points about the Jets.

What, the kings of tl;dr, didnt have anything to say? Very disappointed.

Did anyone bring me up?

JetNation.com was invited to the Jets training facility in Florham Park this past Saturday, courtesy of Mastercard.  This was part of the PricelessNY campaign, giving fans experiences that are Priceless. The day included breakfast, an up close and personal meeting with NY Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum and a tour of the facility.

Breakfast – No complaints here, how can you go wrong with french toast, eggs and breakfast potatoes?  icon_smile.gif

Meeting with Mike Tannebaum – this was held in the Executive board room which overlooks the practice field.  A very impressive view and the event was limited to approximately 20 fans.  It had an up close and personal feeling to it.  Mike Tannenbaum started it off with a short talk, approximately 10 minutes long.  Then he took questions from the fans that were present.  Mike was very positive about the team, despite the two recent losses.  He was asked a lot about his background and told some good Bill Parcells stories that were interesting; his basic theme was to make it as an executive in the NFL you can’t be out worked.  There were some young kids present, I point that out because the questions were better than what Tannenbaum normally receives from the main stream media.

Tour of the Facility – I had taken a tour of the facility when it first opened when the Jets first announced PSLs.  What I walked away from the tour this time, is how proud they are of the facility.  As they should be since it is a state of the art building.  It was pointed out that the salary cap has leveled the playing field for players compensation but the practice facility and other amenities aren’t regulated under the cap.  So the thought process was these could be difference makers on the field.  As a fan all I will say is, I hope they are right.

It was an enjoyable experience and I recommend you check out the other PricelessNY offerings.  They have some that are for sale and provide an opportunity for pretty unique experiences.

di</img>

di</img>pDRUWbs60GM

View the full article

Thank you to everyone who entered. Here are the winners:

Breakfast with Mike Tannenbaum on Saturday 11/19 in Florham Park NJ:

• Bleedin Green
  • Sperm Edwards
  • JoeC36

We also had some to give away on Twitter and Facebook. Those winners are:

Twitter: @rob_sports

Facebook: Khalid Brown

Now for the consolation prizes:

Rex Rags:

• dbatesman
  • ecurb
  • DLJ

Easy Canvas Print (will give some more info on this)

• Slats

2006 JetNation pocket-size schedule calendar

• #27TheDominator

Only if it's magnetic, ****er! LOL. Who am I supposed to rep? You or Sperm?

Archived