Cris Carter Rips Jets QB Mark Sanchez (Trade for Peyton Manning)

Knix Tix

There are 3 elite QB's, a couple really good ones, and everyone else.

Sanchez is right around the middle of the pack with upside. He just turned 24 and has yet to sniff the prime of his career. How about we show a modicum of patience eh?

Agreed.. But if Manning is available, I don't know how you don't seriously consider it

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take a look at Terry Bradshaw's career path.....you have to give Mark at least 5 years IMHO.

Forget Bradshaw, look at Drew Brees just a few years ago under the boy wonder's daddy. After three seasons much worse than anything Sanchez has done they wrote him off as a bust, drafted Eli Manning #1 overall and traded him for Rivers, then when Rivers held out Brees got to hold on to the job for a few weeks and wound up having a pro bowl season in his 4th year. Now look at him, a top 5 QB and borderline Hall of Famer.

oh I'd do it... especially given the fact Tom Moore is already on the payroll.

but lets be realistic.. that ain't happenin'.

I think it's more realistic then you think frankly..

The colts are definitely getting the #1.... The only variables really is whether or not Luck will go to Indy, and if Peyton heals and is medically cleared to play football.. Outside of that, I can't imagine luck be willing to sit for 3-4 more years I reckon Peyton will want to play

Beyond that, there's basically baltimore and the Jets where QB is the overwhelming weak link on a SB ready team. I'm sure the league would love to have Manning in NY

The colts are definitely getting the #1.... The only variables really is whether or not Luck will go to Indy, and if Peyton heals and is medically cleared to play football.. Outside of that, I can't imagine luck be willing to sit for 3-4 more years I reckon Peyton will want to play

Beyond that, there's basically baltimore and the Jets where QB is the overwhelming weak link on a SB ready team. I'm sure the league would love to have Manning in NY

Have you seen our defense play ? This defense is not the league leading defense of 2009, or the defense that finished Top 5 in 2010.

The main variable is the neck. I still stand by my other post that there is a serious possibility Peyton never plays again.

The Jets may be competing against the Ravens for Peyton. The Jets can't allow that to happen. Short of Sanchez leading the Jets to the SB this year, Jets have to go all in on Peyton if he is available next year.

Have you seen our defense play ? This defense is not the league leading defense of 2009, or the defense that finished Top 5 in 2010.

Our defense is top 3 in the league yucko, 09's defense was top 3 over the previous 5 years

If the Colts let Peyton go for an unproven rookie that town will revolt.

I think Manning leaves in 13'.

If the Colts let Peyton go for an unproven rookie that town will revolt.

I think Manning leaves in 13'.

Only fans like you who romanticize athletes... If I was a Colts fan, I'd want Luck + two # 1's or a #1 and very good player

sanchez drives me nuts , but when a kid who has success at HS and college comes in and all of a sudden doesn't know what to so with the ball, it's not that he can't read a zone, it's his mind has been ****ed up

he's gone from red light/ green light to the old air horn sh*t

I mean he had NFL caliber tutoring in HS for crying out load, then went the the NFL's 33rd team at USC. this kid has been groomed for the nfl since he was 15 years old

if the jets dump him, he will go somehere else and thrive

I say get rid of sh*tty and see what he can do

all you have to do is disguise yourself as a 16 year old chick, they are in sanchez' bedroom. while you are there, he has notches in his bedpost, one of palmer, and one of rivers as well

That would make sense. Just as Jets fans celebrate nothing, so should their QB.

Though I appreciate the sentiment, Cris Carter is an absolute moron. His greatest hits this year alone are 1. Telling ESPN Radio that Osi Umenyiora was "done" because of injury (Osi has 7 sacks through 6 games), and 2. Saying that Jerry Richardson was a "racist" for not letting Cam Newton get a tattoo, but when asked to explain that position said "Uhhhhh, I dunno."

Another great ESPN hire.

No way I live life with 7 years of Sanchez. He may be good or even great later, but we have the team that can win an SB now! He is killing us and Shotty has to limit his plays for him. I'm not a Shotty fan either but Sanchez needs some competition at QB. Bring anyone decent in to compete against him. Maybe that will light a fire under his @ss. He needs to know his job is in jeopardy.

and Mark took the Jets to the AFC championship game his first 2 seasons.....

Yes .... that's a fact that's not arguable or debatable by anyone. And there's no one in Canton with the same cred - I don't believe. Sure not saying Sanchez will ever end up there, but he's got some positives that will prove to be worth the wait. Watching him grow up can sure suck at times though ...

No, I'm serious. He has let his people down.

I'm not condemning him for the future (that is, I'm not saying "He is a bust and always suck). I'm saying that now, in the 2011 season, he sucks and is a major reason for the Jets' 4 losses.

I gave him a pass for the Ravens game because of their D, but last Sunday was an abomination. He will never face a worst D this year than what the Pats put on the field, and he had a QBR of 64. That's pathetic.

so you would not blame any of those losses on the poor play of the offensive line ? or the Defense letting WR run wide open due to missed assignments ? or our complete lack of a running game the first 5 games of the season ? All these things help QB's and we have been horrible in all of them. WR's semmingly running the wrong routes in what seems to be total lack of dicipline. Hey if this is all on Sanchez and all the other Jets are doing their jobs Im all for getting on the kid SMC but I dont see that as being the case at all. This team has also lost some valuable role players and leaders this year Blocking TE's replaced by idiots like Mulligan and a FB who seems to miss blocks consistently sorry but our problems run much deeper than Sanchez.

The funny part is, we mock the Pats and Pats fans for going 18-0 before losing in the Super Bowl and yet, we act coming pretty close to making the Super Bowl twice in a row makes us something.

Yep, one of the more entertaining bits of hypocrisy in recent years. Klacko's posts are full of them, dudes a walking contradiction. it's hilarity

Archived