Mo Wilkerson

TNJet

Its seems as if Mo gets better each week. Dude was flying around everywhere, rushing the passer and batting down balls. He looks to be a stud in the making. We may have a future pro bowler on our hands from Temple, nice job by the scouts in the front office. I hope Kenrick can turn out to be a good player as well. It was good to see Ellis get the start today in place of Devito. (injured)

He had a great day today. Was it just me or was he lining up over center a lot? Either way, he was sure pushing into the backfield.. amazing penetration.

He's a true 3-4 DL, and that's just what those guys do. I'm honestly surprised at how stout he looks and often is. He seems heavier than he was during draft season.

He's a true 3-4 DL, and that's just what those guys do. I'm honestly surprised at how stout he looks and often is. He seems heavier than he was during draft season.

Got to hand it to you, because I think you were the one talking up Wilkerson before this game and I was asking why. IMO, this may have been his best game yet.

On the down side, didn't see Ellis do much of anything.

Got to hand it to you, because I think you were the one talking up Wilkerson before this game and I was asking why. IMO, this may have been his best game yet.

On the down side, didn't see Ellis do much of anything.

Ellis got early snaps and then i didnt see himon the field much.

Ellis got early snaps and then i didnt see himon the field much.

Yep, they played Dixon and Ropati a bunch more...or at least it seemed that way. My guess was because he wasnt setting the edge early and they were running all over the field.

I think Ellis and Mo Wilk will be productive fixtures on that line for a long long time. I <3 Mo Wilk, they finally listened to me and drafted my guy.

Yep, they played Dixon and Ropati a bunch more...or at least it seemed that way. My guess was because he wasnt setting the edge early and they were running all over the field.

I think Ellis and Mo Wilk will be productive fixtures on that line for a long long time. I <3 Mo Wilk, they finally listened to me and drafted my guy.

I definitely think Ellis will be a good long-term player for the Jets, but I also think he's still a work in progress and to be honest, I have no idea why he's been getting the starts over Dixon and Pitoitua in place of DeVito. After all, when DeVito is healthy Ellis isn't even active and both of those guys (particularly Dixon) have been having very good seasons in the DL rotation. The only thing I can think is they see Ellis as a more versatile player, but I don't think there's much question at this point that those other guys are more consistent and reliable in the basic responsibilities of the position.

Tough to worry about it too much, because if there is any one position on this team that you have to be happy with from top to bottom, it's got to be the DL. Best and deepest position on the team without question.

I definitely think Ellis will be a good long-term player for the Jets, but I also think he's still a work in progress and to be honest, I have no idea why he's been getting the starts over Dixon and Pitoitua in place of DeVito. After all, when DeVito is healthy Ellis isn't even active and both of those guys (particularly Dixon) have been having very good seasons in the DL rotation. The only thing I can think is they see Ellis as a more versatile player, but I don't think there's much question at this point that those other guys are more consistent and reliable in the basic responsibilities of the position.

Tough to worry about it too much, because if there is any one position on this team that you have to be happy with from top to bottom, it's got to be the DL. Best and deepest position on the team without question.

Agreed. Funny that going back to hard knocks, Rex was giving Dixon sh*t about stepping up with Ropati being out...remember "you wanna make this team" something something...

Well, Dixon has been out playing Ropati, IMO.

Wilkerson reminds me a lot of Shaun Ellis-not real flashy but steady and doesn't seem to miss many games or plays because of injuries. Who of us would have ever thought that Bryan Thomas would be missed this badly-seeing some of the scrub play we've seen from his replacements has been an eye opener. If it weren't for Westermann deciding to make a few plays here and there...

Agreed. Funny that going back to hard knocks, Rex was giving Dixon sh*t about stepping up with Ropati being out...remember "you wanna make this team" something something...

Well, Dixon has been out playing Ropati, IMO.

Dixon is the 4th best DL on the tram right now. He's really turned into a nice player for a statutory rapist of a white girl.

I think there is a pretty simple answer to that question. Ellis got the start because the other two were dinged. Dixon in particular was pretty high up on the injury list. I think that Pitoitua has a lingering leg issue. They started Ellis and then let the other two go until they couldn't go anymore. What surprised me was how often they had Maybin on the field on earlier downs this week. It seemed like they guessed pass correctly on a few 2nd downs.

I think there is a pretty simple answer to that question. Ellis got the start because the other two were dinged. Dixon in particular was pretty high up on the injury list. I think that Pitoitua has a lingering leg issue. They started Ellis and then let the other two go until they couldn't go anymore. What surprised me was how often they had Maybin on the field on earlier downs this week. It seemed like they guessed pass correctly on a few 2nd downs.

Really surprised more teams haven't tried a hurry-up offense against us. As soon as we run a DB heavy package or have Maybin in on an earlier down, i'd just call a run play and then huddle afterwards. It's not like our offense is consistent enough to make a team pay either by going on long sustained drives.

Really surprised more teams haven't tried a hurry-up offense against us. As soon as we run a DB heavy package or have Maybin in on an earlier down, i'd just call a run play and then huddle afterwards. It's not like our offense is consistent enough to make a team pay either by going on long sustained drives.

Based on the plays run when Maybin was in I can only assume the Skins package was anything to run with.

So funny how draft position affects perception. Like him or not, Dixon has outperformed everyone on that line except for Pouha. Wilkerson has been stepping up and will ultimately be the better player as he is a monster-in-the-making with a higher ceiling, but Dixon has had more impact when he's been on the field from down to down. Ellis has not shown much of anything. Pito is a good rotational guy. DeVito hasn't seen the field enough to put him over Dixon, but he does of course outplay the other DL (except pouha) when he's in there. So, bottom line: Dixon is the better of the three new guys, No-name DeVito is the better of the four, and Pouha should be in the pro-bowl IMO. But none of them get recognized because their names weren't called on Day 1 of ESPN's Draft coverage.

Archived