We Need A Lot Next Season

SoFlaJets

Two offensive linemen, 3 LBers, 2 new safeties, a better option at WR than Burress and a real back up QB

Bart Scott is done so is Bryan Thomas, both Pool, Smith and Leonhard are all crap, Plaxico has become invisible and both Wayne Hunter and Brandon Moore have been sub-par all year. How do we do all that with 5-6 draft picks?

Two offensive linemen, 3 LBers, 2 new safeties, a better option at WR than Burress and a real back up QB

Bart Scott is done so is Bryan Thomas, both Pool, Smith and Leonhard are all crap, Plaxico has become invisible and both Wayne Hunter and Brandon Moore have been sub-par all year. How do we do all that with 5-6 draft picks?

We do need quite a bit. I think two OLBs with passrush ability would do us well. Mauga can handle the middle and bring youthful speed. A safety who can cover is mandatory. Turner, Riley, Logan Payne can help at wide receiver. We will be getting McElroy at QB back and we have not seen what Kevin O'Connel can do at backup QB yet. Riley is a speed merchant with decent hands. On the Ol, we can sign a FA from another team for RT. Then HUNTER goes back to backup and we get back Robert Turner. All is NOT bleak and dismal. We have 7 picks and money to sign a few free agents. We must bring in kicking competition for FOLK & Conley.

We do need quite a bit. I think two OLBs with passrush ability would do us well. Mauga can handle the middle and bring youthful speed. A safety who can cover is mandatory. Turner, Riley, Logan Payne can help at wide receiver. We will be getting McElroy at QB back and we have not seen what Kevin O'Connel can do at backup QB yet. Riley is a speed merchant with decent hands. On the Ol, we can sign a FA from another team for RT. Then HUNTER goes back to backup and we get back Robert Turner. All is NOT bleak and dismal. We have 7 picks and money to sign a few free agents. We must bring in kicking competition for FOLK & Conley.

oh yea, I forgot and a punter

This game reminds me of the afc championship game against the Steelers. turnovers, dumb penalties and just didnt show up to play. this is a bigger concern to me than lack of talent.

yea but the lack of talent at RT and the safety positions is so glaring that they end up costing us games

yea but the lack of talent at RT and the safety positions is so glaring that they end up costing us games

The days of having talent all through the roster is gone. we had wayne hunter last year and we went to the afc championship game. WOOHOO!

LaRon Landry and Michael Griffin are FA's next year, we should take a look at them. Also should look at what we can get in a trade for Cro. If Mario Williams hits the market, gotta grab him. Probably stuck with Pace another year. Ben Grubbs would be a good replacement at RG for Moore, who cutting would save us 3 Million off the cap. The only Free Agent RT is Kareem McKenzie, either have to draft a Hunter replacement or hope it clicks for Vlad.

LaRon Landry and Michael Griffin are FA's next year, we should take a look at them. Also should look at what we can get in a trade for Cro. If Mario Williams hits the market, gotta grab him. Probably stuck with Pace another year. Ben Grubbs would be a good replacement at RG for Moore, who cutting would save us 3 Million off the cap. The only Free Agent RT is Kareem McKenzie, either have to draft a Hunter replacement or hope it clicks for Vlad.

there's no hope there for that happening bro-Vlad shouldn't even BE on this team next year

there's no hope there for that happening bro-Vlad shouldn't even BE on this team next year

Why is there no hope? The guy has only been playing football for a few years, not 20 like most in his age group because they don't play in down Haiti, plus he came from a small I-AA school. We knew he was a project when we drafted him, I'd give him another season at least.

the problem today was less talent and more attitude. Yes, Holmes single-handedly changed the momentum in the 1st quarter but that doesn't excuse the entire team from quitting. 4 minutes into the game the team looked great and then they just could not deal with any adversity.

That has been the theme all year - any adversity and the team quits. Not a good reflection on the HC. 2 games to play and I think 2 wins get in to the playoffs with a good shot at heading to Houston to face a rookie QB.

Time for Rex to shut the **** up and get his team ready to play some football.

the problem today was less talent and more attitude. Yes, Holmes single-handedly changed the momentum in the 1st quarter but that doesn't excuse the entire team from quitting. 4 minutes into the game the team looked great and then they just could not deal with any adversity.

That has been the theme all year - any adversity and the team quits. Not a good reflection on the HC. 2 games to play and I think 2 wins get in to the playoffs with a good shot at heading to Houston to face a rookie QB.

Time for Rex to shut the **** up and get his team ready to play some football.

Better late than never.

Well we spent 50 mil on a 2a WR and your right we do need to fill a lot of holes and as of right now RT seems to be the most important followed by LG then the safties. Sorry but the F.O. has failed miserably and this is not going to be an easy fix. We could be looking at a mess for the next few years.

been saying Tanny has been mortgaging the future for rentals and mercenaries for years. Problem was, we had good teams with all those rentals and mercenaries and nobody wanted to look ahead two seasons at what would become of a team with no draft picks. The Jets have not operated with a sustainable plan for renewable talent reserves. They just went all-in and crossed their fingers. We will get worse before we get better because of it.

we'd have to trade revis to get a few firsts, are you willing to do that?

This game reminds me of the afc championship game against the Steelers. turnovers, dumb penalties and just didnt show up to play. this is a bigger concern to me than lack of talent.

I beginning to think the Rex Ryan teams play to their competition...I thinking the weekly meetings went something like..."the Eagles will make a sh*t load of turnovers" and "a ton of penalties"...the his team plays like they can make a few errors and get away with it...poor game all the way around.

been saying Tanny has been mortgaging the future for rentals and mercenaries for years. Problem was, we had good teams with all those rentals and mercenaries and nobody wanted to look ahead two seasons at what would become of a team with no draft picks. The Jets have not operated with a sustainable plan for renewable talent reserves. They just went all-in and crossed their fingers. We will get worse before we get better because of it.

The Jets drafts had more misses than hit since 07.

Over-reaction. Scott doesn't need to be replaced, nor does Pace. If we re-sign Leonhard, we need to fill the other safety spot, so: RT, Safety, OLB, maybe DE, maybe TE and WR (because Burress is a FA). 6 needs between free agency and draft picks. That's it, really. Some of those (DE and TE especially) are more "wants" than "needs."

Why no backup QB? Greg McElroy looksl ike a serviceable backup, and Sanchez really hasn't had injury problems.

Why not 2 safeties? Leonhard is a good player, knows the system and may come cheap. If you re-sign him, draft a 1st rounder, Pool can be your third (re-sign) and Smith your 4th, against the run. Also, you don't have a star at every position. Deal with it.

Why only one OLB? Cause Pace is good.

Why no MLB? Scott is fine and is here to stay.

Didn't see all this negative talk when we crushed KC, despite all this talk about KC having a juggernaut defense (hey, they beatdown the Pack offense today... big time) Win some, lose some. Embarrassing game, no doubt, but it happens.

Over-reaction. Scott doesn't need to be replaced, nor does Pace. If we re-sign Leonhard, we need to fill the other safety spot, so: RT, Safety, OLB, maybe DE, maybe TE and WR (because Burress is a FA). 6 needs between free agency and draft picks. That's it, really. Some of those (DE and TE especially) are more "wants" than "needs."

Why no backup QB? Greg McElroy looksl ike a serviceable backup, and Sanchez really hasn't had injury problems.

Why not 2 safeties? Leonhard is a good player, knows the system and may come cheap. If you re-sign him, draft a 1st rounder, Pool can be your third (re-sign) and Smith your 4th, against the run. Also, you don't have a star at every position. Deal with it.

Didn't see all this negative talk when we crushed KC, despite all this talk about KC having a juggernaut defense (hey, they beatdown the Pack offense today... big time) Win some, lose some. Embarrassing game, no doubt, but it happens.

SCOTT FREAKING BLOWS. Smith is awful. Neither can cover a TE. Every game this year involves TEs running up the seam untouched for big gains. We were swept by the Pats in large part because Gronkowski and Hernandez ran free all day. And it's all TEs, not just Pro Bowlers like Witten, it's any TE. I would bet a large sum Jints' TE Ballard is in for a big day Saturday.

I like Leaonhard. But if he makes that safety tackle in Denver instead of allowing a big gain, we're probably locked into a plyaoff berth.

SCOTT FREAKING BLOWS. Smith is awful. Neither can cover a TE. Every game this year involves TEs running up the seam untouched for big gains. We were swept by the Pats in large part because Gronkowski and Hernandez ran free all day. And it's all TEs, not just Pro Bowlers like Witten, it's any TE. I would bet a large sum Jints' TE Ballard is in for a big day Saturday.

I like Leaonhard. But if he makes that safety tackle in Denver instead of allowing a big gain, we're probably locked into a plyaoff berth.

Celek isn't exactly ANY TE. The Jets haven't been able to cover a TE for years and they've done pretty well. Obviously it's something they should look to improve, but just as obviously they feel that if they are going to let anybody beat them it will be a TE.

What is this bullsh*t?

Don't you want to fit in? Rewatch this game, jump up and down, overreact and edit that post!

I agree with this.

Mario Williams is an obvious target if he were to hit the open market. I would like to sign Landry or Griffin, but I'm not sure they're into that. Maybe? I thought they would have targeted Rolle if they could have in the '10 offseason.

Archived