a question for all the Sanchize haters??

JOJOTOWNSELL

It's all Sanchez fault. The dropped passes, balls hitting the receiver in the face, Mangold fumbling the ball, the false starts, receivers not getting open, having defenders in his face in a split second. It's also Sanchez fault that Eric Smith is terrible & Cro can't tackle an 80 year old man let alone anyone in the NFL. Cut his a$$ now!

It's very well documented that QB's under Schotty's system have struggled. Pennington & Favre both performed better in their time before playing for Schotty and then again after. I'm not sold on Sanchez but he deserves time to prove himself under another OC. Schotty needs to go and we need to draft another QB to compete with Sanchez along with McElroy.

Yesterday's play calling was horrible...

2nd Drive...

2nd & 4...Pass Incomplete

3rd & 4...Pass Incomplete

3rd Drive

3rd & 4...Pass for 3 yards

4th Drive...7 passes and 2 runs ( 4 & 5 yds)

3rd & 4...Pass for 3 yards

1st Drive of 2nd Half...3 straight passes, all incomplete

2nd Drive of 2nd Half (we're only down by 3)

Greene runs for 5, 8 and 4 yards on three straight runs

On 2nd & 6 we pass and Sanchez gets sacked

3rd & 6...pass incomplete

4th drive of 2nd half...still down by 3... Greene and Tomlinson's last five runs went for 5, 8, 4, 7, 6 and 13

Pass, Pass, Pass, Punt

5 mins left and we're down by 6

Incomplete Pass,

Incomplete Pass,

Sack,

Punt

This is F'in horrible!

2 mins left on the NYG 8

Sack for a safety...Game over

Our running game was getting better and our passing game was horrible. It wasn't just Sanchez either. The pass blocking sucked a good part of the game, receivers were dropping passes right in their hands (what was up with Keller), communication between QB's and receivers was terrible, routes being run wrong. Why in the hell don't you go back to the running game????? Schotty gives up on it for no reason. That was horrendous play calling! I really hope he gets the axe tomorrow.

It's not about hating Sanchez, it's coming to the realization that he is nothing more than an average at best NFL QB. He misses open throws, misses open windows, and makes poor decisions that give up points. If/when the Jets have a dominant defense and dominant OL we've seen that Sanchez is capable of winning games, but that is a lot to ask of a football team just to compensate for weakness at the QB position.

After surviving the revolving door at QB including Nagle, O'Donnell, Brister, Foley, Chadwick, etc... I really thought Sanchez was the answer and was willing to look past some of his shortcomings. After this season I think it's time to add Sanchez to the list of failed QB's and look for another answer.

It's not about hating Sanchez, it's coming to the realization that he is nothing more than an average at best NFL QB. He misses open throws, misses open windows, and makes poor decisions that give up points. If/when the Jets have a dominant defense and dominant OL we've seen that Sanchez is capable of winning games, but that is a lot to ask of a football team just to compensate for weakness at the QB position.

After surviving the revolving door at QB including Nagle, O'Donnell, Brister, Foley, Chadwick, etc... I really thought Sanchez was the answer and was willing to look past some of his shortcomings. After this season I think it's time to add Sanchez to the list of failed QB's and look for another answer.

Great QBs don't go on trees. Who is out there that is realistically going to do better? By drafting and paying Sanchez where they did they have to give him enough time to develop. Otherwise you're setting the team back another few years while core guys like Brick, Harris and Mangold get older. Rex and Tanny made the bed and now they have to lie in it.

the jets best run was 12 yards or so, but a lot of 3 yarders. bottom line in this NFL, you have to pass to win. my criticism is actually the opposite, they threw waaaaay to many slants and underneath stuff. with the PI rules, you need to go long early and often.

but this is on the players. keller and holmes looked hung over or bored. if they showed the desire kerley was showing, the jets would have probably won by 10. brick and hunter got abused, plax can't seem to stay on his feet after catching a pass, he reminded me of kyle brady that way. greene is pedestrian, LT is old, the whole offense stinks

QUICK!! the elite quarterback store closes at midnight.the jets still have time!!!

just messin with ya.i think tanny rights his wrongs this coming season, and the jets offense improves dramatically with sanchez in his 4th year.just a hunch

Great QBs don't go on trees. Who is out there that is realistically going to do better? By drafting and paying Sanchez where they did they have to give him enough time to develop. Otherwise you're setting the team back another few years while core guys like Brick, Harris and Mangold get older. Rex and Tanny made the bed and now they have to lie in it.

So, instead of actively looking for an upgrade for a below-average signal-caller in a QB-driven league, the Jets should instead cross their fingers and hope that a light goes off in this kid's head before the core guys you mentioned are washed up?

As people have mentioned, the cap-crippling part of his contract is up. Yes, there will be some dead money on there, but it is certainly possible to cut ties after this year if a proven guy becomes available. At worst, they need to bring in some real competition this off-season and dump him the following year if he doesn't show considerable improvement, which at this point I don't hold out much hope for...

the thing about this team is that they really don't need a great QB, they need a QB that doesn't give up points on offense. Never in my life have I seen an offense give up so many points as the Jets did this year. They all weren't on Sanchez but a large portion of them were.

If Sanchez doesn't throw a pick 6 @ Denver we probably aren't having this discussion and the Jets are in the playoffs. No, the defense wasn't dominant this year but with even a little help from the offense they are 11-5.

So, instead of actively looking for an upgrade for a below-average signal-caller in a QB-driven league, the Jets should instead cross their fingers and hope that a light goes off in this kid's head before the core guys you mentioned are washed up?

As people have mentioned, the cap-crippling part of his contract is up. Yes, there will be some dead money on there, but it is certainly possible to cut ties after this year if a proven guy becomes available. At worst, they need to bring in some real competition this off-season and dump him the following year if he doesn't show considerable improvement, which at this point I don't hold out much hope for...

Ok so who is out there who is an improvement? Go ahead and look at the free agents in 2012 and look at our draft position. Please provide me a few guys that won't take a couple of years to develop or a free agent that will come in and be an instant improvement without having to shell out a ton of money so we can't make improvements elsewhere. Or maybe there is a good QB to trade for, but remember all of the other holes that the Jets have so we need all the draft picks we can get at this point because there is no depth anywhere.

Archived