Schotty jacksonville Interview

MTJ06

Ok, I'm pretty sure you're just ******* with me right now and if so well played, because I got a laugh out of that. But just in case, we'll do a recap.

I said:

In other words, both Schotty and Sanchez suck a$$, all by themselves, without either one being the primary reason the other sucks.

You responded:

Which seems to suggest that you interpreted my opinion to be that Schotty was primarily to blame for Sanchez's sucktitude, which was most certainly not my point.

BG, you are right I didnt fully digest your 1st post . On second read it was clear what you meant but your "reading comprehension" comment was a wide open door to just mess with ya a bit.

BG, you are right I didnt fully digest your 1st post . On second read it was clear what you meant but your "reading comprehension" comment was a wide open door to just mess with ya a bit.

Yeah, I slightly suspected that the first time but wasn't sure. The second time you did it I actually got a good laugh out of it, but let's be honest, with some of the people in this crowd I still had to be safe. :-P

BS has an unimpressive record. When has he ever been in the top of the offensive standings here? this team did not get the the AFCCG because of offense.

My point was that like McCarthy in SF, you can't expect an OC to make chicken salad from chicken sh*t.

This isn't a defense of Schottenheimer by any means, merely a suggestion that an OC has far less impact than people seem to think.

My point was that like McCarthy in SF, you can't expect an OC to make chicken salad from chicken sh*t.

This isn't a defense of Schottenheimer by any means, merely a suggestion that an OC has far less impact than people seem to think.

I understand. I wonder if Sanchez might have developed into something with another guy. Right now he looks like road kill.

Back-to-back AFC Championship Game appearances weren't enough to satiate you?

Greedy pig.

When Greene got hurt in INdy, Sanchez could not generate anything by himself. He was a rook. Whaddayagonnado? But in both Indy and Pitt, our defense took a crap for a whole half. That is disturbing. I think Mark stinks, but I think Rex let us down even more in both of those games.

When Greene got hurt in INdy, Sanchez could not generate anything by himself. He was a rook. Whaddayagonnado? But in both Indy and Pitt, our defense took a crap for a whole half. That is disturbing. I think Mark stinks, but I think Rex let us down even more in both of those games.

While they certainly looked awful, the end result was that the defense gave up 17 points in the first half vs Pittsburgh. Actually, that's how much they gave up the whole game. They also took 2 points back with the safety. Net = 15 points. I'd say on balance the offense let us down a bit more.

Back-to-back AFC Championship Game appearances weren't enough to satiate you?

Greedy pig.

It means jack sh*t unless you win a championship, get over the fact that this franchise has been pathetic in the past and have real goals. We played like sh*t both of those regular seasons too.

I hope he doesn't get it, just so Tannenbaum has to go into Woody's office and explain why he gave a fat extension to a coach that he has to fire one year later.

Dude could have taken the Dolphins job 5 years ago...the big worry isn't that The Jags will turn him down....if you're worried at all it should be on whether he actually wants one of the available jobs. Who would want Jacksonville's job?

Each year I'm sure your hope is for the Jets to reach the championship game and lose.

No, the ideal season for me is one like this year, where the Jets fall far short of expectations and I can puff out my chest for being right in pointing out all of the negatives throughout the year.

It means jack sh*t unless you win a championship, get over the fact that this franchise has been pathetic in the past and have real goals. We played like sh*t both of those regular seasons too.

Thought for sure the "greedy pig" line would've been an indicator of the sarcasm, but I suppose not considering the volume of posters who would geniunely post such a thing.

Dude could have taken the Dolphins job 5 years ago...the big worry isn't that The Jags will turn him down....if you're worried at all it should be on whether he actually wants one of the available jobs. Who would want Jacksonville's job?

I actually talked to a dude from Florida whose dad is a Jaguars season ticket holder. He swore that the word is that Schottenheimer isnt a real candidate and that they'd rather let Tucker keep the job.

Thought for sure the "greedy pig" line would've been an indicator of the sarcasm, but I suppose not considering the volume of posters who would geniunely post such a thing.

Yeah its pretty much impossible to tell at this point, I see countless people post that seriously.

I actually talked to a dude from Florida whose dad is a Jaguars season ticket holder. He swore that the word is that Schottenheimer isnt a real candidate and that they'd rather let Tucker keep the job.

No doubt cut from the same cloth as the season ticket holders around here who were sure Schotty was going to get fired at the press conference. The opinions of season ticket holders hold as much stock as First Solar.

This is certainly a very legit point, which is why when this Schotty argument all began so long ago, my point was that my concern was never really about some overall offensive rankings, but the repeated failures that this offense has shown that can be linked directly back to the coaching, that this team has made going on 6 years without any signs of correction. The play calls that have every person who's ever watched a Jets game before knowing exactly what's coming and that it's going to fail (e.g., the empty backfield 3rd and 1 / 2 plays), the fact that the same plays continue to be run over and over for a full quarter after everyone watching at home already know the opposing defense has adjusted for them (e.g., the endless rollouts that were getting Sanchez killed snap after snap in this year's Oakland game), the complete give-up plays that make a bad situation even worse (run up the gut on 2nd and 17), or just the complete lack of feel for a game (6 years of some of the most moronically timed wildcat plays imaginable). None of these is even getting into the fact that after 6 years he still can't handle such simple tasks of his job as getting a play call in to his QB.

In the end, these independent items have an affect on the offensive rankings, but not any that could have a measurable value attached to them. There is no simple statistic that can really highlight these decisions, and sure it happens on occasion to every team, but when it happens with the frequency that it has in the past 6 years with the Jets, the way those decisions kill drives have an affect on the entire game, and make things more difficult on the entire team, both offense and defense. It's not that Schotty should be running a top-scoring defense with the likes of Sanchez under center, a coach can only do so much with the players that he's given, it's that the offense shouldn't have to overcome the ineptitude of their offensive coordinator before they even begin worrying about overcoming that of their fellow players.

I could tell you he's not a serious candidate for the Jaguars job. The guy's done interviews every year he's been here. I would be shocked if Jacksonville is the one to take seriously.

Now if the Colts fired Caldwell or the Chargers fired Turner and either wanted an interview? Then sure, that would be something to take seriously. The Jacksonville Jaguars? I'd laugh if it was sworn MJD would spare me.

Schitty is going to the Jaguars? damn. Just when I thought Blaine Gabbert couldn't suck any worse, and just when I wondered if Andrew Luck or whoever the Jags draft at QB will be a bomb, here comes Schitty to make sure their careers will go no where. I'm glad Jones-Drew got all those yards this season, because he won't be getting many if Schitty takes the helm.

NFL Network's Albert Breer has heard "continually" that Bengals OC Jay Gruden is the favorite to be the Jaguars' next head coach.

Jacksonville has targeted almost strictly offensive coordinators in its coaching search. Jon's younger brother, Jay Gruden has earned a reputation for tutoring young quarterbacks via his work with Andy Dalton. Gruden cannot interview for the Jaguars' gig until after Saturday's game against Houston, at soonest, but it sounds like the sides have already been in conversations. Gruden would implement a "horizontal" West Coast offense after Blaine Gabbert played his first year in Dirk Koetter's vertical-based scheme.

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football

Brian Schottenheimer will get the job in Jacksonville. The New York Jets will visit the Jacksonville Jaguars next season and Blaine Gabbert with have a career game throwing for 400 yards, 5 TD's.

Book it.

I'm pretty sure you've been clam-baking with Gato in his Civic for the past two weeks.

I'm pretty sure you've been clam-baking with Gato in his Civic for the past two weeks.

That would be one weird clam-bake. I'm down.

You know, I know, everyone knows if Schotty gets that job, their offense is going to go mental on the Jets and all the Schotty haters are going to jump off the Main Street Bridge and drown in the St. Johns River.

Archived