Mannys tweets from Sparano introduction PC extravaganza

Pac

Tony Sparano: "I am a guy that believes that you have to form an identity." #nyj

3 minutes ago

Sparano on making changes to offensive system: "Certainly I come in with a little different system and style." #nyj

3 minutes ago

Sparano says he preaches to all his QBs to "get to Square 1" and "bring him back fundamentally" in the offseason. #nyj

9 minutes ago

Sparano says there's "a lot of good pieces in place and a lot of weapons" on offense. #nyj

10 minutes ago

Sparano: "I like playing a physical style of offense. Doesn't mean you're going to run the ball 55 times a game." #nyj

15 minutes ago

Sparano on Sanchez: "He has a lot of good qualities. Athletic. Good release. Can get out of trouble... and extend plays." #nyj

16 minutes ago

Rex Ryan says that he will give Tony Sparano complete autonomy in the offense. "I'm not going to hold him back." #nyj

17 minutes ago

Rex Ryan: "It’s an exciting time for us. The negative part of 2011 I can’t wait to put that behind us. It’s kind of a fresh start." #nfl

18 minutes ago

Rex Ryan:" I don’t know how many that don’t feel confident in Mark Sanchez. Majority of our team has great deal of confidence in Sanchez"

21 minutes ago

rex Ryan: "I have a great deal of confidence in me." #nfl

23 minutes ago

Rex Ryan: "I’m going to have to learn what happened in 2011 and I’m confident I will." #nfl

24 minutes ago

Tannenbaum & Rex had 25-30 exit interviews. "Countless players" and "players on the staff" to find out what went wrong this year. #nyj

25 minutes ago

Rex Ryan: "Saying things and not putting your name on it. That’s not being a Jet. That’s going to change." #nfl

27 minutes ago

Rex on Sparano: "This is the guy that I wanted. He’s also the guy that Mike wanted." #nyj

28 minutes ago

Rex Ryan calls Brian Schottenheimer's decision to leave as a "mutual decision." Rex also says he "was blown away" by Sparano. #nyj

30 minutes ago

Rex Ryan on Tony Sparano: "This man can coach football. There's no question about it. ... He's a guy that can coach it all." #nyj

33 minutes ago

Rex says Haley, Lee & Dunbar have interviewed in past few days. "I'm confident that we will build and put together a tremendous staff" #nyj

34 minutes ago

Tannenbaum says "we have a number of coaches coming in" to interview. "Hard to say" whether Todd Haley will be brought on board

35 minutes ago

Rex Ryan on Sanchez: "Mark has done a lot of good things here." Praises red-zone development. #nyj

36 minutes ago

Rex Ryan says Sparano shares his beliefs to run the ball and protecting QB. Sounds like return to ground and pound philosophy. #nyj

38 minutes ago

Rex Ryan: "I never had the pulse of the team. That's the biggest thing to fix. But it's also the easiest thing to fix" #nfl

39 minutes ago

Rex Ryan: "This is an exciting time for me." Praises Sparano's Miami teams. #nyj

41 minutes ago

Tannenbaum says Schottenheimer told jets that "a fresh start" would be best for all parties. NYJ interviewed Callahan & Sparano for OC.

42 minutes ago

You know the best thing that Sparano brings to the Jets? Self scouting of the Jets.

Schottenheimer and Rex do a poor job of scouting themslelves Sparano can show them their tendencies and what other teams see.

I think it's good that he's a recent HC.. If rex refuses to get involved in the offense, you need a guy with a ton of experience running the O

You know the best thing that Sparano brings to the Jets? Self scouting of the Jets.

Schottenheimer and Rex do a poor job of scouting themslelves Sparano can show them their tendencies and what other teams see.

Thats an excellent point. Not to mention the success he had vs. the Jets during his tenure.

Glad to hear he interviewed both him and Callahan. Love the exit interview strategy to figure out where he went wrong. Hopefully they were honest. Love him saying the comments with out putting a name on it isnt the Jets brand.

I wanted a former HC to run the offense. If you're going to outsource it, I think its necessary. Hope it works.

I have a wait and see attitude about Sparano, but Rex's comments about "going back to being me" are disappointing. Does this mean that he will have an even bigger, more irresponsible mouth next year. He basically states that he tried to be a head coach but the team went 8-8. So he is going back to being a coordinator. How disappointing is that. Should we hire a head coach and make REx the DC? And complete autonomy again for the OC? Here is what I propose---that Rex never receive credit for a victory again.

I have a wait and see attitude about Sparano, but Rex's comments about "going back to being me" are disappointing. Does this mean that he will have an even bigger, more irresponsible mouth next year. He basically states that he tried to be a head coach but the team went 8-8. So he is going back to being a coordinator. How disappointing is that. Should we hire a head coach and make REx the DC? And complete autonomy again for the OC? Here is what I propose---that Rex never receive credit for a victory again.

If Rex doesn't know sh*t about offense, which he apparently doesn't, then I guess he might as well keep his nose out of it for the better.

If Rex doesn't know sh*t about offense, which he apparently doesn't, then I guess he might as well keep his nose out of it for the better.

Maybe, but then he isn't really a head coach, is he? Especially when he says he tried to be a head coach, but he is going back to being himself. It just depresses me. How can there be true cohesion when everyone is off doing his own thing? And why wouldn't a defensive coordinator know something about what works in an offense. No one wants him to coach WR technique. Or teach guys how not to fumble. Just have input into the plays that will work, and make the OC aware of what the defense might be doing.

Maybe, but then he isn't really a head coach, is he?

Someone will gladly take him off our hands if we try to demote him. To heck with it. Nothing to worry about.

How can there be true cohesion when everyone is off doing his own thing?

*Shrug* It worked really well in 2009 and 2010.

And why wouldn't a defensive coordinator know something about what works in an offense. No one wants him to coach WR technique. Or teach guys how not to fumble. Just have input into the plays that will work, and make the OC aware of what the defense might be doing.

There's no doubt he does do that...no doubt. He's just not very good at it.

I'm no expert, but I see it like this:

-There's a very slim margain for error in the NFL. There's not *too* much room between the best offensive mind and the worst offensive mind, or the best defensive mind and the worst defensive mind.

-Rex is a relatively young coach that hasn't had much experience with offenses. One way or another, he is probably best off delegating most of those responsibilities to others. In time, he will get better at this and assume more control over the offense but he will always be a defense first guy. Doesn't mean he's blameless, but the situation is what it is...

-Most NFL head coaches favor one side of the ball or the other, anyway. I'm not sure you can find many that are truly masters of both.

-In some cases, say, you've got a Manning or a Brady, that guy completely takes over one side of the ball for you. Yeah, the OC and QB coach have the authority in those situations and I'm certainly not saying they don't do anything but let's not kid ourselves about who is running the show. For a guy like Belichick, who, to my understanding, is a defense guy first, that's a tremendous asset. Interesting note about that, remember a few weeks ago when Brady threw an awful interception? It wasn't Belli calling him out, it was the QB coach if memory serves.

Someone will gladly take him off our hands if we try to demote him. To heck with it. Nothing to worry about.

I am not in favor of Rex leaving. I just want him to act more like a grownup. He says that he tried to be a head coach to everyone this year and it did not work. He blames that on the chemistry problem getting out of his control. That is hardly logical. And saying he is going back to his rooom to play with his toys and just be a DC again is not encouraging. Frankly I did not notice Rex coaching the whole team, unless he is responsible for why our offense was so putrid.

He was extremely lucky to get into the playoffs in 2009. No one can argue with how his teams played in the playoffs. Fact is they just were not good enough to get all the way to the Super Bowl on the road. And they are not consistent enough to get home field advantage.

You could be right, but if he is going to evolve into a head coach, he cannot just retreat from it.

-There's a very slim margain for error in the NFL. There's not *too* much room between the best offensive mind and the worst offensive mind, or the best defensive mind and the worst defensive mind.

-Rex is a relatively young coach that hasn't had much experience with offenses. One way or another, he is probably best off delegating most of those responsibilities to others. In time, he will get better at this and assume more control over the offense but he will always be a defense first guy. Doesn't mean he's blameless, but the situation is what it is...

-Most NFL head coaches favor one side of the ball or the other, anyway. I'm not sure you can find many that are truly masters of both.

He does not have to be a master. He cannot abdicate, however. Then you have two teams.

-In some cases, say, you've got a Manning or a Brady, that guy completely takes over one side of the ball for you. Yeah, the OC and QB coach have the authority in those situations and I'm certainly not saying they don't do anything but let's not kid ourselves about who is running the show. For a guy like Belichick, who, to my understanding, is a defense guy first, that's a tremendous asset. Interesting note about that, remember a few weeks ago when Brady threw an awful interception? It wasn't Belli calling him out, it was the QB coach if memory serves.

I don't care who yells at who on the sideline. Delegating is fine. Saying you have nothing to do with it but it is your responsibility is just childishly dumb.

It would be nice to have a Manning or a Brady.

After a month or two coaching Snachez, Sparano will begin to realize just how much he underappreciated Mark Anthony.

Unless you consider Sparano a complete dope, he already knows what he has in Sanchez. He has scouted him, he has coached against him multiple games, so there should not be anything he has not seen in the kid

Archived