Dustin Keller's trade value.

Barton

Not a traditional tight end. But still a mis-match for opposing defenses when the matchups are aligned in his favor.

If the Jets want him to block DE's they are wasting their time. Might as well ship this guy out.

It only makes sense to keep him if Sparano moves him around - H-back, WR, FB etc. Limited snaps at TE.

I think he is a player with solid respect around the league. I'm willing to assume he could fetch a 3rd + a conditional pick.

Something to consider, IMO.

Interesting question. I agree he's misused, but I'm interested to see what Sparano does with him. There's not a chance that he (Sparano) goes into next season without a decent all-around TE, which Keller most definitely isn't. Maybe he makes him an H-Back? I'm not even sure Sparano uses that kind of player, but he should.

Keller’s been Sanchez’s favorite target for two years. The Jets are having serious continuity problems with their WR’s.

Keller will be on the Jets next season

I cold not agree more. The idea of losing Keller scares me. He is the only guy playing for s half the time. Let's lose him and make it even harder for Sanchez to ever get confortable

We're looking at a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick for when Tannenbaum doesn't resign him. There's no way anyone is offering anything more than that right now. TE progressions say he's due for a solid season and who knows what the deal is going to be with this godforsaken offense. Considering the outright disasters we've had at TE other than Keller over the Tannenbradway years we're better off keeping him on for the season and just getting what we would have gotten anyways a year later.

The world would be a better place if people stopped attacking messengers and focused on the issue at hand.

Gobbledygook. The world would be a better place if stupid people realized that when someone else uses big words or variables that they can't comprehend, they are not in fact trying to trick them.

So thankful that people who play Madden don't run our team. Yep, let's get rid of Sanchez' favorite target. Brilliant. The one player he actually has chemistry with. Outstanding.

I agree. No chance the Jets consider trading a player who doesn't fit their system and is on the last year of his contract.

Gobbledygook. The world would be a better place if stupid people realized that when someone else uses big words or variables that they can't comprehend, they are not in fact trying to trick them.

There's a reason the big words guys have been banned and not the others. And it wasnt because they used big words.

Interesting question. I agree he's misused, but I'm interested to see what Sparano does with him. There's not a chance that he (Sparano) goes into next season without a decent all-around TE, which Keller most definitely isn't. Maybe he makes him an H-Back? I'm not even sure Sparano uses that kind of player, but he should.

Remember the key Quote by Sparano "coaching to your teams talents" I fully expect Sparano to adjust to the talent hes delt and that should not be very hard for a guy whos been around the game as long as he has

Remember the key Quote by Sparano "coaching to your teams talents" I fully expect Sparano to adjust to the talent hes delt and that should not be very hard for a guy whos been around the game as long as he has

Yep that's what he did in Miami

They were awesome

Keller’s been Sanchez’s favorite target for two years. The Jets are having serious continuity problems with their WR’s.

Keller will be on the Jets next season

Definitely. He's the first option on the team because Mark doesnt know how to throw to WR's.

Gronk and Graham would beast on every team in the league

Sure. That doesnt mean their QB can take advantage of their beastness, they happen to play with 2 HOF'ers. I'm pretty confident if either were on this team, they'd have very similar numbers to Keller.

Sure. That doesnt mean their QB can take advantage of their beastness, they happen to play with 2 HOF'ers. I'm pretty confident if either were on this team, they'd have very similar numbers to Keller.

Slightly better #'s than Keller but I agree with you. Keller is a valuable piece.

Archived