Braylon's tweet about coming back to the JETS

bkjetfan

Edwards has very similar career stats to your hero Holmes.

Odd that a WR would want to come to the Jets, knowing how awful the qb position situation is.

I think you like me.

Comparing the career of Braylon Edwards to Santonio Holmes is laughabe.

And that WR who you are assuming wants to come back to the Jets, is desperate. No team in the NFL wanted him. Nobody. And his team cut him right before their playoff run. lmfao.

That post was really weak. I think you thought you were baiting me into something.

Anyway, like I said, Braylon won me over while he was here. I'd take him back but I'm just worried the search for a better long term solution would end if we signed him and I dont think thats what is best for this team. Plus, who knows wtf is going on behind the scenes with this basket case. Obvioulsy the league knows something we dont.

I think you like me.

And that WR who you are assuming wants to come back to the Jets, is desperate. No team in the NFL wanted him. Nobody. And his team cut him right before their playoff run. lmfao.

That post was really weak. I think you thought you were baiting me into something.

Anyway, like I said, Braylon won me over while he was here. I'd take him back but I'm just worried the search for a better long term solution would end if we signed him and I dont think thats what is best for this team. Plus, who knows wtf is going on behind the scenes with this basket case. Obvioulsy the league knows something we dont.

Bup-z don't think about Braylon. He was good here but may never be again. Think of Braylon and Peyton. Who we should nickname "Pey Pey" to "Bray Bray'" Braylon top eight WO, playing with Peyton. I know it you know it, don't be agraid to show it.

I think you like me.

Of course I like you, what is not to like?

Tell me, what career numbers does Holmes have, that Edwards does not? Has Holmes played with better QB's in his career?

I am not sure what I want to happen with Edwards. He did seem to have some repoire with Sanchez, which makes me interested. Does it solve all that is wrong with the NYJ offense? of course not. But maybe, just maybe it is a piece.

Of course I like you, what is not to like?

Tell me, what career numbers does Holmes have, that Edwards does not? Has Holmes played with better QB's in his career?

I am not sure what I want to happen with Edwards. He did seem to have some repoire with Sanchez, which makes me interested. Does it solve all that is wrong with the NYJ offense? of course not. But maybe, just maybe it is a piece.

There numbers are very similar and Big Ben wasnt a stud while Holmes was there. Holmes has a season that most players would dream of. That alone, makes his career significantly better than anything BE will ever do.

SB MVP, SB Winner >>>> a guy who had a good season once - even if your going to take the position that otherwise just based on stats they are similar. Dont see how you can argue this one.

I will never try to deny hope, but I do need to have reality. Dream away

The reality of the Jets roster as it stand makes winning it all a pipe dream. Peyton signs with the Jets and bitches better hope he aint healthy. You and I will celebrate with Bacon and Seltzer. You like seltzer right?

There numbers are very similar and Big Ben wasnt a stud while Holmes was there. Holmes has a season that most players would dream of. That alone, makes his career significantly better than anything BE will ever do.

SB MVP, SB Winner >>>> a guy who had a good season once - even if your going to take the position that otherwise just based on stats they are similar. Dont see how you can argue this one.

I argue it based on the information you just gave:

"There (sic) numbers are very similar"

Seems like a pretty just debate, NOT just tossed away with a shrugged dismissal. Holmes does get benefit being a SB winner, and MVP. He also gets downgraded on giving up on a team also.

As you said, there is not much difference i their numbers. Not much separates them in terms of production

I argue it based on the information you just gave:

"There (sic) numbers are very similar"

Seems like a pretty just debate, NOT just tossed away with a shrugged dismissal. Holmes does get benefit being a SB winner, and MVP. He also gets downgraded on giving up on a team also.

As you said, there is not much difference i their numbers. Not much separates them in terms of production

BE was accused of giving up on his team w/ the Browns, if you recall. It wasnt as blatant and douchey as Holmes but that was the rumor up there. Didnt care, poor work ethic, gave up on team...etc etc etc.

Again, the fact their numbers are similiar, the debate is simple. One had a season for the ages and one had a good season. The season for ages seperates Holmes and puts him a different class. When its all said and done if their stats remain the same - I think its pretty easy to summize that Holmes had a much more significant/memorable career that would trump someone who will be a forgotten player and pretty much an utter bust considering he was what, the 3rd overall pick?

BE was accused of giving up on his team w/ the Browns, if you recall. It wasnt as blatant and douchey as Holmes but that was the rumor up there. Didnt care, poor work ethic, gave up on team...etc etc etc.

Again, the fact their numbers are similiar, the debate is simple. One had a season for the ages and one had a good season. The season for ages seperates Holmes and puts him a different class. When its all said and done if their stats remain the same - I think its pretty easy to summize that Holmes had a much more significant/memorable career that would trump someone who will be a forgotten player and pretty much an utter bust considering he was what, the 3rd overall pick?

This "memorable" season, are you talking the SB year?

One season does not define a career.

Bottom line, their production has ben relatively equal, both have had their flaws in team chemistry and one (Holmes), had a distinguished honor (once).

All things being equal, their production has been relatively the same. Which was my original point.

This "memorable" season, are you talking the SB year?

One season does not define a career.

Bottom line, their production has ben relatively equal, both have had their flaws in team chemistry and one (Holmes), had a distinguished honor (once).

All things being equal, their production has been relatively the same. Which was my original point.

Well - actually, one season does make a career. Just ask Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer. ;-).

Not but thats not my point. I dont get why this is trivial. If at the end of each career both have similiar numbers, Holmes will be remembered for his magical season while BE will be long forgotten and considered a bust. You really disagree with this?

Well - actually, one season does make a career. Just ask Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer. ;-).

Not but thats not my point. I dont get why this is trivial. If at the end of each career both have similiar numbers, Holmes will be remembered for his magical season while BE will be long forgotten and considered a bust. You really disagree with this?

If both of their careers ended today, they would be looked at for similar production. If you want to give a slight edge for a one game "title", so be it.

Numbers wise, there is not much separation. Intangibles aside.

There's the bottom line, the difference between Holmes and BE isn't even one season, it's one game. Obviously that game counts for a lot, but let's not pretend that there's anything beyond that. Truth is, neither player is anywhere near the performer they were once billed to be. The real difference is one flashed that ability on a garbage team that won nothing and the other did it for a Super Bowl winner. The main edge Holmes has over Edwards at this point is health.

There's the bottom line, the difference between Holmes and BE isn't even one season, it's one game. Obviously that game counts for a lot, but let's not pretend that there's anything beyond that. Truth is, neither player is anywhere near the performer they were once billed to be. The real difference is one flashed that ability on a garbage team that won nothing and the other did it for a Super Bowl winner. The main edge Holmes has over Edwards at this point is health.

and his ability to goad a gullible team into an over-bloated contract ;)

If both of their careers ended today, they would be looked at for similar production. If you want to give a slight edge for a one game "title", so be it.

Numbers wise, there is not much separation. Intangibles aside.

Disagree...but its all good. When we're watching replays of Holmes for the rest of your life and you're telling stories about what he did and what he could have done...there will be no stories about what Braylon Edwards could have done or what he did do. Why? Because he didnt have the magical season Holmes, winning the SB MVP and catching one of the more memorable balls in the NFL history.

Disagree...but its all good. When we're watching replays of Holmes for the rest of your life and you're telling stories about what he did and what he could have done...there will be no stories about what Braylon Edwards could have done or what he did do. Why? Because he didnt have the magical season Holmes, winning the SB MVP and catching one of the more memorable balls in the NFL history.

Again Jif, all I can do is compare what they have accomplished to date. The future is a crap shoot for everyone.

Again Jif, all I can do is compare what they have accomplished to date. The future is a crap shoot for everyone.

Right. And to date. One has a ring and SB MVP.

LOL so the difference between Holmes and Edwards is one catch? Who gives a damn?

Did you not see what he did this year? What a punk. Braylon never gave up on the team, Holmes was the one that did that.

Holmes was a punk. Braylon was too. Do you not remember Cleveland? Do you not remember the entire league wanting nothing to do with him?

Archived