Who would you less rather the dolphins get RG3 or Matt Flynn?

Jets23

Seeing that Miami is one of the top candidates to trade into the #2 spot and they have the former packers Packer's OC as the new HC it seems that one of these possibilities is going to happen. Who do you think poses a bigger threat to the Jets in the long term?

I am not convinced at all that Matt Flynn is a starting caliber NFL QB. I need to see more from a guy than two NFL starts with superior weapons...Flynn was a 7th round pick for a reason, he has never had ideal tools, size, athleticism; hell this guy had difficulty starting for his college team. Before anyone comes back yelling at me because Tom Brady was a late round pick and "it can happen," let it be said that Flynn's history strongly discourages the belief that he is a franchise QB. I would much rather the Dolphins overpay for this guy than take a guy who really could be a franchise QB in RGIII....

I am not convinced at all that Matt Flynn is a starting caliber NFL QB. I need to see more from a guy than two NFL starts with superior weapons...Flynn was a 7th round pick for a reason, he has never had ideal tools, size, athleticism; hell this guy had difficulty starting for his college team. Before anyone comes back yelling at me because Tom Brady was a late round pick and "it can happen," let it be said that Flynn's history strongly discourages the belief that he is a franchise QB. I would much rather the Dolphins overpay for this guy than take a guy who really could be a franchise QB in RGIII....

Pro bowl rosters are littered with late picks and undrafted players.

Tough question. Flynn will cost then more money but RG III will cost them draft picks. I think Flynn will be a better NFL QB and RG III will cost them more so out those two hopefully they get RG III.

I couldn't disagree more.

Flynn is a weak-armed Scott Mitchell. RGIII will be a nightmare to gameplan against.

This. Give them Flynn and watch him suck.

This actually makes me nervous.

Your recent track record with QB analysis has been brutally awful.

Going into the 2010 season you wouldn't shut up about how great you thought Chad Henne was. Going into last year you were on the Josh Freeman bandwagon. Come to think of it, you went out of your way early last season to explain why you didn't hate Sanchez and why you thought he could be good only to have that blow up in your face as well.

Nowadays you're in love with Timmy Tebow.

Translation: by this time next year we'll be discussing what QB the Broncos will take in the draft.

I just hope your renewed hatred of Sanchez pays us dividends as well.

This actually makes me nervous.

Your recent track record with QB analysis has been brutally awful.

Going into the 2010 season you wouldn't shut up about how great you thought Chad Henne was. Going into last year you were on the Josh Freeman bandwagon. Come to think of it, you went out of your way early last season to explain why you didn't hate Sanchez and why you thought he could be good only to have that blow up in your face as well.

Nowadays you're in love with Timmy Tebow.

Translation: by this time next year we'll be discussing what QB the Broncos will take in the draft.

I just hope your renewed hatred of Sanchez pays us dividends as well.

Tebow >>> Sanchez.

Wait till Henne is our starting QB.

If the Dolphins get 1 of those 2, hope it's Flynn. Just suspect he got a bit of Matt Cassel magic and that's all he'll ever be. RG3, who knows...

Either way though I don't think either of those guys become much of anything in Miami...

This is pretty much what I am hoping for. Although I think Flynn has a chance at being a solid starting QB I feel there's a better chance he ends up looking more like Cassel. Whereas RGIII truly frightens me with his sheer athletic ability and at least decent throwing mechanics.

This is pretty much what I am hoping for. Although I think Flynn has a chance at being a solid starting QB I feel there's a better chance he ends up looking more like Cassel. Whereas RGIII truly frightens me with his sheer athletic ability and at least decent throwing mechanics.

But end of the day IIRC thats what they said about Vince Young.

I hope they pay out the ar$e for Kevin Flynn ... I mean Matt Kolb ... I mean - oh screw it!!

just to play devils advocate why is Case Keenum a system QB but RG3 isn't?

I think RG3 has incredible physical skills. I was also impressed with the way he carried himself this week. Also, I believe his ace WR put up pedestrian numbers, which indicates to me that RG3's better than advertised. I think the best is yet to come - he will truly shine when he's on the field with ten other NFL calibre players.

I don't watch alot of college ball but I try to watch enough of the major prospects so I can have somewhat of an educated opinion about them. And from what I've seen of Luck and Griffin I'm inclined to think that Griffin will have the better pro career. This week's input helped - tho I read that Luck did well too at the combine.

Archived