Trying to get Peyton is foolish.

ugotpwned

He's 36 and we will have to shift things around to get him in the cap. We traded to get Sanchez in the draft, he's 10 years younger and shows a lot of potential. I can't reason with jets fans who want to make knee jerk reactions.

I think this is a post event opinion. After the game is over I am like 'I should have bet this game I know they would win!'. Some of you may think you are, but I have the title, "I'm the best post-bet-ter in history". Yes, I know everything after it happens more than anyone else.

As far as Manning if he comes and wins a Super Bowl I'll tell you I was all for it. If he gets hurt the first game and never plays again I'll tell you I was against it.

How's that for a Tannenbaum type answer?

Trying to get Peyton Manning on your team is NOT foolish.

Putting the squeeze on his future teammates and/or trading away players to make cap space AND neglecting other critical needs of the team just to get him; despite his questionable health...That's pretty foolish.

Trying to get Peyton Manning on your team is NOT foolish.

Putting the squeeze on his future teammates and/or trading away players to make cap space AND neglecting other critical needs of the team just to get him; despite his questionable health...That's pretty foolish.

+1

He's 36 and we will have to shift things around to get him in the cap. We traded to get Sanchez in the draft, he's 10 years younger and shows a lot of potential. I can't reason with jets fans who want to make knee jerk reactions.

Shhhhhhhh. This is the offseason-some Jets' fans time to dream and dream big of things that may be (although in reality, have no shot of working out in a positive outcome).

Don't wake their slumber until July.

I think this is a post event opinion. After the game is over I am like 'I should have bet this game I know they would win!'. Some of you may think you are, but I have the title, "I'm the best post-bet-ter in history". Yes, I know everything after it happens more than anyone else.

Well, it really is an all or nothing proposition, isn't it? IF they even go after Manning, they put the final nail in the Sanchez coffin and they'll have to start over there. If they actually get Manning and he gets hurt, Rex and Tanny are toast, anyway. In typical Jets fashion, they've already played this thing like loudmouths at a poker table. The right answer to the question of going after Manning is, "No, we're happy with Mark and we think he'll be our QB for the next ten years." Of course, behind the scenes, you send scouts to any workout Manning participates in and you keep in touch with his agent to establish contract parameters as part of your cough "due diligence." That's not Tannenbaum's way, though. He's gotta announce to the world that him and Woody are big-time ballers that deserve a seat at the big-boy table.

I can not think of anytime where the Jets have gone and brought that "big-name" or / sure shot HOF'er that was nearing the end or on the downside of his career and had it work out for them. From Boomer Esiason, to Ronnie Lott, Leonard Marshall, Neil O'Donnell, Steve Atwater, Brett Favre, Plex, it has never worked out for them.

I'm sure the Jets will take a look (as they should) but unless Manning can show them that he 110% and is willing to work out a VERY cap friendly deal then I hope the Jets pass on Manning.

Shhhhhhhh. This is the offseason-some Jets' fans time to dream and dream big of things that may be (although in reality, have no shot of working out in a positive outcome).

Don't wake their slumber until July.

Hello Scott. Does starting Sanchez again fit in this category?

This potential you see in Pick 6. Wish to share it with the rest of us? Is it the 2 turnovers a game? Giving away 8-9 points every game? Being incapable of accuracy nor throwing deep?

I see a Jets' team with Sanchez and a very good defense splitting the Bills and Dolphins, losing 2 to the Pats,Sanchez getting benched for McElroy/Henne and finishing at best 8-8.

Manning if healthy makes this a 12-win team.

Sanchez has earned exactly nothing with his play so far. Pretending otherwise is the definition of foolish.

Suggest we revisit this around Thanksgiving. I would love to be wrong.

Hello Scott. Does starting Sanchez again fit in this category?

It has a more positive outcome than bringing in Peyton, as the Jets can cut their losses after next season and find the appropriate solution if it does not work out.

I am tired of the Jets bringing in past their prime/injured quarterbacks that they pick up form other teams, rather than creating their own solutions internally.

All Peyton does is provide a quick tease without the eventual savor.

It has a more positive outcome than bringing in Peyton, as the Jets can cut their losses after next season and find the appropriate solution if it does not work out.

I am tired of the Jets bringing in past their prime/injured quarterbacks that they pick up form other teams, rather than creating their own solutions internally.

I understand the logic of this completely. But it also means pissing away another season. And you only get so many, not only as a fan, but as a coach and as a GM. If Manning is going to come here it has to be with the understanding that the Jets need at least a 2-year committment.

Wow negative.

Rex's D + Peyton = Jets Superbowl

>REALTALK<

I understand the logic of this completely. But it also means pissing away another season. And you only get so many, not only as a fan, but as a coach and as a GM. If Manning is going to come here it has to be with the understanding that the Jets need at least a 2-year committment.

So positive

2 year commitment = 2 Superbowls

>REALTALK<

I can not think of anytime where the Jets have gone and brought that "big-name" or / sure shot HOF'er that was nearing the end or on the downside of his career and had it work out for them. From Boomer Esiason, to Ronnie Lott, Leonard Marshall, Neil O'Donnell, Steve Atwater, Brett Favre, Plex, it has never worked out for them.

I'm sure the Jets will take a look (as they should) but unless Manning can show them that he 110% and is willing to work out a VERY cap friendly deal then I hope the Jets pass on Manning.

Oh really? Favre was not a total destruction... We were 8-3 with Favre until he hurt his arm.. Beat the Pats...

Oh really? Favre was not a total destruction... We were 8-3 with Favre until he hurt his arm.. Beat the Pats...

In 1986 the Jets were 10-1, I am not celebrating that. Please Jet fans, don't make beating the Patriots once in any particular season, the Super Bowl.

Brett Favre broke down and made some very stupid plays toward the end of the year. SURPRISE! Not really. It was forecast by many. Just because the jets had one good streak with him, did not make it a great move.

Does that mean the Manning situation will turn out the same? Of course not. But it has the earmarks.

It boils down to how much for how long, and how healthy is he and how does the contract affect the Jets, post Manning. A lot of factors to satisfy there.

I would love to get Peyton M. just because he's one of my fav players of all time . But truthfully it's a double edged sword you can wind up spending big money just to chance him getting seriously injured again.

So positive

2 year commitment = 2 Superbowls

>REALTALK<

It's all Moot - Either The Colts will trade Manning to the Rams Prior to March 3 or they will release him & the Rams will sign him to a slightly lower amount & then trade the #2 pick for more receivers.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/563969-nfl-rumors-would-st-louis-owner-kroenke-trade-bradford-for-peyton-manning

http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-draft/2012/3/1/2835543/nfl-draft-2012-rams-trade

If you would have simply left the name of the thread and in the subject left a period (.) even that would have made total sense.

I agree.

I agree. Mark bombs the ball down field and hooks up with receivers on a consistent basis. He is definitely showing tons of potential. No way should we ever consider a QB that is headed to the HOF.

Maybe we should stop taking old sloppy 2nds from other teams and develop our QB's just like those other teams.

It's all Moot - Either The Colts will trade Manning to the Rams Prior to March 3 or they will release him & the Rams will sign him to a slightly lower amount & then trade the #2 pick for more receivers.

http://bleacherrepor...-peyton-manning

http://www.sbnation....2012-rams-trade

This post both broke my heart and scrambled my brain. So should the latest talk be about us trying to get Bradford?

Archived