Francesa hearing that the Mannings want Houston

T0mShane

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you read the body language in todays presser you could tell that Irsay and Manning

1) don't like one another now

2) Manning is a better public speaker - and dare I say more intelligent, than Irsay

3) there is a good chance that Irsay is hitting the bottle again.

Ha!

Personally, I liked the forced snivels, and repetitive "...we like each other a lot... pretty much 'besties'... "

Manning was in the driver's seat during that presser.

On the surface you may be right, Manning is looking for the Big time and a big paycheck and that also means huge commerical deals...i.e. NY JETS (for better or worse). You have to admit if he comes here what would be a bigger story line for the next 6 months and through the season?

I don't think Manning is looking for the "big time." He is already the most recognizable face in the NFL. He's gonna get huge endorsement money no matter where he goes.

He's looking for a comfy fit where he has a legit shot at a SB.

Houston pretty much offers everything he's looking for except the cap space and we all know there are ways around that.

I don't think Manning is looking for the "big time." He is already the most recognizable face in the NFL. He's gonna get huge endorsement money no matter where he goes.

He's looking for a comfy fit where he has a legit shot at a SB.

Houston pretty much offers everything he's looking for except the cap space and we all know there are ways around that.

What about the Toyota commericals??????

Mentioned this another thread a couple of days ago. Manning wants Houston first and Tennessee second...He's hoping to stay in the division so he can stick it to Irsay twice a year ala Farve.

Maybe we could pry Schaub from Houston once the deal is done.

Of course Manning wants Houston look at the talent on that houston team you think the Mannings want the Jets with Green McKnight Powell Holmes lol.... or Foster Tate Johnson ? No brainer IMO

But mannings forgeting one Key element Jets fans know that they have Super Stars all over the field on offense they are top five man ...Hell maybe if Peyton comes here we might be able to lure back the incredible 35 year old Plaxico !!! Manning also does not realize that Hunter is heading for a pro Bwol next season :P and Keller will stretch for balls in the middle of the field with Safties and LB's looming just like Dallas Clark used to do. If only Peyton was as smart as the Jets fans

I find it funny the hard-on that's developed in recent times for the Texans, when the truth is the team only just made the playoffs for the very first time in their history, and it only took them 9 years. Considering that last year was the first time their team's defense ever wasn't a complete joke, I'm not exactly holding my breath thinking they won't take any steps back there, and the truth is, their passing game is essentially a one man show, and AJ is only getting older and more injury prone as time goes on. Don't get me wrong, I think they're a pretty good team, but I'm far from blown away by them either.

There's other reasons I could see Manning wanting to go there (the division, venue), but I hardly see a team that's particularly more talented than a number of other potential suitors. If anything, the real difference last year between them and a lot of the other teams in question was when they actually had a healthy quality QB worth a damn. And frankly, given how badly Manning has owned the Texans over the course of his career, I'm not sure how enamored he would be with their talent either.

Of course Manning wants Houston look at the talent on that houston team you think the Mannings want the Jets with Green McKnight Powell Holmes lol.... or Foster Tate Johnson ? No brainer IMO

But mannings forgeting one Key element Jets fans know that they have Super Stars all over the field on offense they are top five man ...Hell maybe if Peyton comes here we might be able to lure back the incredible 35 year old Plaxico !!! Manning also does not realize that Hunter is heading for a pro Bwol next season :tongue: and Keller will stretch for balls in the middle of the field with Safties and LB's looming just like Dallas Clark used to do. If only Peyton was as smart as the Jets fans

Man great points Smash. You are so dialed in to the NFL and what it takes to be successful its scary. That stacked and I mean STACKED! Houston offense managed to score a whole 23.8 pts per game. Which blew the Jets 23.6 out of the water. And their passing attack with all that amazing talent at WR, TE, RB and OL - managed an insane 219yrds per game vs. the Jets horrendous 206.

You're right. Its amazing what talent on offense can do for a team.

I find it funny the hard-on that's developed in recent times for the Texans, when the truth is the team only just made the playoffs for the very first time in their history, and it only took them 9 years. Considering that last year was the first time their team's defense ever wasn't a complete joke, I'm not exactly holding my breath thinking they won't take any steps back there, and the truth is, their passing game is essentially a one man show, and AJ is only getting older and more injury prone as time goes on. Don't get me wrong, I think they're a pretty good team, but I'm far from blown away by them either.

There's other reasons I could see Manning wanting to go there (the division, venue), but I hardly see a team that's particularly more talented than a number of other potential suitors. If anything, the real difference last year between them and a lot of the other teams in question was when they actually had a healthy quality QB worth a damn. And frankly, given how badly Manning has owned the Texans over the course of his career, I'm not sure how enamored he would be with their talent either.

+1.5

Man great points Smash. You are so dialed in to the NFL and what it takes to be successful its scary. That stacked and I mean STACKED! Houston offense managed to score a whole 23.8 pts per game. Which blew the Jets 23.6 out of the water. And their passing attack with all that amazing talent at WR, TE, RB and OL - managed an insane 219yrds per game vs. the Jets horrendous 206.

Well yeah WTF was I thinking having an elite RB and WR on the same team what a concept . You think it would have made a difference if Shaub stayed Healthy ? Rather than having to play a rookie who got NO SNAPS all year long in practice ? Use your head will you please

Its already being talked about in other threads. Thought maybe you knew something the rest of us didnt.

No, that's your job because of all your connections to professional athletes.

See? This approach works much better in the football forum, when directed at Smash, than in bball threads.

On the surface you may be right, Manning is looking for the Big time and a big paycheck and that also means huge commerical deals...i.e. NY JETS (for better or worse). You have to admit if he comes here what would be a bigger story line for the next 6 months and through the season?

Yeah. I mean, Manning really struggled to find endorcements in Indianapolis (media capital of the galaxy), so he'd definitely avoid a city like Houston.

Well yeah WTF was I thinking having an elite RB and WR on the same team what a concept . You think it would have made a difference if Shaub stayed Healthy ? Rather than having to play a rookie who got NO SNAPS all year long in practice ? Use your head will you please

But but but, I thought it was about all the surrounding talent. Not the QB.

See? This approach works much better in the football forum, when directed at Smash, than in bball threads.

I'm learning. Please be patient.

Yeah. I mean, Manning really struggled to find endorcements in Indianapolis (media capital of the galaxy), so he'd definitely avoid a city like Houston.

Did you know that Houston is the 3rd largest city in the States? Me either. Till I drove past a large billboard telling me so.

...who played as well as, if not better than Sanchez when thrust into action. Yes, the same guy who threw for 300 yards in a victory against Cincy without the benefit of an injured Andre Johnson.

If you want to go that route I can bring up the playoffs where he did have Andre Johnson and threw for 159 Yards and one TD and Arian Foster went nuts with 153 yards and 2 TD's and in the other game vs the Ravens he was 184 yards and 3 Ints only reason they stayed in the game at all was Foster once again. Want to compare those 2 playoff gems to Sanchez 4 road victories and the 17 -6 lead vs the Colts when the Jets defense sh*t the bed and the idiot Jet coaches went conservative ?

The only reason you seem to even bother responding to anything is to drag Sanchez into the conversation GTF over it already

But but but, I thought it was about all the surrounding talent. Not the QB.

I'm learning. Please be patient.

I does not surprise me one bit you cant see the difference between a QB playing for 8 years and rookie who was lucky to see a few snaps a week in practice

Stop with the sarcasim, but if he is here it would be like no other place that's what I am saying. NY is NY....

Stop with the sarcasim, but if he is here it would be like no other place that's what I am saying. NY is NY....

When you're Amar'e Stoudemire or Justin Tuck, sure, you'll have more endorsement opportunities in NY. When you're LeBron James or Peyton Manning, it means next to nothing.

When you're Amar'e Stoudemire or Justin Tuck, sure, you'll have more endorsement opportunities in NY. When you're LeBron James or Peyton Manning, it means next to nothing.

What would you say to the TV ratings of a Manning Lead Jets when we face the Pats on a Sunday or Monday night?

What would you say to the TV ratings of a Manning Lead Jets when we face the Pats on a Sunday or Monday night?

that really does not have much to do with his personal endorsements ...hes going to have those no matter where he plays

Archived