Francesa hearing that the Mannings want Houston

T0mShane

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be a little bit afraid of Kubiak, myself. Not sure if he's a great-great coach just yet.

yes, because Peyton needs a great coach? C'mon.

I could see this happening. I could see the Jets then trading for Shaub since Sanchez' hurt feelings will be beyond repair. What would be really cool is if the Pats ended up with Mario Williams to boot. Holla! :)

yes, because Peyton needs a great coach? C'mon.

I could see this happening. I could see the Jets then trading for Shaub since Sanchez' hurt feelings will be beyond repair. What would be really cool is if the Pats ended up with Mario Williams to boot. Holla! :)

Did you just say "Holla"?

It's actually a perfect fit.

On the surface you may be right, Manning is looking for the Big time and a big paycheck and that also means huge commerical deals...i.e. NY JETS (for better or worse). You have to admit if he comes here what would be a bigger story line for the next 6 months and through the season?

Schaub was originally drafted by Atlanta in the 3rd round.

He was traded to Houston for: (1) a swap of first round picks [ATL moved from #10, to #8], (2) second round picks, in 2007 and 2008.

The 5th year of his 6-year contract was ended short with a week-10 injury to his foot. While I'm not a numbers guy, the last year of his contract will not impact the Texans, cap-wise, in a way to exclude them from making a move. Schaub is set to make $7.15MM this year before hitting free agency in 2013.

One would have to imagine that trading for Schaub could net the Texans similar value to what they traded to get him. At least a pair of 2nd round picks. Which is interesting, because a lot of the teams including those who miss out on Manning would likely be potential suitors for Schaub's services (Seattle, Cleveland, Washington, Miami). This has the potential domino-effect to drastically change the entire direction of the draft.

Don't forget the other reason. The Texans play the Colts twice a year.

For some reason, future HOFers like to stay in the same division when they leave home, to stick it to their former franchise.

That is a good point!

Don't forget the other reason. The Texans play the Colts twice a year.

For some reason, future HOFers like to stay in the same division when they leave home, to stick it to their former franchise.

If you read the body language in todays presser you could tell that Irsay and Manning

1) don't like one another now

2) Manning is a better public speaker - and dare I say more intelligent, than Irsay

3) there is a good chance that Irsay is hitting the bottle again.

Houston is perfect. It has every piece in place, including top RB, receiving TEs and an ace WR. Not to mention a superior defense. Plus weather. Manning is going to go to the safest possible destination. Houston is pretty perfect.

As far as the Jets are concerned, I don't think Manning'd have any need to test him arm strength and legacy in the cold, windy northeast. A trip to Buffalo in winter and two games against the Pats. Nuh uh.

Archived