Incarcerated Bob at it again?

BurnleyJet

Sounds like a perfect fit.

Switching to a 4-3 base defense does fit our personell better than 3-4 at this particular moment with Scott up in the air (slowing down) and BT also a big question mark. We have a slew of big D lineman and if we get Freeny it all makes sense. I would welcome a stud like him on our team and would be willing to shuffle things around a bit to fit him in. Rex is good enough with the D to make adjustments like that IMO

Freeny and Wilk on the outside with Pouha (if he's retained) and Ellis ( in his second season) in the middle sounds pretty good to me.

Switching to a 4-3 base defense does fit our personell better than 3-4 at this particular moment with Scott up in the air (slowing down) and BT also a big question mark.

Rex is the coach he runs a 3-4 with 46 bear looks. Switching to the 4-3 is not a move he's going to make.

Do you not think Rex is capable of such a move?

he could... but it's like saying Van Gogh should switch from oil painting to pencil. the 3-4 is harder to run, and if you run it right, it's often elite. every jack off team runs a 4-3.

Switching to a 4-3 base defense does fit our personell better than 3-4 at this particular moment with Scott up in the air (slowing down) and BT also a big question mark. We have a slew of big D lineman and if we get Freeny it all makes sense. I would welcome a stud like him on our team and would be willing to shuffle things around a bit to fit him in. Rex is good enough with the D to make adjustments like that IMO

Freeny and Wilk on the outside with Pouha (if he's retained) and Ellis ( in his second season) in the middle sounds pretty good to me.

Huh?

First off in a 4-3 base, it's Pace who would move to DE not 320-lb Wilkerson. Pace wasn't too good at DE with Arizona.

Then you want us to trade another draft pick or two for 32 year-old Dwight Freeney with 1 year left on his contract at $14M.

Then we'd need two OLB'ers.

Then we have to deal with $13M/year David Harris not having nearly enough sideline-to-sideline speed to be a lone MLB.

This is a worse idea than Rex making Santonio Holmes a captain.

Huh?

First off in a 4-3 base, it's Pace who would move to DE not 320-lb Wilkerson. Pace wasn't too good at DE with Arizona.

Then you want us to trade another draft pick or two for 32 year-old Dwight Freeney with 1 year left on his contract at $14M.

Then we'd need two OLB'ers.

Then we have to deal with $13M/year David Harris not having nearly enough sideline-to-sideline speed to be a lone MLB.

This is a worse idea than Rex making Santonio Holmes a captain.

I'm just talking hypotheticals. Wilk can most certainly play 4-3 DE if we had a Freeney on the other side. I would also question Harris' sideline to sideline speed as you do. Truth be told I'm not a fan of Pace in the slightest, but maybe he might be effective (he's not in his current role) as a 4-3 OLB if the pass rush is coming from the DE on his side. I'm just tossing it around on this day before FA. Don't take everything so seriously Sperm.

Archived