Schilens to Visit Jets

MTJ06

Suspect he will leave with a contract. On paper the guy looks great. Can't stay healthy.

Sanjay Lal knows him, and I have to assume has recommended him.

Shouldn't cost much, has high upside. (If he can stay on field) jets will give him a chance to be a starter.

Post image for FA WR Chaz Schilens Visits The Jets

Free agentWR Chaz Schilens is visiting the Jets as confirmed Rich Cimini and others today,

If the Jets sign Chaz, it wouldn’t affect any deal with Cotchery as Cotch would be WR2 vs. Chaz’s WR4.

di
di

1APQr3kFVOk

View the full article

This is what you get when you have little cap room to spend and multiple needs. Look for gems that can pan out hopefully

this guy fills the bill perfectly. Looks great, just can't stay healthy. It could be a great cheap signing, or it could be a waste of money on a player who will be hurt in camp

Great that means we need to sign him!

Well, the WR's coach, who used to coach him, is obviously pushing for him. So far the only other WR I've heard the Jets are talking to is Cotchery.

Cotchery is not a #2. I'll take this guy see what happens

Well, the WR's coach, who used to coach him, is obviously pushing for him. So far the only other WR I've heard the Jets are talking to is Cotchery.

Cotchery is not a #2. I'll take this guy see what happens

I don't know dude.......

In four season he's got 72 catches, 902 yards and 7 TDs.

He's a ******* bum, now you see way we get happy when there's a chance for us to sign someone like Meriweather.

His is ******* sad

Sad......all too sad....

In four season he's got 72 catches, 902 yards and 7 TDs.

He's a ******* bum, now you see way we get happy when there's a chance for us to sign someone like Meriweather.

His is ******* sad

Shhhh Relax shhhhhhhh, there you go, shhhhhhhh.

Before Campbell/Palmer, I wouldn't say this guy had a worthwhile QB throwing him the ball or an elite WR line'n up with him.

We aren't gonna throw a lot of money his way and he may have an upside.

Shhhhhhhhh, its ok, hussssshhhhhh.

I don't know, works with my daughter *shrugs*

Shhhh Relax shhhhhhhh, there you go, shhhhhhhh.

Before Campbell/Palmer, I wouldn't say this guy had a worthwhile QB throwing him the ball or an elite WR line'n up with him.

We aren't gonna throw a lot of money his way and he may have an upside.

Shhhhhhhhh, its ok, hussssshhhhhh.

I don't know, works with my daughter *shrugs*

The guy is complete garbage and not worth any money. We don't need to bring in a guy to help our WRs learn the new coaches system. I'd rather the coach do his ******* job and coach them instead of spending money on Elijah Price to play WR and ST cause he's not making 10 games.

We could draft someone in the late rounds to play WR 4, ST and sit on the bench.

Jets could add some Chaz to WR corps

March, 14, 2012

Mar 14

4:23

PM ET

By Rich Cimini

A high-profile free agent, he's not, but WR Chaz Schilens (Raiders) is scheduled to visit the Jets, perhaps as early as Wednesday night.

Why the interest in Schilens? He's big (6-foot-4) and fast (a 4.33 40 at the 2008 combine), and the Jets are looking for a big and fast receiver to play opposite Santonio Holmes. The Jets also don't want to break the bank, knowing they might add a receiver in the draft.

It might be a stretch to cast Schilens in a starting role, considering his limited background. He has only 72 catches in four seasons, having missed 19 games in '09 and '10 due to injuries (including a broken foot). This is what one personnel executive told me about Schilens: "He has tools, just injury and durability concerns."

Schilens had just 23 receptions for 271 yards and two touchdowns last season, but he appeared in only 397 plays, according to Pro Football Focus. He was targeted 34 times, so a 23-catch/34-target ratio is very good. He had only one drop.

With his size, Schilens should be effective in the red zone, but he was targeted only four times inside the 20. All four were completed for 49 yards and two touchdowns.

He has an ally in the Jets' organization, receivers coach Sanjay Lal, his former position coach in Oakland.

Like him or not, i think they are going to sign this guy with Lal's recommendation.

for the money they have to pay a WR, he probably has the most upside.

I believe he has already interviewed with the 49'ers .

Not saying the guys going to be great, just looking at their options with the money they have. Right now they don't have a #2 WR at all

The guy is complete garbage and not worth any money. We don't need to bring in a guy to help our WRs learn the new coaches system. I'd rather the coach do his ******* job and coach them instead of spending money on Elijah Price to play WR and ST cause he's not making 10 games.

We could draft someone in the late rounds to play WR 4, ST and sit on the bench.

Well, from what I can remember about him is that he has decent hands and is pretty physical (maybe a little to much with his injury history).

Hey, I'm not saying this is a great sign, for all we know he could be a great lockerroom guy....I'm just saying if we add a wideout that's better, its not terrible depthwise...we have what, 3 wr's under contract?

Add Edwards and a 3rd or 4th on draft day that can be groomed, ehh...maybe?

I don't know.

But I have to suspect that Lal might know a lot more about the guys potential then i do, so I'll go with what he decides.

Otherwise we wasted a lot of money on a WR's coach

He's just being a lazy **** and trying to bring in a guy to help him teach the team his ways. Every coach does it, hell I do the same thing when I'm training dogs. Bring one of my old dogs to show the new ones what I want them to do.

The coach is a lazy ****, prick wasting money on Elijah Price so you can save yourself some work.

Archived