Throw out the the Tebow as our starter idea

GREENBEAN

In response to my post where I said that Sanchez was "barely serviceable" at times last season you call me a "homer." :face:

So simply believing that it is moronic to give up on a QB you traded up 12 spots to get after only three years when there are plenty of examples of young QBs blossoming in year four and five makes you a homer now?

Funny, I thought it was simply rational.

I guess the only way you aren't a homer around here is if you're a negative prick who questions the intelligence of anyone who disagrees with you.

You're just hedging. It wasn't long ago you were screaming about him being a franchise QB.

The reality is, the transition is apparently beginning. We'll welcome you, but you'll be hazed.

Based on the actual words spoken by Rex, I'm pretty sure the Jets have a clearly defined role for Tebow in mind that does not include him starting at QB.

I don't think Rex is the type of coach that will be cowed by media pressure to start anyone.

Ding...Ding...Ding... we have a winner folks. That's the thing. Sanchez should be the starter, if Ryan can get a package that Tebow can run and run well, then I really don't think a defense can stop our offense consistently.

Two scenarios in which Tebow starts:

1.) Sanchez is injured.

2.) Sanchez is so mentally weak that he collapses under Tebowmania the first time the boobirds start singing.

Two weeks after Tebow gets his first start, the McElroy chants will begin.

Listening to Tebow speak, you can see how an impressionable coach can get hoodwinked into shoehorning him into the starting lineup. The scenario I imagine is somewhere in between your 1 and 2, especially after Tebow runs over a few DBs.

All I am saying is Sanchez was not on the field when Cruz caught the TD and ran for 1000yards down field, and Sanchez wasn't on the field trying to tackle Tebow and the score was 17-7 Jets when the D went to sleep in the Raider game....there is plenty of blame to go around but lets be objective about things not subjective.

You said don't pin it on Sanchez, those games were on the D. Doesn't that mean you're pinning the loss on the defense?

Big plays, long drives happen in every game. To cherry pick those two instances and pin even PART of those losses on the defense is well, indefensible.

Anyone already knows that Tebow's mechanics need to be honed.....is it an impossible task...NO.....can it be done...Yes...It really is up to Tebow to learn and adjust and I do believe that will happen.

By the way, Elway didnt want this kid from the start and stabbed him in the back even after Tebow took an average Bronco's team and single handly made them viable again and took them to the playoffs.

Be very careful what you wish for....Denver is one injury away from being a non-factor for another 10 years....eat that Elway!

I could not agree more. I'm not rooting for it, but I have a feeling that Peyton won't last the season. It's the main reason I was hoping the jets didn't try and get him.

It's really not fixable. No QB has ever come into the league with mechanics as bad as Tebow and "fixed" them.

You're right. Tebow is an innovator. In a couple years when Sanchez can be cut, he will have fixed everything.

Anyone already knows that Tebow's mechanics need to be honed.....is it an impossible task...NO.....can it be done...Yes...It really is up to Tebow to learn and adjust and I do believe that will happen.

By the way, Elway didnt want this kid from the start and stabbed him in the back even after Tebow took an average Bronco's team and single handly made them viable again and took them to the playoffs.

Be very careful what you wish for....Denver is one injury away from being a non-factor for another 10 years....eat that Elway!

Your dreaming

I could not agree more. I'm not rooting for it, but I have a feeling that Peyton won't last the season. It's the main reason I was hoping the jets didn't try and get him.

I was at first all for it, then I thought what are we doing....but I am all in with Tebow...some may think I am nuts but lets see what happens this year....

You said don't pin it on Sanchez, those games were on the D. Doesn't that mean you're pinning the loss on the defense?

Big plays, long drives happen in every game. To cherry pick those two instances and pin even PART of those losses on the defense is well, indefensible.

I don't love Sanchez, but the kid gets hammered on all fronts....I specifically stated those three games because if the D made that one play in the game, we would have won. I am not talking about just one game I am talking about 3 games in which we had the lead and blew it...come on man.

I was at first all for it, then I thought what are we doing....but I am all in with Tebow...some may think I am nuts but lets see what happens this year....

Oddly, I'm actually all in for Sanchez. I think he's been getting a rw deal with Schotty and the switching of the WR group every year. He knows this is a big year for him. Tebow is breathing down his neck. Holmes, Keller, Kerly and Turner are all coming back.

It's make or break for him I think and for now, I'm going to keep optimistic. Ya know... send him positive vibes and sh*t. If he can't do it then at least we know and can throw the monk in there to see what he does.

If I'm being honest, I'm really hoping for some revolutionary two QB set that changes everything and vindicates the NY jets franchise and fan base.

Ahhhhhh to be a dreamer. :D

Oddly, I'm actually all in for Sanchez. I think he's been getting a rw deal with Schotty and the switching of the WR group every year. He knows this is a big year for him. Tebow is breathing down his neck. Holmes, Keller, Kerly and Turner are all coming back.

It's make or break for him I think and for now, I'm going to keep optimistic. Ya know... send him positive vibes and sh*t. If he can't do it then at least we know and can throw the monk in there to see what he does.

If I'm being honest, I'm really hoping for some revolutionary two QB set that changes everything and vindicates the NY jets franchise and fan base.

Ahhhhhh to be a dreamer. :biggrin:

We are on the same wavelength dude! Agree 100%

Stick to ur guns, bro. Ur spot on. Even with the team doing all they can to sabotage him, the kid was still sitting at 8-5 with 21 TDs and 11 INT (and 5 more rushing TDs) before the locker room imploded. One debacle of a Ravens game, with no Mangold, and the 30 QB rating kept him out of the top 10 all year. There are only 16 games to divide into, a 30 is huge, and that is how they are rated. What we are seeing with Sanchez is one bad month, especially Ravens and Dolphins. Period. Look it up. It's the opposite of Tebow who is only remembered for a handful of drives.

Eric Smith doesn't blow two monster plays--Cruz and Tebow-- and this WHOLE thing is different! 4 playoff wins, more than any Jet QB ever. Took out Brady, Manning.........But there I go with those stupid facts again. lol

GB, I am saving a primo spot for you on the Sombrero-wagon, my man. #6 (and I) will have our day!!

We are on the same wavelength dude! Agree 100%

And on this topic, I am in agreement with you. lol I commend you for seeing through the facade.

Ok, I'll even admit I've been extra hard on Tebow for that reason. It's way less the religion junk as it is this team giving our QB the shaft when all he has done is take us where we quite frankly NEVER GO!

Good point to is that, sh*t, I don't WANT to hate on Tebow. I hope the dude is everything magical. Ideally, it will be quite clear from jump that 1. Sanchez is for real and 2. Tebow is a situational guy. So, figure about 3 or 4 games in, when Sanchez is on par with Manning statistically (8TD-3INT, 63% 99 rat) and the BS has ceased THEN it's time to have some Tebow fun!

Stick to ur guns, bro. Ur spot on. Even with the team doing all they can to sabotage him, the kid was still sitting at 8-5 with 21 TDs and 11 INT (and 5 more rushing TDs) before the locker room imploded. One debacle of a Ravens game, with no Mangold, and the 30 QB rating kept him out of the top 10 all year. There are only 16 games to divide into, a 30 is huge, and that is how they are rated. What we are seeing with Sanchez is one bad month, especially Ravens and Dolphins. Period. Look it up. It's the opposite of Tebow who is only remembered for a handful of drives.

Eric Smith doesn't blow two monster plays--Cruz and Tebow-- and this WHOLE thing is different! 4 playoff wins, more than any Jet QB ever. Took out Brady, Manning.........But there I go with those stupid facts again. lol

GB, I am saving a primo spot for you on the Sombrero-wagon, my man. #6 (and I) will have our day!!

the 30 hurt him for sure, but taking that out he still a 81.47 passer rating, good for 17th place

Exactly. Believe me, I am a realist and I saw the same thing that everyone else saw when Sanchez played poorly. The issue is that I believe he has not been given the best situation to succeed. From the WR situation to Schotty, to the O line issues to Plax and Holmes giving up on plays, to the Running game having less of an impact due to the O line problems, Green being subpar and no down field blocking.

I am not sold on Sanchez being the next great QB, but I'm also not in the camp that wants him gone. He has shown more than enough to believe he has as good a shot as anyone to be our guy.

I'm supporting him

Ding...Ding...Ding... we have a winner folks. That's the thing. Sanchez should be the starter, if Ryan can get a package that Tebow can run and run well, then I really don't think a defense can stop our offense consistently.

Exactly my friend you said it.....exactly!

All I am saying is Sanchez was not on the field when Cruz caught the TD and ran for 1000yards down field, and Sanchez wasn't on the field trying to tackle Tebow and the score was 17-7 Jets when the D went to sleep in the Raider game....there is plenty of blame to go around but lets be objective about things not subjective.

Sanchez was on the field when Denver, who couldn't do anything offensively, got their first td and got back in the game.

Sanchez was on the field when Denver, who couldn't do anything offensively, got their first td and got back in the game.

I get it, but where was the D when the game was on the line. If you are going to be that hard on Sanchez the same rule applies to the D as well and that includes Rex.

And on this topic, I am in agreement with you. lol I commend you for seeing through the facade.

Ok, I'll even admit I've been extra hard on Tebow for that reason. It's way less the religion junk as it is this team giving our QB the shaft when all he has done is take us where we quite frankly NEVER GO!

cool....

Calling the Broncos average is pretty generous. They were 12-21 with Orton at QB and 1-4 when Tebow started dragging them to the playoffs.

Pretty funny that if you go to their boards now they consider themselves Super Bowl favorites.

Calling the Broncos average is pretty generous. They were 12-21 with Orton at QB and 1-4 when Tebow started dragging them to the playoffs.

Pretty funny that if you go to their boards now they consider themselves Super Bowl favorites.

You are right I was being generous....Super bowl Favorites and the Bronco's is an oxy-moron......

Archived