More fuel to the offseason fire, ESPN Radio's Jody Mcdonald "Revis is going to hold out"

Matt39

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodbye Revis, go play somewhere else bro, your act is getting old. I don't want you anymore and if this is true, I'm no longer a fan of his. We can miss the playoffs again this year without you just like we did AS A TEAM last year WITH you. ....it's never been about 1 player.

If Revis did hold out again his contract is extended for the next three years. So 100% it's not going to happen, ESPN is just trying to shake things and make a story out of nothing. Just like the Sanchez comment about Tebow being a good competitor in the weight room.

I vaguely remember the hold out clause....maybe Jason knows more about the specifics of Revis' contract.

if ESPN reports it it's not true

Mcdonald isnt really ESPN though. He's a Jets fan first and foremost. Like I said, take it for what its worth...but he was pretty certain it was going to happen again.

But then again, not sure what type of sources were dealing with here.

If he does, this time you let him sit out unless you can get a great package for him.

Revis has been in the league for 5 years now. And, for 5 years, teams have gone to the Super Bowl 10 times and 5 have even managed to win it... All without Darrelle Revis on their roster.

Well they could have kept Manning and received 2 #1 picks and Revis

That's a cap disaster and it's sacrificing a guy who they think could be their guy for another 10 years for someone who's health they obviously did not/don't believe in.

Indy would never have made the deal.

If he does, this time you let him sit out unless you can get a great package for him.

That's the move, unfortunately. I think Revis has to know that, too. If holds out, the Jets will trade him.

That's the move, unfortunately. I think Revis has to know that, too. If holds out, the Jets will trade him.

It's like famous Branch Rickey and Ralph Kiner conversation:

Sportscaster and former baseball great Ralph Kiner tells the following story: After the season in which I hit 37 home runs, I asked Pittsburgh Pirate general manager Branch Rickey for a raise. He refused. “I led the league in homers,” I reminded him. “Where did we finish?” Rickey asked me. “Last,” I replied. “Well,” Rickey said, “We can finish last without you.”

If it comes to it... We're not a better team without Revis, but 2 first round picks, plus another mediocre year and it's not that hard to envision the team actually improving quickly.

I hope this doesn't happen, but we can't pay a CB like a QB. It's just not important enough.

Which is probably desire 1a (after money) for holding out.

I agree. Should Revis hold out this year, it's because he wants out.

But I really don't see the logic for wanting out - outside of the money he might get from another team. He's a big star in NYC. His endorsement deals and post-career opportunities are just better from here.

I agree. Should Revis hold out this year, it's because he wants out.

But I really don't see the logic for wanting out - outside of the money he might get from another team. He's a big star in NYC. His endorsement deals and post-career opportunities are just better from here.

Revis seemed a little disenchanted with the whole franchise in his earlier comments this year about the locker room and the focus of the team. I could see a player like him not wanting to deal with Holmes, Rex, NY, Francesa, the whole scene. Put him on the Steelers, with that pass rush, and they probably walk into the Super Bowl.

Revis seemed a little disenchanted with the whole franchise in his earlier comments this year about the locker room and the focus of the team. I could see a player like him not wanting to deal with Holmes, Rex, NY, Francesa, the whole scene.

I could see that.

Put him on the Steelers, with that pass rush, and they probably walk into the Super Bowl.

Yeah, but the Steelers never make this deal. The Redskins do. Maybe the Cowboys...

Mcdonald isnt really ESPN though. He's a Jets fan first and foremost. Like I said, take it for what its worth...but he was pretty certain it was going to happen again.

But then again, not sure what type of sources were dealing with here.

He probably asked Cimini, who is a clueless fool.

Archived