Holmes throws helmet in disgust at todays OTA's.."too many reps coach"

Matt39

Some of the dumbest comments in this thread are the irrational and extreme conclusions you are reaching as counterpoints. Thank you. Definitely good for the lulz.

If you're just going to come back at me with a$$hole comments and calling my opinion dumb, just do us all a favor and put me on ignore.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of the feelings come from expectations. Holmes has set himself up to be torn down, no matter how small or insignificant the event may seem. He literally can't do anything of question this year w/o journalists and the media making it bigger than it is. Pygmalion type thing.

If you're just going to come back at me with a$$hole comments and calling my opinion dumb, just do us all a favor and put me on ignore.

Put you on ignore? And miss out on all this? Not a chance.

I also didn't call your opinion dumb. I called your over-reactions unnecessary. You came up with the dumb part, lol.

And you can't comprehend any point of view other than Smash's World, which is why discussing anything with you is usually pointless - because you completely lack the ability to look at anything objectively - and even if people agree with you, it ends up being an argument.

JIF's stating the same thing over and over because he said the rational, smart and obvious thing the first time ... like 10 pages ago. I don't see any reason why he needs to keep stretching for more to say. Also, how can he be saying the same thing over and over, yet putting spin on things? lol

That lack of objectivity is why you say absurd sh*t like "I won't stand for it", and why you can't see that this is a NON-ISSUE to everyone that matters. Players and coaches. The Jets. Nobody is blowing a gasket over this other than you and a few other alarmist knuckleheads here, yet you talk about this as though it is central on everyone's mind...

Here is the reality. It doesn't matter. You, Matt and a few others gobbled up the media's bait hook, line and sinker, hit the panic button, and dove head first into your agendas.

I'd respect it more if you just came into threads like this and said, "Man, I hate that guy." and didn't bother explaining why, rather than fabricating a BS "rationale" for why everyone should hate him.

td;dr run along

dont fret Matt when people cant debate rationally or even understand the point of the counter arguement they insult or make outrageous comments when it gets to that point they are lost just like poor Santonio

Some of the dumbest comments in this thread are the irrational and extreme conclusions you are reaching as counterpoints. Thank you. Definitely good for the lulz.

You realize all he did was chuck his helmet and bitch a little bit right? Coaches brushed it off. Players brushed it off. Even the media pretty much moved right past it as a non-issue... yet, you guys talk about it like he killed someone.

Put you on ignore? And miss out on all this? Not a chance.

I also didn't call your opinion dumb. I called your over-reactions unnecessary. You came up with the dumb part, lol.

oh the lulz

dont fret Matt when people cant debate rationally or even understand the point of the counter arguement they insult or make outrageous comments when it gets to that point they are lost just like poor Santonio

As long as there is a super hero like you here that wont stand for it, everyone is safe.

Explain to me what is irrational about what I've been saying in this thread.

Explain to me when, if at all, you've actually discussed a counter point.

For the record, I've been discussing the over reaction of fans to the news of Santonio throwing his helmet. Saying the over-reaction is unnecessary, and its a non-issue, based on the FACT that it isn't being worried about in the press or by the team. My point has been clear, concise and pretty simple to get your head around... for someone who can look at things objectively, or at least knows when to panic and when not to.

You, Matt and a few others have basically used this incident to launch into fist-shaking tirades about all the wrong-doings of Santonio. Exaggerating what actually happened, talking about it and him with such severity you'd think he killed someone, focusing more on his past transgressions than this incident in and of itself, and when anyone (JIF or I) make a salient point, each of you has either blown it off, or offered up some moronic over-exaggerated misinterpretation of that point, purposely to avoid acknowledging it.

Yeah, I'm quite sure I've come across as the irrational one here. After all, it was me ranting and raving about "I WON'T STAND FOR IT!!!" Amiright?

oh the lulz

Like I said, I didn't call his opinion dumb. I called his comments dumb. Look what he wrote, tell me it's not dumb.... oh sh*t, nevermind.

I seriously can't believe you show up here everyday to get kicked in the gash like this...

Well Ape and JIF I have been saying throughout the entire thread the episode itself was not a tremendous deal but if the guy keeps doing these so called little things over and over like he has for a while now it becomes an ordeal because its a cumulative effect. if he was a model citizen his whole careeer this would most defintely be a non issue but he hasent and you both know it. also APE I could not give a damn what the Media thinks on the Subject to be honest I read the reports and make my own judgement.

Ive also been saying that Santonio knowing hes under the microscope should use better judgement. Thats my stance on the subject yet both of you try to antagonize and start arguements and make up sh*t I never said. Thats what I meant by "I wont stand for it" but of course you misunderstood that as well. So I cant win no matter what, since neither one of you will ever back off your stance either. So in a nutshell we are all hard headed no big deal lets move on and hope this guy uses his head and stops drawing attention to himself.

As long as there is a super hero like you here that wont stand for it, everyone is safe.

what exactly is it you think I wont stand for ? Maybe it was a poor choice of words but I think you know exactly what I meant yet you keep pushing the buttons and to be honest thats all you ever do.

Well Ape and JIF I have been saying throughout the entire thread the episode itself was not a tremendous deal but if the guy keeps doing these so called little things over and over like he has for a while now it becomes an ordeal because its a cumulative effect. if he was a model citizen his whole careeer this would most defintely be a non issue but he hasent and you both know it. also APE I could not give a damn what the Media thinks on the Subject to be honest I read the reports and make my own judgement.

Ive also been saying that Santonio knowing hes under the microscope should use better judgement. Thats my stance on the subject yet both of you try to antagonize and start arguements and make up sh*t I never said. Thats what I meant by "I wont stand for it" but of course you misunderstood that as well. So I cant win no matter what, since neither one of you will ever back off your stance either. So in a nutshell we are all hard headed no big deal lets move on and hope this guy uses his head and stops drawing attention to himself.

IF he keeps doing it, then we have another discussion on our hands. I think where we differ is that you automatically assume the IF will happen, and talk about it as if they have. Alarmist.

I don't care much for the media either. I bring it up to make the point that if they aren't even droning on and on about it, then there really is no reason for you to. Not sure how you don't understand what I meant there.

I didn't misunderstand anything you said. I just think what you said is ludicrous. I made the point when I asked "whose microscope?"

I'm not being hard headed about anything here, I'm pointing out the reality of the situation and you are arguing back at me worst case hypotheticals, and whining about me not changing my opinion. I'm not speaking from the stance of opinion. I'm point out fact.

The coaches aren't worrying about it. The media isn't talking about it anymore. Done deal. It's just you guys and your hyperbole and your anti-Holmes agenda that are making it out to be something that it isn't.

You dont give a damn about what the media reports, you make your own judgement? How exactly do you do that? You and Holmes boys? Got some friends in the league? Are you secretly an ex-Steeler or currently a NY Jet? Play with him at OSU? Pretty sure the only thing you know about Holmes the media feeds to you my friend.

And while you dont think its a tremendous deal but act differently, I personally dont think anything Holmes has done in his entire career is a tremendous deal. He smokes weed and yells at his QB who threw away the season because he was chillin in the shade watching it happen in Miami waiting to party it up in South Beach.

Everyone talks about all his episodes...what episodes? In 2010 he was everyone's best friend doing the fly boy winning games. Now he's a bad guy because he yelled at the super fragile Mark Sanchez.

Nobody is making any sh*t up you didnt say. You say this all the time.

what exactly is it you think I wont stand for ? Maybe it was a poor choice of words but I think you know exactly what I meant yet you keep pushing the buttons and to be honest thats all you ever do.

I'm not a mind reader, you said you wont stand for it. Not sure how else you can interpret that.

IF he keeps doing it, then we have another discussion on our hands.

I guess I'm not sure what your beef is if you're willing to make this point. He's coming off of an entire season of being a dick. He might have a hypothetical clean slate with Hunter, but fans have every reason to raise an eyebrow at even the minor stuff like this.

I guess I'm not sure what your beef is if you're willing to make this point. He's coming off of an entire season of being a dick. He might have a hypothetical clean slate with Hunter, but fans have every reason to raise an eyebrow at even the minor stuff like this.

I don't have a beef. Its relatively common sense if Holmes starts doing this regularly, THEN we've got a problem. For now, it's an isolated incident garnering no attention other than this dumb thread.

That said, this thread isn't "raising an eyebrow". It's a handful of alarmists talking tough about what Holmes should and shouldn't do, how he better get in line, how people won't stand for this and that, and making it out like the dude killed someone. My position is and has always been re-*******-lax.

Everyone talks about all his episodes...what episodes? In 2010 he was everyone's best friend doing the fly boy winning games. Now he's a bad guy because he yelled at the super fragile Mark Sanchez.

Nobody is making anything sh*t up you didnt say. You say this all the time..

This, and this.

I don't have a beef. Its relatively common sense if Holmes starts doing this regularly, THEN we've got a problem. For now, it's an isolated incident garnering no attention other than this dumb thread.

That said, this thread isn't "raising an eyebrow". It's a handful of alarmists talking tough about what Holmes should and shouldn't do, how he better get in line, how people won't stand for this and that, and making it out like the dude killed someone. My position is and has always been re-*******-lax.

The dude has a history of antisocial, anti-authoritarian behaviors dating back to OSU. I don't think it's alarmist to view his little OTA hissy-fit outside of the vacuum. If Kerley threw his helmet, it's a non-story. But because it's Holmes, it's an indication that he has zero remorse over last season's behavior so it gets compounded. If the Jets are to succeed this year, Sanchez needs to turn it around. If Sanchez is going to turn it around, Holmes has to toe the line. That's why it's particularly galling that, in his first appearance in an official Jet capacity, he chose to act out. This is the cat showing up with feathers in his mouth.

Again. That's cool if this is the first time he acted like a dick. It isn't and you're well aware of this. It's June and the list has already started. Albeit it something very minor, it's for a guy who really doesn't get the benefit of the doubt for anything from here on out. Even for the minor stuff. Considering we've been getting nothing but reports about how he's gone all first probation hearing-Red Redding on us, it's not cool seeing something like this. It's perfectly reasonable to analyze it from this angle. You're saying if he starts doing this regularly, but the problem is that he's been acting like this regularly already. Guy's a jackass.

The dude has a history of antisocial, anti-authoritarian behaviors dating back to OSU. I don't think it's alarmist to view his little OTA hissy-fit outside of the vacuum. If Kerley threw his helmet, it's a non-story. But because it's Holmes, it's an indication that he has zero remorse over last season's behavior so it gets compounded.

The dude has a history of antisocial, anti-authoritarian behaviors dating back to OSU. I don't think it's alarmist to view his little OTA hissy-fit outside of the vacuum. If Kerley threw his helmet, it's a non-story. But because it's Holmes, it's an indication that he has zero remorse over last season's behavior so it gets compounded. If the Jets are to succeed this year, Sanchez needs to turn it around. If Sanchez is going to turn it around, Holmes has to toe the line. That's why it's particularly galling that, in his first appearance in an official Jet capacity, he chose to act out. This is the cat showing up with feathers in his mouth.

Crap, I hate it when you make sense.

Good post

Again. That's cool if this is the first time he acted like a dick. It isn't and you're well aware of this. It's June and the list has already started. Albeit it something very minor, it's for a guy who really doesn't get the benefit of the doubt for anything from here on out. Even for the minor stuff. Considering we've been getting nothing but reports about how he's gone all first probation hearing-Red Redding on us, it's not cool seeing something like this. It's perfectly reasonable to analyze it from this angle. You're saying if he starts doing this regularly, but the problem is that he's been acting like this regularly already. Guy's a jackass.

This pretty much sums it up.

The Eagles TD dance was pretty much the final straw of hope.

Other than smoking weed and yelling at what were/are his behavior issues?

Other than smoking weed and yelling at what were/are his behavior issues?

The off the field stuff is whatever, as long as he doesn't miss time. Its more the interactions with teammates, and just plain stupid decisions he makes on the field that are infuriating.

The Eagles game being one. He's had a bunch of bad fumbles here. The Bars fumble was awful. The Colts playoff game where he let the punt roll between his legs was one of the more bizarre and absurdly stupid plays I've ever seen. The ridiculous first down celebration regardless of the score. It's just all about him at all times.

This thread has gone on forever and I dont want to make it seen like Santonio went on a killing spree though.

The off the field stuff is whatever, as long as he doesn't miss time. Its more the interactions with teammates, and just plain stupid decisions he makes on the field that are infuriating.

The Eagles game being one. He's had a bunch of bad fumbles here. The Bars fumble was awful. The Colts playoff game where he let the punt roll between his legs was one of the more bizarre absurdly stupid plays I've ever seen.

This thread has gone on forever and I dont want to make it seen like Santonio went on a killing spree though.

Honestly, the Eagles game is the only time I've ever been like, wtf? And it was only because we were down by 28pts or whatever. Otherwise, it would have been awesome.

Archived