Holmes throws helmet in disgust at todays OTA's.."too many reps coach"

Matt39

It already is a non-story. YOU having an issue with it doesn't make it a story.

So basically the issue here is that Holmes wasn't graceful in how he handles himself. Good. I don't want graceful football players on this team. Also, the way it has been reported on is that he yelled, but then repeatedly reporters said he "talked" to his coaches. The "he barked at his coaches" and "he dressed down his coach" blather is all hyperbole from your fellow alarmist, agenda-driven JN posters.

wait did the JN posters come up with the issue of him barking at Sanjay ? I thouht that came from one of the observers at the practice ?? if Im wrong please correct me.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OP we are just discussig the situation ...who the hell gives a damn what we think anyway. What I wont stand to listen too is posters sticking up for someone who has done this crap their entire career thats my gripe and its a different arguement than the actual act itself.

I've said it many times - he's not my favorite Jet - and I don't consider my position in this discussion as "sticking up for him". I'm sticking up for common sense and rationality. I already made this clear.

I just think you guys are being alarmist babies, and I think I'm stupid for actually trying to appeal to reason.

The only people that seem to be alarmed are a handful of dopey fans bitching about it on message boards.

While this is very true, it's still a pretty lame thing by a guy who spent the majority of last season being incredibly lame. Would have been nice to at least get to training camp before we had to start hearing crap like this already. Little as it may be, it's still an incident with a guy who probably shouldn't be at the forefront of any more incidents.

It already is a non-story. YOU having an issue with it doesn't make it a story.

So basically the issue here is that Holmes wasn't graceful in how he handles himself. Good. I don't want graceful football players on this team. Also, the way it has been reported on is that he yelled, but then repeatedly reporters said he "talked" to his coaches. The "he barked at his coaches" and "he dressed down his coach" blather is all hyperbole from your fellow alarmist, agenda-driven JN posters.

Also OP you know why this is still an Issue ?? Because this guy has still not learned to control himself. Yes that is an Issue and will continue to be. this guy has to know after last years debacle everyone would be watching him hes either very very dumb or hes doing this for attention to take focus off the real issue that this guy does not do a good job learning the offense just like flgreen alluded oo

wait did the JN posters come up with the issue of him barking at Sanjay ? I thouht that came from one of the observers at the practice ?? if Im wrong please correct me.

I've read more articles that said he tossed his helmet and yelled to his coach, then walked over and talked to the coach. I've seen nothing that corroborates the claims that he "dressed Sanjay down" and whatever.

I've imagined him yelling out "Coach! I'm done! I can't run with these guys!" and tossing his helmet to the sideline in frustration and exhaustion, and the fans here turning it into "Sanjay how dare you make me practice I hate football i hate the jets wah-wah-wahhhhhhh **** the police, i gunna eat yo babies, i kill you i kill you i kill you!!!!" then he throws his helmet at Rex's lap band, shoves a grenade up Sanchez's a$$, and spears Sparano with a triton...

I mentioned that in the post you just quoted. That's probably what it looked like to the casual observer, and what you would expect. That isn't what happened. The rookies were coaching him up. That's why he threw his tantrum. He was looking stupid, because he acted stupid by not looking at his play book. If after practice he just came out and took some responsibility, and said I'm not angry at anyone else I'm was just frustrated because I wasn't in shape or prepared for this practice. I'm going to break my butt over the next week so I don't make myself and my teammates look stupid. Then you would be correct. Hey, it's June, who cares. He didn't. he immediately blamed the coaches for expecting him to be as prepared as the other 79 or so guys out there. Poor Tone You mentioned in another thread about throwing your club because you were tired. Does that make you a thug turd? Immature perhaps. If the prior week the rest of your foursome refused to continue playing with you on the 16 tee because you were being a jerk, allowed you to join them again this week, and you started it again, I don't know if it makes you a thug turd, but it sure makes you some one I wouldn't want to play golf with any more. If this was an isolated incident it wouldn't be a big deal. It's not, It's a pattern of behavior. The Jets had a problem in their locker room last season. Holmes was clearly a major part of that. It's time for him to man up, or sit down

He did sit down. That's what everyone is crying about.

Also, how much of this post is fact - how much is hyperbole?

I've read more articles that said he tossed his helmet and yelled to his coach, then walked over and talked to the coach. I've seen nothing that corroborates the claims that he "dressed Sanjay down" and whatever.

I've imagined him yelling out "Coach! I'm done! I can't run with these guys!" and tossing his helmet to the sideline in frustration and exhaustion, and the fans here turning it into "Sanjay how dare you make me practice I hate football i hate the jets wah-wah-wahhhhhhh **** the police, i gunna eat yo babies, i kill you i kill you i kill you!!!!" then he throws his helmet at Rex's lap band, shoves a grenade up Sanchez's a$$, and spears Sparano with a triton...

hey hey now only im able to go over the top ...so stop ! :P

Also OP you know why this is still an Issue ?? Because this guy has still not learned to control himself. Yes that is an Issue and will continue to be. this guy has to know after last years debacle everyone would be watching him hes either very very dumb or hes doing this for attention to take focus off the real issue that this guy does not do a good job learning the offense just like flgreen alluded oo

It has already been established that Tone is dumb.

Already established that he wasn't good for the team's chemistry last season.

What hasn't been established is what actually happened and what was said when he left the field... and why some fans have put yanking himself from a voluntary workout on par with committing a crime against humanity.

What hasn't been established is what actually happened and what was said when he left the field... and why some fans have put yanking himself from a voluntary workout on par with committing a crime against humanity.

I guess im just not making it clear. ITS THE CONTINUATION OF THIS BEHAVIOR THAT MAKES IT A STORY. END OF ARGUEMENT. If some fans are solely making this about what I bolded in your post than thats a different story

step 1 go on vacation

step 2 dont pay for vacation as it is on the dime of the USO or at the very least write vacation off on taxes

step 3 return to work and throw a fit in front of bosses, coworkers and fans about all the work that piled up while you were on vacation

step 4 ???

step 5 profit

not sure how you can make the first 2 points here and then go on to defend conduct that supports the first 2 points.

Also, how much of this post is fact - how much is hyperbole?

Where's the hyperbole?

I responded to a post from JiF, with a direct quote from Dexter Jackson that he wasn't being coached up by Holmes, he was coaching Holmes up.

Holmes was kicked out of a huddle at the end of last season for being a jerk. That's a fact.

His team mates have taken the high ground and saying they gladly except him back. he comes out the very first practice, and has an issue with the new CS. Not hyperbole. A strong indicator that his behavior is going to continue.

People are talking about how a clash between Sanchez and Tebow are going to destroy the team. I doubt it, Neither of them are the personalities for it. The real threat to this team is the interaction between Sparano, and Holmes. I'm not a real Sparano fan as an innovative OC , but I do know this from his years with the Fish, he is not going to put up with a diva who challenges the CS every time something doesn't go his way. This isn't the end of the world, but it is sure a bad omen for things to come.

This will end only one of two ways. Either Holmes buys into Sparano's idea a personal responsibility, and contributes to his full upside on the field, and the locker room.

or

There is going to be a major clash between them which will force Rex to make a decision to sit Holmes down, not during practice, but during games, or to defy his new OC.

None of this may become any type of issue, but from past behavior it's not a good sign

not sure how you can make the first 2 points here and then go on to defend conduct that supports the first 2 points.

I'm not defending his conduct. I'm simply pointing out that the over-reaction here is not befitting the actual incident. The alarmist JN poster renditions of what happened and what it all means is pathetic.

It was a voluntary team activity. I'd rather have him pissed he couldn't keep up, than apathetic. The problems he's caused in the past were born out of apathy.

Where's the hyperbole? I responded to a post from JiF, with a direct quote from Dexter Jackson that he wasn't being coached up by Holmes, he was coaching Holmes up. Holmes was kicked out of a huddle at the end of last season for being a jerk. That's a fact. His team mates have taken the high ground and saying they gladly except him back. he comes out the very first practice, and has an issue with the new CS. Not hyperbole. A strong indicator that his behavior is going to continue. People are talking about how a clash between Sanchez and Tebow are going to destroy the team. I doubt it, Neither of them are the personalities for it. The real threat to this team is the interaction between Sparano, and Holmes. I'm not a real Sparano fan as an innovative OC , but I do know this from his years with the Fish, he is not going to put up with a diva who challenges the CS every time something doesn't go his way. This isn't the end of the world, but it is sure a bad omen for things to come. This will end only one of two ways. Either Holmes buys into Sparano's idea a personal responsibility, and contributes to his full upside on the field, and the locker room. or There is going to be a major clash between them which will force Rex to make a decision to sit Holmes down, not during practice, but during games, or to defy his new OC. None of this may become any type of issue, but from past behavior it's not a good sign

That is why I asked what was fact and what wasn't. I wasn't calling your post hyperbole, I trusted that you'd give me an honest response.

It's not what he did, Monk, it's the combination of what he did and more importantly how he did it. If I'm on a team and team mate is acting like an immature Prima donna when he has done dickfist and the staff is not doing anything about it - my enthusiasm drops WAY down.

It's not what he did, Monk, it's the combination of what he did and more importantly how he did it. If I'm on a team and team mate is acting like an immature Prima donna when he has done dickfist and the staff is not doing anything about it - my enthusiasm drops WAY down.

I don't leave it up to others to dictate my enthusiasm.

These guys made it to the NFL, I have to imagine they've seen selfish players before, and I have to imagine they've got the whole "motivation" thing covered.

I don't leave it up to others to dictate my enthusiasm.

These guys made it to the NFL, I have to imagine they've seen selfish players before, and I have to imagine they've got the whole "motivation" thing covered.

Right

You know who else made a great SB catch David Tyre who is now out of the league if Im not mistaken and as for Holmes he has had a JAG career other than that one season and one SB game when the defense was probably over accounting for a REAL WR like Hines Ward opening things up for a slouch like Holmes. Like Ive said before I think the guy has talent but I think hes a disruption and he has not lived up to his SB MVP billing at all he is inconsistent and once again seems to be running the wrong routes in practice. Funny while installing a new offense Holmes (while having the entire offseason to do so) goes to germany to entertain the troops when he should be learnign the play book like the troops want to see someone like him and his sh*tty attitude after they risked their lives for their country. This guy knows his contract locks him in to do WTF ever he wants and by god hes gonna do it no matter what any one else says or thinks.

You just compared David Tyree to Santonio Holmes, yet I'm going to actually continue this conversation with you. Shame on me.

Your still missing the freakin point JIF no one is questioning weather he knows his body or not they are questioning his methods of handling the situation. yes this might be somewhat trivial due to the time frame but EVERYONE but Holmes seems to know every move jhe makes will be under the microscope. The slightly less moronic Writers will never ever let sh*t like this slip yopu know it, I know it, everyone in football knows it except Santonio Holmes and thats what pisses a lot of fans off. The only person that can easily avoid this nonsense is Holmes. I dont give a damn if hes helping coach up rookies and i wont give him special cradit for that since that should be on every veterans mind in a true team environment

So basically, if Holmes does something good it doesnt matter but when he does something you deem wrong, its the end of the world. Got it. Thanks for sharing. I now get the fricking point.

I didn't bother to read the entirety of this thread, but why am I not surprised that a Holmes thread features a JiF/smash argument?

I don't think there's anything all that out of the ordinary with this little stunt than what we've seen his entire time with the team. My opinion now is what it always was, he's a pretty good WR, but not the elite player he thinks he is or was once hyped to be, and is a douche. The only difference is now his normally douchey behavior is scrutinized that much more because of the ridiculously douchey stunt he pulled at the end of last season, when in reality this is no different than what we've been seeing out of him since day one on the Jets.

OP we are just discussig the situation ...who the hell gives a damn what we think anyway. What I wont stand to listen too is posters sticking up for someone who has done this crap their entire career thats my gripe and its a different arguement than the actual act itself.

Lmfao. You wont stand for it? What are the repercussions for these posters? I'm nervous.

I mentioned that in the post you just quoted. That's probably what it looked like to the casual observer, and what you would expect.

That isn't what happened. The rookies were coaching him up. That's why he threw his tantrum. He was looking stupid, because he acted stupid by not looking at his play book.

If after practice he just came out and took some responsibility, and said I'm not angry at anyone else I'm was just frustrated because I wasn't in shape or prepared for this practice. I'm going to break my butt over the next week so I don't make myself and my teammates look stupid. Then you would be correct. Hey, it's June, who cares.

He didn't. he immediately blamed the coaches for expecting him to be as prepared as the other 79 or so guys out there. Poor Tone

You mentioned in another thread about throwing your club because you were tired. Does that make you a thug turd? Immature perhaps. If the prior week the rest of your foursome refused to continue playing with you on the 16 tee because you were being a jerk, allowed you to join them again this week, and you started it again, I don't know if it makes you a thug turd, but it sure makes you some one I wouldn't want to play golf with any more.

If this was an isolated incident it wouldn't be a big deal. It's not, It's a pattern of behavior. The Jets had a problem in their locker room last season. Holmes was clearly a major part of that. It's time for him to man up, or sit down

Well, from all accounts, last year was completely overblown and it sounds like this is similar. It bothers you. Fine. I get it. I dont see it bothering members of the NY Jets. Or at least, this was so insignificant that Rex was asked about it once, gave his take, and everyone has moved on. Not another peep about this from anyone. Probably because its OTA's, June and insignificant. But whatevs. I get why it rubs fans the wrong way.

You just compared David Tyree to Santonio Holmes, yet I'm going to actually continue this conversation with you. Shame on me.

So basically, if Holmes does something good it doesnt matter but when he does something you deem wrong, its the end of the world. Got it. Thanks for sharing. I now get the fricking point.

Actully you get no point at all. Your losing the arguement in a big time way so you resort to foolishness. Its obvious I NEVER compared David Tyre to Santonio Holmes just something they both accomplished to show you anyone can make a great play on the big stage but that does not mean that leads to an automaticly great career. Sorry you cant comprehend that maybe this little summary helps you along a bit.

As for not standing for something, Im trying to show I wont let up in the arguement but of course again you take things too literally and simply cant comphrehend where im comming from in the arguement. Your spin is comical and its the same thing over and over the only way you justify arguing at all is by trying to take the counter point and bring it to your own extreme. But your right I dont know why you bother to argue it must be tought getting owned on a constant basis.

until next time Holmes does something stupid we can pick up right where we left off.

Lmfao. You wont stand for it? What are the repercussions for these posters? I'm nervous.

Well, from all accounts, last year was completely overblown and it sounds like this is similar. It bothers you. Fine. I get it. I dont see it bothering members of the NY Jets. Or at least, this was so insignificant that Rex was asked about it once, gave his take, and everyone has moved on. Not another peep about this from anyone. Probably because its OTA's, June and insignificant. But whatevs. I get why it rubs fans the wrong way.

Your right JiF, if this is the end of it, and I hope it is, it doesn't mean squat. I just don't like the way this relationship between Sparano and Holmes is starting out.

I dont think Super Bowl MVP gives you a lifetime pass to do whatever you want.

Considering the likes of James Washington, Larry Brown and Dexter Jackson have all been there too.

wait a minute did you just compare those guys to Santonio Holmes ??? How could you even think this ??

Actully you get no point at all. Your losing the arguement in a big time way so you resort to foolishness. Its obvious I NEVER compared David Tyre to Santonio Holmes just something they both accomplished to show you anyone can make a great play on the big stage but that does not mean that leads to an automaticly great career. Sorry you cant comprehend that maybe this little summary helps you along a bit.

As for not standing for something, Im trying to show I wont let up in the arguement but of course again you take things too literally and simply cant comphrehend where im comming from in the arguement. Your spin is comical and its the same thing over and over the only way you justify arguing at all is by trying to take the counter point and bring it to your own extreme. But your right I dont know why you bother to argue it must be tought getting owned on a constant basis.

until next time Holmes does something stupid we can pick up right where we left off.

So, David Tyree and Santonio Holmes have comparable careers?

P.S. - thanks for pwning me all the time Smash. You make me a better poster.

Your right JiF, if this is the end of it, and I hope it is, it doesn't mean squat. I just don't like the way this relationship between Sparano and Holmes is starting out.

Did Sparano have anything to do with this incident?

wait a minute did you just compare those guys to Santonio Holmes ??? How could you even think this ??

His comparisons >>>> yours

so even after I just explained it, you still dont get it ?? wow go back and read r e a l l y S l o w Im sure it will come to you sometime in the next few hours

Dont you see? I'm giving you the opportunity pwn me again. duh

And you can't comprehend any point of view other than Smash's World, which is why discussing anything with you is usually pointless - because you completely lack the ability to look at anything objectively - and even if people agree with you, it ends up being an argument.

JIF's stating the same thing over and over because he said the rational, smart and obvious thing the first time ... like 10 pages ago. I don't see any reason why he needs to keep stretching for more to say. Also, how can he be saying the same thing over and over, yet putting spin on things? lol

That lack of objectivity is why you say absurd sh*t like "I won't stand for it", and why you can't see that this is a NON-ISSUE to everyone that matters. Players and coaches. The Jets. Nobody is blowing a gasket over this other than you and a few other alarmist knuckleheads here, yet you talk about this as though it is central on everyone's mind...

Here is the reality. It doesn't matter. You, Matt and a few others gobbled up the media's bait hook, line and sinker, hit the panic button, and dove head first into your agendas.

I'd respect it more if you just came into threads like this and said, "Man, I hate that guy." and didn't bother explaining why, rather than fabricating a BS "rationale" for why everyone should hate him.

I dont think Super Bowl MVP gives you a lifetime pass to do whatever you want. Considering the likes of James Washington, Larry Brown and Dexter Jackson have all been there too.

Some of the dumbest comments in this thread are the irrational and extreme conclusions you are reaching as counterpoints. Thank you. Definitely good for the lulz.

You realize all he did was chuck his helmet and bitch a little bit right? Coaches brushed it off. Players brushed it off. Even the media pretty much moved right past it as a non-issue... yet, you guys talk about it like he killed someone.

Archived