How high is Revis ???

Larz

While I certainly think Nick is a top 100 player, he is a victim of circumstance here. There are only 10 OL in the entire list to begin with, only three in the top 50, and none in the top 30. Lineman do not get the respect they deserve, even amongst their peers. I would imagine there is a strong correlation between this list and player salaries, especially if you break it down by position.

Nick is the 2nd best player on the team, not the backup QB. Just another reason this list is laughable.

If the people calling these shots at the NFL network had half a brain they would have done this by position. Trying to do a top 100 they way they do is stupid beyond belief. Whats even more hysterical is most of the players who come on the show didnt even know the damn thing existed saying they never got a list to fill out so how the hell is this voted on by the players ?? Maybe ex players like fat ass Warren Sapp and Jaimie Douche

Mangold should be on the list, Brick will be on the list next year...

Some horribly constructed list dictates that Revis must be paid?

it is horrible - revis should be higher. best defender at top of his game against all competition is by definition better than 4th best offender

it is horrible - revis should be higher. best defender at top of his game against all competition is by definition better than 4th best offender

The Jets have the best defender in football on their roster, and a lot of fans want to trade him for a handful of magic beans because he's difficult to negotiate with. What's really funny is that Jet fans are often described as, "smart."

Mangold should be on the list, Brick will be on the list next year...

Some horribly constructed list dictates that Revis must be paid?

I think the Jets need to place calls to any one of the Steelers, Giants, Panthers, Lions, Broncos, Chargers, Eagles, Ravens, and Cowboys (not to mention any other team who doesn't have a "top 100" player at QB), and let them know that they have hard facts to prove that they should be trading their starting QB PLUS more in return for the immortal Mr. Revis. That should work, right?

I think the Jets need to place calls to any one of the Steelers, Giants, Panthers, Lions, Broncos, Chargers, Eagles, Ravens, and Cowboys (not to mention any other team who doesn't have a "top 100" player at QB), and let them know that they have hard facts to prove that they should be trading their starting QB PLUS more in return for the immortal Mr. Revis. That should work, right?

Bleedin you keep bringing this back to the quarterback and what a quarterback is worth. It's not a real comparison. The Jets aren't choosing between Revis and Matt Stafford. They are choosing between Revis and not Revis. There isn't a scenario where the Jets pay revis and then can't afford to pay Aaron Rodgers. Franchise players usually don't hit the open market, regardless of position. The Jets would be dumb to let theirs hit the open market too. Yes maybe if Mark Sanchez was playing like Drew Brees they wouldn't need a Revis to win. But it's not happening. This is the hand they were dealt. They have a franchise caliber CB and wishing he was a QB isn't a reason to get rid of him.

Bleedin you keep bringing this back to the quarterback and what a quarterback is worth. It's not a real comparison. The Jets aren't choosing between Revis and Matt Stafford. They are choosing between Revis and not Revis. There isn't a scenario where the Jets pay revis and then can't afford to pay Aaron Rodgers. Franchise players usually don't hit the open market, regardless of position. The Jets would be dumb to let theirs hit the open market too. Yes maybe if Mark Sanchez was playing like Drew Brees they wouldn't need a Revis to win. But it's not happening. This is the hand they were dealt. They have a franchise caliber CB and wishing he was a QB isn't a reason to get rid of him.

I hear what you're saying, but I was really just making a crack playing off of Bergen's comment that some random "top 100" list isn't exactly a means to base how a player should be valued. I'd imagine you'd agree with that unless you think Tim Tebow should be the second highest paid player on the Jets. I just used QBs as the easiest example since no team in their right mind would ever trade a top tier QB for another player at a different position regardless of whether the other player in question was "better".

facts are he's not only our best player but the best defender in the league - choices are pay him like it or let him go. i would sit too if i was him.

Yep. Pretty much. Basically it comes down to, do we think having the best corner of all time significantly helps us in winning a Super Bowl and is worth it.

The Jets have the best defender in football on their roster, and a lot of fans want to trade him for a handful of magic beans because he's difficult to negotiate with. What's really funny is that Jet fans are often described as, "smart."

I agree. But I also think with our offense we're a ways a way from getting where we need to be. The offenise is a total mess starting with the QB...trading him for a bunch of picks would piss of the fanbase but it could help in the long run...

Its a tough decision...mainly because Revis is definitely that good.

facts are he's not only our best player but the best defender in the league - choices are pay him like it or let him go. i would sit too if i was him.

Actually those are the exact opposite of facts, they're opinions. And they already pay him as the best CB in the league.

Yep. Pretty much. Basically it comes down to, do we think having the best corner of all time significantly helps us in winning a Super Bowl and is worth it.

Players Revis will cover this year:

Week 1: Stevie Johnson

Week 2: Mike Wallace

Week 3: Ocho Cinco

Week 4: Randy Moss? Vernon Davis?

Week 5: Andre Johnson

Week 6: Reggie Wayne

Week 7: Wes Welker

Week 8: Ocho Cinco

Week 9: BYE

Week 10: Mike Williams

Week 11: St. Louis Rams

Week 12: Welker

Week 13: Larry Fitzgerald

Week 14: Jax

Week 15: Kenny Britt

Week 16: Chargers

Week 17: Stevie Johnson

Nothing like 2010 but still some pretty good WRs on the list. I'd say Revis is the difference between a shot at playoffs and no way in hell.

Nothing like 2010 but still some pretty good WRs on the list. I'd say Revis is the difference between a shot at playoffs and no way in hell.

Weeks 2 and 13. So excited.

He's the only guy in the league capable of shutting down 1/3 of the field. He is pretty darn valuable.

thanks, Merriam Webster. go make me a sandwich.

Well I hate to have to be the one to break it to you, but when your entire argument is built on the idea of things being facts because you say so, but that are actually in no way facts, it doesn't really hold up so well.

Well I hate to have to be the one to break it to you, but when your entire argument is built on the idea of things being facts because you say so, but that are actually in no way facts, it doesn't really hold up so well.

weaker than an argument based on pointing out a technical misuse of a word despite everyone on the planet understanding the colloquial connotation in which it was intended?

no

jets fans want him to be honest about all the money he's already been paid, shut up and play ball

Archived