Leaving no stone unturned Mr. T is trying out a shot putter for the Jets

Kentucky Jet

The one move that he TRIED to make, which showed incredible insight and forsight was the Miles Austin deal that almost happened...there was a guy that let's face it, nobody outside of Dallas ever heard of and he was on the verge of becoming a star-Tannenbaum was right on that one...

I remember when I used to get pissed off that everybody got excited over tryouts like this. Now I get pissed off about everybody getting upset about tryouts like this. It's a tryout. sh*theads like Charles Rogers and Jamarcus Russell get tryouts every now and then. Every Tuesday most teams have a bunch of stiffs come in to run around and lookout. Once in a blue moon one gets signed. Every couple of years one pans out as a rotation player. It is no indication on Tannenbaum good or bad that they had a tryout for this guy.

The one move that he TRIED to make, which showed incredible insight and forsight was the Miles Austin deal that almost happened...there was a guy that let's face it, nobody outside of Dallas ever heard of and he was on the verge of becoming a star-Tannenbaum was right on that one...

Horseshoes and hand grenades. :)

Maybe we should spend less time looking at non-football players and focus more on finding our next QB.

We don't need any more projects. Vlad is enough.

Sports Illustrated Stats: :winking0001:

Mark Sanchez - Articles 26 - Galleries 18 - Covers 2

Tim Tebow - Articles 362 - Galleries 37 - Covers 8 - (not to bad for a backup that, according to some, can't even play QB)

When will I judge that Tebow has had a good and 'fair' chance to be a starting NFL QB?

When a good team puts everything behind him including the coaches and FO.

That's when I'll make my 'critical' judgment on his NFL Starting QB Potential.

That's with Tim starting as the #1 QB in the off-season and going right through an entire regular season

with him as the 'EVERY ADVANTAGE' starter. Anything before that is just more speculation imoho.

But so far, he's still an 8-6 + 1-1 ~ 9-7 winner as a 'cold off the bench' backup NFL QB.

He has had that offensive production with only 16 total starts plus 23 backup plays.

2010 - Total Offense on 125 rookie plays, 881 yds, 7 yds/play with 11 TD's to just 3 TO's.

2011 - Total Offense 393 plays for 2,389 yds, 6.1 yds/play, 18 TD's to 12 T-O's.

2011 - Playoff Totals 62 plays for 515 yds, 8.3 yds/play, 3 TD's to 1 Turnover.

Career - Total Offense - 580 Plays for 3,848 yds, 6.6 Yds/Play,

32 TD's, 16 Turnovers for a 2.0 to 1 Ratio.

Giving Tim an 8-6 + 1-1 = 9-7 W/L record.

That was for a team that was otherwise 4-14 with a 7-8 year NFL Vet QB.

PS

I'm fine with them looking at a 6-8 320, healthy, multi-talented player to see if he can get it done.

Good luck to both him and the Jets. Maybe :character0181: can come early this season.....

Tim Tebow - Articles 362 - Galleries 37 - Covers 8 - (not to bad for a backup that, according to some, can't even play QB)

When will I judge that Tebow has had a good and 'fair' chance to be a starting NFL QB?

When a good team puts everything behind him including the coaches and FO.

That's when I'll make my 'critical' judgment on his NFL Starting QB Potential.

That's with Tim starting as the #1 QB in the off-season and going right through an entire regular season

with him as the 'EVERY ADVANTAGE' starter. Anything before that is just more speculation imoho.

But so far, he's still an 8-6 + 1-1 ~ 9-7 winner as a 'cold off the bench' backup NFL QB.

He has had that offensive production with only 16 total starts plus 23 backup plays.

2010 - Total Offense on 125 rookie plays, 881 yds, 7 yds/play with 11 TD's to just 3 TO's.

2011 - Total Offense 393 plays for 2,389 yds, 6.1 yds/play, 18 TD's to 12 T-O's.

2011 - Playoff Totals 62 plays for 515 yds, 8.3 yds/play, 3 TD's to 1 Turnover.

Career - Total Offense - 580 Plays for 3,848 yds, 6.6 Yds/Play,

PS

I'm fine with them looking at a 6-8 320, healthy, multi-talented player to see if he can get it done.

Good luck to both him and the Jets. Maybe :character0181: can come early this season.....

tl;dr

Here's the short bus version for those with weak/defective attention spans: :animal0029:

Tebow's Career Total Offense - 580 Plays for 3,848 yds, 6.6 Yds/Play,

PS

Here's the short bus version for those with weak/defective attention spans: :animal0029:

Tebow's Career Total Offense - 580 Plays for 3,848 yds, 6.6 Yds/Play,

PS

Falling asleep.

You should change your handle from Jet-T's to Stat King.

And then we wouldn't have had the ammunition to trade up for Sanchez...

beat_dead_horse2.jpg

and how could he have possibly missed out on that kid from Hofstra that New Orleans drafted-I mean the team was friggin' THERE Colston...;

Because Colston played football, how would Mike T show how brilliant he is with unimaginative moves like that?

I remember when I used to get pissed off that everybody got excited over tryouts like this. Now I get pissed off about everybody getting upset about tryouts like this. It's a tryout. sh*theads like Charles Rogers and Jamarcus Russell get tryouts every now and then. Every Tuesday most teams have a bunch of stiffs come in to run around and lookout. Once in a blue moon one gets signed. Every couple of years one pans out as a rotation player. It is no indication on Tannenbaum good or bad that they had a tryout for this guy.

Wrong, he let Victor Cruz go. Any signing thereafter is an attempt to make up for that franchise breaking mistake.

Archived