Russell Wilson. Wow.

Integrity28

Undersized QB. Rookie just jumped up and TOOK that starting job in Seattle. Good for him.

This is the type of QB the Bradway-led Front office and now Scouting Department of the Jets has never been able to draft. Seattle got lucky.

The other side of this story is more Jets-like, in that Seattle overpaid for Matt Flynn and now likely won't be able to justify starting him. HAHAHHA... that is something we'd do.

Russell Wilson runs away with starting QB job

7460.jpg

Russell Wilson completed 13-of-19 passes for 185 yards and two touchdowns and rushed twice for 58 yards in Friday night's preseason start against Kansas City.

Wilson led an all-out assault on Kansas City's first-team defense, engineering six scores (three FGs, three TDs) on his first six drives. He wound up playing seven possessions, the seventh ending on a 51-yard missed field goal. Wilson continued his August magic and has almost certainly won Seattle's starting job over Matt Flynn, who didn't dress for the game due to a sore elbow. Through three preseason games, Wilson is 35-of-52 (67.3 percent) for 464 yards (8.92 YPA), five touchdowns, and one interception. He's rushed 10 times for 150 yards and a sixth score. Wilson certainly has high-upside QB2 potential for the regular season. If you bet against the guy, chances are you're going to lose.

The Matt Flynn love affair is all essentially for one game last season. That guy made out like a bandit. The whole world was gushing about him this FA period and for what? This is why I don't get caught up in anything any of these talking heads say.

Braylon looks 100% as well.. If he were to get cut, no brainer for us. He'd immediately start.

Also, David Wilson for the Giants, also looks like a beast.

Yes, and yes.

Ugh, we root for a team that just cannot draft QB and RB talent. Seriously.

Braylon looks 100% as well.. If he were to get cut, no brainer for us. He'd immediately start.

Also, David Wilson for the Giants, also looks like a beast.

braylon has been looking real good itll be good to see what he can do this year

as for david wilson i am in love with this pick since before he got drafted.. he is exciting to watch and i believe he will be the starter for the giants before the end of the season

The only reason that Wilson, Foles, and Luck look good is because their teams game plan for the preseason and the Jets don't, you guys. Duh.

Glad somebody here has some perspective. The Seahawks are idiots, they payed Flynn all that money then have a competition! LOL. We woulda just started him for 3 years and made excuses if he sucked

Glad somebody here has some perspective. The Seahawks are idiots, they payed Flynn all that money then have a competition! LOL. We woulda just started him for 3 years and made excuses if he sucked

The Seahawks are nuts. Did they even check to see if Russell Wilson is marketable to the very desirable Females (Between 18-24) and Latino demographics?

Making big deal out of the pre-season... lol

I'd normally agree with you, as evidenced by my comments on the hysteria here for the past couple weeks. That said, and maybe this wasn't clear in my initial post, my "wow" was largely a reaction to Wilson coming to the league and facing a situation where he is the long-shot to win that job, and then stepping up and doing it.

So it's more "making big deal out of long-shot stepping up and taking the job".

It's the stepping up part that I'm impressed by. We don't get QBs around her there have guts like that. Clearly.

After this many decades, yeah, you'd have to draw that conclusion.

Ha. I meant specifically the last three years in deference to Sanchez's fragile psyche. But, come to think of it, they never really brought in anyone to challenge Penny until he was clearly shot.

Ha. I meant specifically the last three years in deference to Sanchez's fragile psyche. But, come to think of it, they never really brought in anyone to challenge Penny until he was clearly shot.

Our inability to bring in QB talent goes back to the beginning of Bradway's tenure here, whether as GM or whatever his involvement is scouting is. Same can be said for RB.

Curtis Martin. Vinny T. In the past 20 years, two free agents are all we've managed to acquire worth talking about.

Look at Detroit. Replace the bag GM with a good one, and you end up with Stafford, Megatron, Suh, Titus, and more whole organization turned around, and no soundbytes from anyone in that organization were needed to put that in motion.

Archived